Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: The DIRTY KNEES are finally GONE!!!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19

    The DIRTY KNEES are finally GONE!!!!

    Shop Now
    I have had dirty-looking knees for what seems like years. (I forget the scientific name- but it's abbreviated AN)

    Dermatologists have Rx'd creams, I checked into lasers, I've scrubbed, applied lemon juice, what have you...they never went away. ugly. ugly. ugly.

    I've been gluten-free and dairy-free for the better part of a year. Recently on my way primal (obviously) and !lo and behold! the other day I noticed that they were GONE! I have lily-white, shiney knees for the first time in I dont know when. Thank you new way of eating.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,758
    That's great! It's likely due to lower levels of insulin:

    Acanthosis Nigricans

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    114
    This is such great news! My son and I both have "dirty elbows" and we've tried all the things you mentioned...even resorted to bleach, I'm sad to say. We just got off gluten, but this is a great benefit to look forward to down the line!
    5'10" HW 264 (9/15/2011) PSW 238 (4/9/2012) CW 231 GW 165

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by Hezzielee View Post
    I have had dirty-looking knees for what seems like years. (I forget the scientific name- but it's abbreviated AN)

    Dermatologists have Rx'd creams, I checked into lasers, I've scrubbed, applied lemon juice, what have you...they never went away. ugly. ugly. ugly.

    I've been gluten-free and dairy-free for the better part of a year. Recently on my way primal (obviously) and !lo and behold! the other day I noticed that they were GONE! I have lily-white, shiney knees for the first time in I dont know when. Thank you new way of eating.
    Such good news! I'm glad to hear of another person with a skin condition that is clearing up by eating Primal! I have a skin issue on my arms called Keratosis pilaris (aka chicken skin). I have hundreds of tiny red bumps on both of my upper arms. It started about 7 years ago. It often look like I have a sunburn on my upper arms and it can be rough and bumpy to the touch. After 2-1/2 weeks of going primal, the redness is fading and my rough arms are turning smooth! Disease and healing all happen in the gut! I am so excited about this!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    179
    Also try rubbing into your skin some extra virgin coconut oil. It's very healing for skin conditions.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7
    Are you tan and have a darker knees and elbows? I think i have the same situation and i desperately want to get rid of it! I've tried various lotions & even lemon. How long did it take for you to remove it?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by trtennis17 View Post
    Are you tan and have a darker knees and elbows? I think i have the same situation and i desperately want to get rid of it! I've tried various lotions & even lemon. How long did it take for you to remove it?
    Unfortunately, I'm the whitest shade of pale! I have a picture of when it was bad around here somewhere. I'll try to post it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12
    I have had a similar improvement with the skin on my elbows and neck. The bumps on my arms also disappeared. My skin just looks and feels better in general.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Hezzielee View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm the whitest shade of pale! I have a picture of when it was bad around here somewhere. I'll try to post it.
    Found it!DVC00060.jpg

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19
    Shop Now
    You wouldn't have believed all the jokes made about those dirty knees....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •