Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The DIRTY KNEES are finally GONE!!!!

The DIRTY KNEES are finally GONE!!!!

Shop Now
    I have had dirty-looking knees for what seems like years. (I forget the scientific name- but it's abbreviated AN)

Dermatologists have Rx'd creams, I checked into lasers, I've scrubbed, applied lemon juice, what have you...they never went away. ugly. ugly. ugly.

I've been gluten-free and dairy-free for the better part of a year. Recently on my way primal (obviously) and !lo and behold! the other day I noticed that they were GONE! I have lily-white, shiney knees for the first time in I dont know when. Thank you new way of eating.

That's great! It's likely due to lower levels of insulin:

Acanthosis Nigricans

This is such great news! My son and I both have "dirty elbows" and we've tried all the things you mentioned...even resorted to bleach, I'm sad to say. We just got off gluten, but this is a great benefit to look forward to down the line!
    5'10" HW 264 (9/15/2011) PSW 238 (4/9/2012) CW 231 GW 165

Quote Originally Posted by Hezzielee View Post
    I have had dirty-looking knees for what seems like years. (I forget the scientific name- but it's abbreviated AN)

Dermatologists have Rx'd creams, I checked into lasers, I've scrubbed, applied lemon juice, what have you...they never went away. ugly. ugly. ugly.

I've been gluten-free and dairy-free for the better part of a year. Recently on my way primal (obviously) and !lo and behold! the other day I noticed that they were GONE! I have lily-white, shiney knees for the first time in I dont know when. Thank you new way of eating.
    Such good news! I'm glad to hear of another person with a skin condition that is clearing up by eating Primal! I have a skin issue on my arms called Keratosis pilaris (aka chicken skin). I have hundreds of tiny red bumps on both of my upper arms. It started about 7 years ago. It often look like I have a sunburn on my upper arms and it can be rough and bumpy to the touch. After 2-1/2 weeks of going primal, the redness is fading and my rough arms are turning smooth! Disease and healing all happen in the gut! I am so excited about this!

Also try rubbing into your skin some extra virgin coconut oil. It's very healing for skin conditions.

Are you tan and have a darker knees and elbows? I think i have the same situation and i desperately want to get rid of it! I've tried various lotions & even lemon. How long did it take for you to remove it?

Quote Originally Posted by trtennis17 View Post
    Are you tan and have a darker knees and elbows? I think i have the same situation and i desperately want to get rid of it! I've tried various lotions & even lemon. How long did it take for you to remove it?
    Unfortunately, I'm the whitest shade of pale! I have a picture of when it was bad around here somewhere. I'll try to post it.

I have had a similar improvement with the skin on my elbows and neck. The bumps on my arms also disappeared. My skin just looks and feels better in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Hezzielee View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm the whitest shade of pale! I have a picture of when it was bad around here somewhere. I'll try to post it.
    Found it!DVC00060.jpg

Shop Now
    You wouldn't have believed all the jokes made about those dirty knees....