Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A newbie question about skipping meals. page

Warmbear is offline Senior Member

A newbie question about skipping meals.

Primal Fuel
    Greetings

I am a little over 1 week in and as of yesterday and am down from 156 to 147 Kg. What I have found is that after a day or two of no grains etc, I stopped feeling hungry all the time. I in fact stopped feeling hungry a lot of the time. I am waiting to feel hungry before eating. I keep an apple and some almonds with me but I dont eat till I am hungry.

I skip breakfast, sometimes lunch as well and eat around 6 pm. Not everyday of course but often. I just dont feel hungry so why eat? Yesterday I did not eat till 6 pm. I was suddenly ravenous but not sick feeling like the old days, just a noisy tummy. I then ate a big salad and BBQ'd blade roast with almond butter and cheddar on apple chunks as dessert.

Is skipping meals and not feeling hungry, never mind not feeling hungry all the time, normal? am I doing something wrong not making a more balanced effort at eating?

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    First off, congrats on the weight loss Aweomeness.

And yes, you're perfectly normal. I think a lot of people here have found their appetite decreases quickly when they first start primal. You should eat WHEN (when hungry ensues naturally).

It takes a while to ignore the CW voice in your head that tells you if you don't eat every 2 hours your metabolism will shut down and you'll end up in a withered heap on the floor.

Yeah Congratulations. My wife doesn't understand that I FORGOT to eat because it's not an issue. I forget more on the weekends when I'm not sitting at a computer all day. Keep it up, your as normal as the rest of us...hmm....

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Ohh today was tough, it was YOU HAVE TO EAT EVERY FREAKING THING IN THE HOUSE!!!!!!!! I did not but damn. I think tomorrow I am gonna have a big breakfast, hungry or no.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    There's nothing wrong with skipping meals and eating only when you're hungry. All that 6 meals a day CW stuff that's been pushed on us is stupid and stressful, I'd rather sit down for a long, leisurely meal at the end of the day when I'm relaxed than try to cram stuff down my throat when I'm not hungry just for the sake of eating. You're doing great; keep it up.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

ASmallOne is offline Senior Member
    skipping meals is perfectly fine. about the only time i eat when i'm "not hungry" is if i know i'm going to be somewhere later where access to healthy stuff is limited or where if i get hungry i could end up being tempted to eat something that would make me fee sick. in fact, usually in that case i just pack a good snack, which i'll end up eating. but don't feel weird about skipping meals-- good work!
    Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
    Friend me on "The Facebook"
    Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    This is normal. It's sad when it wears off.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

ToldUzo is offline Senior Member
    Check out Intermittent fasting (IF). It can be very healthy for the digestive system not to munch on food all day long
    What on earth?! Take a walk on the wild side.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    totally normal.

since going primal, i tend to eat two meals a day, sometimes two and a "snack" (fruit/nuts).

some people just drop to one meal a day - as per their own needs. totally up to you. follow your feelings on this.

dbalch is offline Senior Member
    What you are doing is exactly right. Keep it up. Try working out while you are hungry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast