Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The DIRTY KNEES are finally GONE!!!! page 2

trtennis17 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Hezzielee View Post
    i cannot see it maybe you should try posting it again! i desperately want to get rid of my dark knees...

Photo on 4-21-12 at 5.03 PM #3.jpg

here is a picture of what they look like and they are like that on my elbows too. also i hope my acne will clear up as well

croll is offline Junior Member
    Oh wow! I am super, super pale too with "dirty knees" and I am so excited about the possibility of them going away! Yet one more reason to keep primal!

Brandy72 is offline Junior Member
    Hooray for you! I used to have the same thing, I go to extremes and shave them away roughly in the shower. I always figured it was from being half Asian.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hezzielee View Post
    I have had dirty-looking knees for what seems like years. (I forget the scientific name- but it's abbreviated AN)

Dermatologists have Rx'd creams, I checked into lasers, I've scrubbed, applied lemon juice, what have you...they never went away. ugly. ugly. ugly.

I've been gluten-free and dairy-free for the better part of a year. Recently on my way primal (obviously) and !lo and behold! the other day I noticed that they were GONE! I have lily-white, shiney knees for the first time in I dont know when. Thank you new way of eating.
    I wonder if this is the case with my son. His knees always seem to be darker than the rest of his body... but then again, he's 5 and does a lot of playing in the dirt and tans extremely well. From my own tanning experiences, my knees and belly always tanned more easily and got darker than the rest of me. My son's not obese, but is a bit 'soft' in places. I wonder if this is a skin condition he's got caused by gluten. We don't eat gluten at home (except when we get pizza, which is rare), but they do at school. I should try an experiment with him...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by trtennis17 View Post
    i cannot see it maybe you should try posting it again! i desperately want to get rid of my dark knees...

Photo on 4-21-12 at 5.03 PM #3.jpg

here is a picture of what they look like and they are like that on my elbows too. also i hope my acne will clear up as well
    Everyone I have ever seen who tans has this same darkness on the knees. Maybe it's because the skin tans better there. What are they like when you aren't tanned? what happens if you put sunscreen on them to keep them from getting more sun?

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Keratosis pilaris - so that's what those little bumps are called. Hopefully mine will disappear

Also, I have more of an olive complexion and my knees are definitely darker than the rest of my legs (especially in the summer when I have a tan).
    Last edited by Metric; 05-10-2012 at 01:07 PM.

I think I have keratosis pilaris, but I've been primal for 65 days and have just noticed it on my forearms recently. It's been on my upper arms for a LOOONG time, but only recently on the forearms. So, it's obviously not caused (for me anyway) by gluten or other grains. I take 3 cod liver capsules every day, so cod liver isn't taking care of it... Something I read says we only need to moisturize our skin and it'll go away as long as we always moisturize. Hmmm... coconut oil in the room, anyone?

The only other typical culprit I can think of is dairy...

Mamakin is offline Junior Member
    My gRandmother used to check our elbows and knees for darkness, she said it was caused by hypo-thyroid. Mine were always normal though a couple of my cousins have dark ones, and overweight.

Koreansoul is offline Junior Member
    I have this too. I use a cream I got from the dermo. It's a problem with the dead skin sloughing away. If you looked at the red bumps under a microscope you'd see that their all little ingrown hairs. The skin isn't coming off so the hairs can't come out and your follicles get irritated. I use a cream which is lactic acid and my arms are and legs are fine. You do also have to moisturize but you need to get the skin to come off too.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I think I have keratosis pilaris, but I've been primal for 65 days and have just noticed it on my forearms recently. It's been on my upper arms for a LOOONG time, but only recently on the forearms. So, it's obviously not caused (for me anyway) by gluten or other grains. I take 3 cod liver capsules every day, so cod liver isn't taking care of it... Something I read says we only need to moisturize our skin and it'll go away as long as we always moisturize. Hmmm... coconut oil in the room, anyone?

The only other typical culprit I can think of is dairy...

Koreansoul is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamakin View Post
    My gRandmother used to check our elbows and knees for darkness, she said it was caused by hypo-thyroid. Mine were always normal though a couple of my cousins have dark ones, and overweight.
    It's also a sign of Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome/Disease (people cal lit different things). It's a hormone/insulin/metabolic syndrom thing. Yay!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast