Thread: Blue Bunny Natural Frozen Yogurt. New favorite Carb Up item. page

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member

Blue Bunny Natural Frozen Yogurt. New favorite Carb Up item.

Shop Now
    saw this in the store the other day to pick up for today after my massive squat session.

Naturally Vanilla Bean Frozen Yogurt Pint

for being a prepackaged store-bought product, this stuff is the tits. And it tastes amazing and the ingredients are pretty spot on. Going for the choco/vanilla swirl next time.

ate this over baked sweet potato slathered with cinnamon. SO GOOD.

@lex is offline Senior Member
    I'm a fan of Breyer's all natural for the occasional treat, and it has similar ingredients. Had some of their all natural vanilla on my birthday, and goddamn was it good. Now, all of this is my own opinion of course, but if you like the food and it has minimally processed ingredients then have at it, just keep things in check and don't turn a small bowl into half a gallon.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
    CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

Eric5105 is offline Member
    Looks good. I'm doing deadlifts on Sunday. The weather is supposed to be quite hot, so this would make a nice treat.

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member
    I can atest to the awesomeness of breyers but the fat content of a pint of their natural ice cream makes it unideal for me for a carb up.

this blue bunny fro yo is amazing stuff.

Martha is offline Senior Member
    This stuff contains sugar, nonfat milk and inulin -- hardly primal. If you want a "cheat" dessert, why not just go for some full fat ice cream? I don't see the difference, frankly. Your "carb ups" should not consist of sugar-laden quasi-foods, IMO. This is a dessert masquerading as a healthy food.

How about trying some berries with whipping cream? Or some full fat yogurt with fresh or frozen fruit? Or just putting plain yogurt and cinnamon on that sweet potato?

KellyS is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Martha View Post
    This stuff contains sugar, nonfat milk and inulin -- hardly primal. If you want a "cheat" dessert, why not just go for some full fat ice cream? I don't see the difference, frankly. Your "carb ups" should not consist of sugar-laden quasi-foods, IMO. This is a dessert masquerading as a healthy food.

How about trying some berries with whipping cream? Or some full fat yogurt with fresh or frozen fruit? Or just putting plain yogurt and cinnamon on that sweet potato?
    Sounds like a good treat just not a good pwo choice. I need to find this frozen yogurt for a pwo carb back-load!

saniuska33 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for sharing nice information.I have been looking information on frozen yogurt products like toppings and fresh fruit bowl.This discussion has solve my concern to a great extent.I am very grateful by this useful information.

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    Blue Bunny makes some really good stuff, although I'd probably opt for the fatty ice cream too.
    I wish I liked to eat liver.

jsa23 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Martha View Post

Believe it or not, there are situations when maximizing fat content is NOT nutritionally optimal for certain goals - particularly in a post-workout scenario when eating at a surplus.

And generally speaking, lots of ice creams contain nonfat milk, even many high-fat "premium" varieties(usually contain some cream + nonfat). As far as ice cream/frozen yogurt goes, that product is pretty good - considering that you're getting a ton of sugar regardless of whether you go high or low-fat.