Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are your STAPLE meals? page

misterbulgarin is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

Well the MEATZA has been initiated into my Ketogenic Hall of Fame, along with Bacon & Eggs for breakfast. I made the 2nd meatza of the week this week and its safe to say that it's going to be a meal Ill keep on make because its so damn easy to make, and tastes great, and satiates so WELL.

I want more meals like this. I dont mind a bit of prep, be it choppin veggies or mixing spices/herbs.I want more bonafied meals.

Other than stir frying and big ass salads, I dont have any other simpLISH meals like the meatza, which are so GOOOOD.

Im lookin to add more good meals to the Ketogenic hall of fame. What are some of your faves? (Dinner)

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

is a meatza a... meat... pizza? say yes then tell me how.

I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned

Eggs with herbs (oregano, basil, mrs.dash) just about anytime of day or night. I fry 'em up in coco oil, butter, duck fat, chicken fat. Chop up some veggies, and toss 'em in, or a few thin slices of grass fed cheese, or full fat greek yougurt (in lieu of goat cheese) for a cheese omlette, diced meats of course... Chicken breast omlette friend in chicken fat has to be against the dietary laws of like 5 religions or so...

I've made chicken wings every week I've been primal so far (okay that's like 2 weeks, still I'm doing it again next week.)

I haven't had a chance to make Chili yet, but I will very soon. That was a staple of my Lower carb days, with beans, but I'll make my first batch of primal chili soon, sans beans... (But I'm keeping the cocoa powder.)

Soup's another one. I save bones obsessively now, I've still got a carton or two of beef/turkey broth in the fridge but when that runs out it's chicken, duck, beef broth to be made

Damn, now I'm getting hungry!

misterbulgarin is offline Junior Member

Hell yea buddy. instead of crust, the base is ground beef! It's awesome.

http://www.justinowings.com/b/index.php/me/meatza-meatza

One of my fave things to make

kennelmom is offline Senior Member

meatza is going on the "to make" list. Can't wait!!!

Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

hahah that's awesome but I think it's funny because it looks like something you would find on www.thisiswhyyourefat.com

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

Meat, veggies and spices in the crock pot... do it 2x a week and have tons of leftovers.

Athena is offline Senior Member

Ground beef with onions, mushrooms and broccoli slaw and sautee, maybe throw in some sliced jalapeno, or green chiles! top with homemade salsa!

I need to make some Pico de Gallo to throw on top of my meat confections soon. I've been lazy but also been working a lot so maybe I've been the opposite.

femininefigure is offline Junior Member

I make "Primal Hamburger Helper". No noodles here.

Just a staple of Hamburger mixed with whatever and eaten out of a bowl.

1. Fry up some onions/garlic/pepper or whatever you have on hand. Add other veggies that you want to use: I've added broccoli, cauliflour, spinach, different kinds of mushrooms, etc. It can be as elaborate or as simple as you want. The other night I used portabella mushrooms, garlic and onion.

2. Add the ground beef and brown.

3. If you want, add some tomato paste. And whatever spices you want. Add herbs at the end. I sometimes put in tobasco, chili powder, maybe a touch of soy sauce. Lots of things work!

Voila! An easy and cheap meal that is ready in about 15 minutes. And it is great lefover!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast