Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Darth Friendly's Friendly Primal Journal of Doom. page 3

DarthFriendly is offline Banned

Shop Now

Curry powder IN eggs. I usually add a dash of this, or that spice to my eggs when they're still wet, and scramble them up with a fork. Today it was a light dash of curry, and it was gooooood.

But that was hours ago, and 6 pots Aged Oolong tea will stimulate your digestion, oh yassss...

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member

<3

"The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

I think I may phase out dairy. Grass fed cheeses or not. This is mostly a cost/convienence thing. My roommate will just eat the cheese when I&#39;m looking forward to having some, so why set myself up for disappointment over something that might not even be that great for me? I didn&#39;t get greek yogurt this week, which I&#39;m going to have to think about. It&#39;s a quick easy source of calories/fats when I can&#39;t be bothered to cook, but meh.

Also- mini-rant- (un)whole(some) foods is a fat free-low fat waste land. I was looking for some full fat cottage cheese, just to try it out on my last trip, and nothin&#39;. and they hid the full fat greek yogurt too. BAH!!!

I took a look at the scales yesterday, and there&#39;s no change. 280lbs. I&#39;m not going to bother with those again for another month. My belt is a better idication of where I want to be going anyway.

so much for random thoughts. I&#39;m not IFing I just haven&#39;t eaten yet...

Kryz is offline Junior Member

I deal with the tasty-foods-but-why-bother-with-roommates thing too. I <3 full-fat greek yogurt but my girlroomie does too and she eats it way more often than I do, so it&#39;s barely worth it.

The Whole Foods here in Boston stocks plenty of full-fat dairy. Clearly another example of our superiority over NY.

avocado is offline Senior Member

I long ago made my roommates afraid to eat my food - calorie counting will make you very protective of your food :-) The unintended consequence is that now we have stupid things like two jars of oregano!

Bah-ston? seriously? I&#39;ve never been, don&#39;t expect to go either unless there&#39;s a super complelling reason. I&#39;m kinda bored with american cities, I suppose I&#39;ll have to visit Portland one day, and I&#39;ll have bidniss in LA again sooner or later. (If I didn&#39;t know some seriously awesome people in LA I&#39;d never ever ever ever even think about that place, I hate california.)

New York is the only place I&#39;ve ever returned to, I&#39;m originally from the urban midwest, which I can take or leave.

I&#39;m only considering canadia because of my dual citizenship, but I think I could get along quite well in Toronto, I liked Montreal, not sure how long it&#39;d hold my interest though.

Nah, I think when I&#39;m done with NYC I&#39;ll have to go somewhere like Shanghai, or Ho Chi Mihn City.

... as for the roommates, I shop for the house, taking requests, and such so the cheese is not exclusively mine I guess, but I do like to imagine that there&#39;ll be some left when I get off of work. They&#39;re afraid of my Ribeye, and Chili though... ooooh Red Meat, booogah, booogah!

Oh man, I just lamb ribs with garlic. They were so fatty the grease was dripping down my wrists. too tasty.

I did have my first premeditated cheat today. I had four falafel balls drowned in garlic tahini dressing. I&#39;ll just keep that in my 20%, not something I plan on repeating soon, but it was tasty. Moshie&#39;s falafel cart does a good falafel.

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member

I don&#39;t like lamb.

But I have pork ribs. What&#39;s your recipe?

"The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

NoSal- Yup, it was lamby. I wouldn&#39;t get it again anytime soon, but it was good for this evening.

I cheated my recipie is to go to Virgil&#39;s BBQ on 44th st. Their Pork Ribs are dynomite as well.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Well, Wah Fung No.1 Fast Food was closed until the 12th. My roast pig fix looked like a wash, so I went to my favorite Vietnamese place and asked for soup with no rice noodles. Eye of round beef, and Stewed Tendon. They looked at me like I was nuts but brought it out. Amazing beef broth, swimming with tendon, and lean sliced nearly raw beef. I loaded it up with sliced onions, and bean sprouts, and fresh basil leaves, squeezed some lemon juice into it, and started adding sriracha sauce to the eye of round slices like it was ketchup... heavan.

I thought about taking a walk to where I could find some roasted pork, but thought better of it, that would take time away from hanging out in the tea house. As I walked back to the train I saw another place that had roast pig hanging in the window. They also had like a pound of chicken wings for $2, but ZI got the roast pig instead this time. Even on the cheap I&#39;ve been way over spending on eating out. The pig was alright, not quite as fatty/tasty as Wah Fung No.1, but I&#39;ll be fine.

There&#39;s a new stall at the Thursday farmer&#39;s market, and amish dairy/eggs/bacon/pickles stand. I&#39;m out of eggs, but since I was headed to chinatown $4 a dozen for eggs didn&#39;t seem quite the thing, when I could get them for $1.75 down there. (and then I didn&#39;t.)

I think after those Lamb Ribs, I could have IFed for the rest of the day. We&#39;ll see come dinner time after work.

Right now I&#39;m drinking an Iced Dong Ding Mountain Iced Tea at the tea house.

I&#39;ve been walking freakin&#39; everywhere now that the weather&#39;s changed for the warmer. Well, the weather, and the fact that my subway card ran out. I seriously need to get my spending under control though. Farmer&#39;s markets, and rib joints ain&#39;t necessarily the cheapest way to live, and here I am broke again the day after pay day. (Paid off some debts, so it wasn&#39;t all fast living. Still a boy has to have tea money.)

Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast