Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flavored water alternatives page

pussnbootsgal is offline Junior Member

Flavored water alternatives

I used to be a major Dr Pepper addict. Then switched to diet before finding this site. I am now on water but I add crystal light. I use the one serving packet but add it to a liter of water ( it just seems too strong in a 20oz bottle as suggested ).

I haven't started full on Primal yet. Still reading the books and want to be armed with info before I embark. But I am making changes daily to ease into the transition.

So that being said, does anyone have info /recipes / suggestions to flavor my water? I know Grok just drank plain water but I am still a softy and like my creature comforts.

boxcarguy07 is offline Senior Member
    lol @ saying "on water"... dunno just sounds funny.

squeezing some lemon or lime into water maybe? I dunno, water tastes how it's supposed to taste to me
    I never know what to put in these things. I write songs!

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Now would be a good time to unlearn the conventional wisdom that beverages have to be tasty treats.

If you're thirsty, go drink a glass of water and then carry on with whatever you're doing. It doesn't have to be a flavor event.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

I don't even want to state how many cokes I was drinking a day before primal. I honestly thought I was thirsty all the time and had to have something to drink. I WAS thirsty from drinking all that crap! I don't miss it one bit, it's just a sugar craving. Now I just have a large glass or 2 of water with my meal and that works for me. Unless I am working out or it's hot, there is no need to have a beverage with me.

I would say lemon or tea, if you need to transition. get off the SUGAR as soon as possible and it will be a lot easier to transition. I used to keep a pitcher of water with 2 green tea bags and a splash of organic, unsweetened cranberry juice (no sweetener added) in the fridge. I eventually just wanted water and I stopped making it.
    Last edited by healthyphysique; 04-14-2012 at 10:48 AM.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I was a gallon of sweet tea per day drinker, before I got "on water" So for about 6 months, nothing but plain water. Just a few days ago, I bought some lemons and slice them thin, and add a couple of slices. I am already tired of it.

What helps me to drink my water, is using a straw. I can walk and drink, I can type at the computer/work at my desk and drink, I can drive and drink and not take my eyes off the road so long as I have a straw.

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Get a soda stream carbonator which adds fizz. A little lime or lemon and you have a fine beverage.

bionicsamm is offline Senior Member
    Lemon, lime, cucumber (actually really good), raspberries...and ICE. Water tastes better cold.

jendoe is offline Senior Member
    I usually drink plain water, but when I want something a little fancy...

- Ice water with a slice of lemon (sqeeze lemon, then also drop it in the water to maximize lemon-y-ness)
    - Ice water with lime
    - Same idea, you could probably sqeeze a slice of orange, though I'd think it would be sweeter
    - Ice water with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, sounds weird, but taste like a drink to me, and some people apparently do this to aid digestion

- Also, herbal teas, iced or hot. Tons of flavors. I do herbal to avoid the extra caffeine.

Good luck.

Rattybag is offline Senior Member
    What about drinking Kambucha instead of Dr. Pepper and drink water when your thirsty?
    I'm not a complete idiot! There's parts missing!!

otaku30 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    A bit of citrus (lemon in my case) and a pinch of salt work out great for me.

Even without lemon a bit of salt makes water much more palatable.

I honestly don't really mind plain water any more - after a while you get used to it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast