Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flavored water alternatives page

pussnbootsgal is offline Junior Member

Flavored water alternatives

Shop Now
    I used to be a major Dr Pepper addict. Then switched to diet before finding this site. I am now on water but I add crystal light. I use the one serving packet but add it to a liter of water ( it just seems too strong in a 20oz bottle as suggested ).

I haven't started full on Primal yet. Still reading the books and want to be armed with info before I embark. But I am making changes daily to ease into the transition.

So that being said, does anyone have info /recipes / suggestions to flavor my water? I know Grok just drank plain water but I am still a softy and like my creature comforts.

boxcarguy07 is offline Senior Member
    Charleston, SC
    lol @ saying "on water"... dunno just sounds funny.

squeezing some lemon or lime into water maybe? I dunno, water tastes how it's supposed to taste to me
    I never know what to put in these things. I write songs!

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Now would be a good time to unlearn the conventional wisdom that beverages have to be tasty treats.

If you're thirsty, go drink a glass of water and then carry on with whatever you're doing. It doesn't have to be a flavor event.
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

I don't even want to state how many cokes I was drinking a day before primal. I honestly thought I was thirsty all the time and had to have something to drink. I WAS thirsty from drinking all that crap! I don't miss it one bit, it's just a sugar craving. Now I just have a large glass or 2 of water with my meal and that works for me. Unless I am working out or it's hot, there is no need to have a beverage with me.

I would say lemon or tea, if you need to transition. get off the SUGAR as soon as possible and it will be a lot easier to transition. I used to keep a pitcher of water with 2 green tea bags and a splash of organic, unsweetened cranberry juice (no sweetener added) in the fridge. I eventually just wanted water and I stopped making it.
    Last edited by healthyphysique; 04-14-2012 at 10:48 AM.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I was a gallon of sweet tea per day drinker, before I got "on water" So for about 6 months, nothing but plain water. Just a few days ago, I bought some lemons and slice them thin, and add a couple of slices. I am already tired of it.

What helps me to drink my water, is using a straw. I can walk and drink, I can type at the computer/work at my desk and drink, I can drive and drink and not take my eyes off the road so long as I have a straw.

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Get a soda stream carbonator which adds fizz. A little lime or lemon and you have a fine beverage.

bionicsamm is offline Senior Member
    Lemon, lime, cucumber (actually really good), raspberries...and ICE. Water tastes better cold.

jendoe is offline Senior Member
    I usually drink plain water, but when I want something a little fancy...

- Ice water with a slice of lemon (sqeeze lemon, then also drop it in the water to maximize lemon-y-ness)
    - Ice water with lime
    - Same idea, you could probably sqeeze a slice of orange, though I'd think it would be sweeter
    - Ice water with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, sounds weird, but taste like a drink to me, and some people apparently do this to aid digestion

- Also, herbal teas, iced or hot. Tons of flavors. I do herbal to avoid the extra caffeine.

Good luck.

Rattybag is offline Senior Member
    Norwich UK
    What about drinking Kambucha instead of Dr. Pepper and drink water when your thirsty?
    I'm not a complete idiot! There's parts missing!!

otaku30 is offline Junior Member
    Sandy, UT
    Learn More
    A bit of citrus (lemon in my case) and a pinch of salt work out great for me.

Even without lemon a bit of salt makes water much more palatable.

I honestly don't really mind plain water any more - after a while you get used to it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast