Thread: Stool trouble. page

hoobie2000 is offline Junior Member

Stool trouble.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey primal peoples,

Ever since I have gone primal my stools are very dark and very very soft. And well... for a little guy like me there's also quite big piles of it.

I eat a lot of greens and a normal amount of meat.

My question is, what could I munch on to make my stools a little more solid and is the super dark color an issue?

Thanks.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Try cutting back on your greens and see what happens.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I agree with going back on greens, potentially. How much is a "normal" amount of meat?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    I'd say dark chocolate has something to do with the dark color of your stools.
    Lots of fibers can induce diarrhea (intestinal obstruction with water running by) or constipation (complete obstruction), so if your stools are any of that try cutting back on fibrous vegetables that damage intestinal walls.
    Once you drink raw milk or a lot of bone broth you'll notice your stools becoming more light brown. Protein coming from animals also make stools light brown, they'll look like Elk droppings, but very soft and come out without any effort at all. Often times you will have to double check the toilet bowl to see if you really went .

If you have a ton of healing to do buy some probiotics to restore normal flora.

hoobie2000 is offline Junior Member
    150-200 grams of meat per day on avarage, I'd say. I do have a fasting day once in a while and also a day without meat once in a while. That's not a while lot I think

I eat a big salad during lunch with lots of greens and eggs for breakfast mostly.

No milk, no cheese. Some nuts. I drink teas, water and coconut juice.

I eat very little chocolate Issabeau. Yoghurt blows my belly up like a balloon so not sure adding that back into my diet would be a good thing.

The

primalswan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hoobie2000 View Post
    150-200 grams of meat per day on avarage, I'd say. I do have a fasting day once in a while and also a day without meat once in a while. That's not a while lot I think

I eat a big salad during lunch with lots of greens and eggs for breakfast mostly.

No milk, no cheese. Some nuts. I drink teas, water and coconut juice.

I eat very little chocolate Issabeau. Yoghurt blows my belly up like a balloon so not sure adding that back into my diet would be a good thing.

The
    You can take probiotics in caplet form as well. I recently started eating kimchi with my breakfast and it has done wonders for me.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Nothing wrong with softer stools. What type we talking here? Give us a number.

Bristol Stool Scale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

zizou is offline Senior Member
    I'm gettin 3's at the moment. Not happy, not sure what i'm doing wrong either. Might have to keep my fat intake a bit more regular. Don't think i've every had 5's they look weird. 4 is perfect for me.