Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting ready to order some books, can you advice? page

gopintos is offline Senior Member

Getting ready to order some books, can you advice?

Primal Fuel
    I have been working on this for months now. Having success. I am just still confused about so many things, and when I come here to search, many answers to other posters are "read the book!" haha

Okay so, I have these loaded in my Cart. Would you get them all or where would you start, what order to read them?

PB
    PB 21-day transformation
    Why we get fat
    Good calories/Bad calories
    Wheat Belly

TIA!

activia is offline Senior Member
    PB/Wheat Belly/Paleo Diet/ 21 day (if you need help getting kick started... PB has a lot more reason why, and 21 is more how)
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

rccrsphil is offline Senior Member
    I prefer the PB book over the 21-day transformation bust just because I like to read a topic in it's "full" form. Granted, if you are looking to "jump start" your journey and looking for concentrated info, by all means read and follow the 21-day transformation. You can't go wrong starting with either. Once you get into the groove then start checking out the other books.
    Primal Journal of a Filipino Cherokee Grok
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53103.html

SAD weight: 250
    Current Primal weight: 183.2

@lex is offline Senior Member
    PB
    The Great Cholesterol Con
    The Fat loss Bible
    Nutrition and Physical Degeneration
    Wheat Belly

Those 5 will give you pretty much everything you need. NaPD is especially interesting in my opinion.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
    CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

OH thanks y'all!! That helps the shopping cart look better, but also I don't feel so overwhelmed with all these to read

Okay, that means I am .35 cents short for free shipping, so I guess I need to order 3 of them Maybe the Why we Get Fat?

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Just pick one fro "why we get fat" and "GCBC". GCBC is more background science and why we get fat is a quick easy read.

The Great Cholesterol Con - oh geesh, need that too. Having a hard time convincing DH to give up morning oatmeal and have eggs instead.

The Fat Loss Bible - looks great also!

Nutrition and Physical Degeneration - looks good as well

@lex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    The Great Cholesterol Con - oh geesh, need that too. Having a hard time convincing DH to give up morning oatmeal and have eggs instead.

The Fat Loss Bible - looks great also!

Nutrition and Physical Degeneration - looks good as well
    I think TGCC and TFLB are available as e-books, so they can be had for cheap at a later date if money is tight.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
    CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

Thank you for all the info.

I had not heard of these other books. I have saved them for later. Not so much a money issue as time issue. I hate to read as a rule (things like novels) so I dont read books just for the enjoyment of reading (I just dont enjoy it) but I love to read articles or magazines - or the internet - where I can learn new things, so I am certain I will dig into these since they are filled with information and knowledge, but I don't want to overload myself.

I am thinking PB, PB21, and Why we Get fat

Thanks for all your guidance

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    The omnivores dilemma
    The perfect health diet
    The diet Cure
    The fat loss bible

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast