Thread: HELP! Can Trigeminal Neuralgia be treated naturally and with food? page

dabello1125 is offline Junior Member

HELP! Can Trigeminal Neuralgia be treated naturally and with food?

My Aunt was recently diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia. It came on very suddenly. I have tried doing some of my own research to understand this disorder better but there really is a lot out there, it's confusing to me, and I would like to hear what others know about the disorder and treatments.

First, can it be alleviated, treated or outright cured naturally?

What types of foods could possibly cause it to flare up now and in the future?

My aunt Adrienne is a regular runner, has been very fit and active for as long as I can remember, but not a very good cook. Now, at 53, this is the first real health issue she has ever faced. I am worried because her doctor has already started pushing meds and possibly surgery on her and she's getting overwhelmed, obviously. I want to be able to help by providing a viable alternative to the chemicals and the scalpel.

Any information or good peer reviewed links for information are greatly appreciated!

David Bello

Kelly NH is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by dabello1125 View Post
    My Aunt was recently diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia. It came on very suddenly. I have tried doing some of my own research to understand this disorder better but there really is a lot out there, it's confusing to me, and I would like to hear what others know about the disorder and treatments.

First, can it be alleviated, treated or outright cured naturally?

What types of foods could possibly cause it to flare up now and in the future?

My aunt Adrienne is a regular runner, has been very fit and active for as long as I can remember, but not a very good cook. Now, at 53, this is the first real health issue she has ever faced. I am worried because her doctor has already started pushing meds and possibly surgery on her and she's getting overwhelmed, obviously. I want to be able to help by providing a viable alternative to the chemicals and the scalpel.

Any information or good peer reviewed links for information are greatly appreciated!

David Bello
    Oh my gosh! I see this post is a little old, but I just had to reply!
    Im 36 and was diagnosed with TN (Atypical, and now both sides) last year, I went on to have the MVD surgery, but still have pain in cold weather, or windy days.
    I dont really have any advice to offer, but I hapened to stumble across your post when I was wondering if this lifestyle could help me!
    My neurosurgeon thinks my TN may be the first symptom of MS, and I was hoping to find the optimal nutritional plan to put myself in the best stead to deal with that should it (touch wood) arise in the future. Everything I research keeps pointing back to the primal lifestyle.
    I hate the medication required with a passion, I feel 100% nauseous when I use it, and absolutely exhausted. It comes down to whether you want to live with constant fatigue and motion sickness, or constant 10 minute long electrical shocks to the face!
    So Im sorry I really have nothing to help, but know that im here trying it out - and dont worry I will be shouting it from the rooftops if it works for me!!
    Thanks Kelly