Thread: Low carb Kefir! page

Rattybag is offline Senior Member

Low carb Kefir!

Primal Fuel
    I found online that to reduce the carbs in milk is to mix thick cream and water together. Tastes the same apparently and reduces carbs considerably.
    What Im wondering, would that still make a good kefir?
    I'm not a complete idiot! There's parts missing!!

Wouldn't that just increase the calories and make it taste kinda funny?
    Kefir is low in carbs anyway. And I'm pretty sure the fermentation process breaks down the sugars even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    Wouldn't that just increase the calories and make it taste kinda funny?
    Kefir is low in carbs anyway. And I'm pretty sure the fermentation process breaks down the sugars even more.
    Apparently it is 14g per half pint. Quite high when trying to follow a keto diet.

kefircompany is offline Junior Member
    Please check our website, The Kefir Company. The Kefir Company is a company that specializes in selling Kefir products online, which are for personal use. With our high quality Starter Cultures you can make up to 100 liters of Kefir.

You can use the following coupon code, which gives you a 15% discount on your order.

Coupon code: kefircompany4668

Simply enter the code during the checkout process. This code is valid until the 9th of June 2012.
    If you have any questions, please contact us at info@buy-kefir.co.uk.
    The Kefir Company

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattybag View Post
    Apparently it is 14g per half pint. Quite high when trying to follow a keto diet.
    Sounds good to me....You can ferment cream with just a splash of milk to give the bacteria a bit more to feed on. Think I read that here Hyperlipid: What do I eat? (1)

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattybag View Post
    Why are you trying to follow a ketogenic diet? Do you have a specific disorder where it's necessary and beneficial? Weight loss is a product of an energy deficit. If you're just trying to lose weight, there's no reason to adopt a ketogenic diet. Kefir has around ~120 calories per glass. If you're going to start drinking heavy cream, it'll probably slow your weight loss considerably unless you REALLY water it down...and then it would be gross at best.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Why are you trying to follow a ketogenic diet? Do you have a specific disorder where it's necessary and beneficial? Weight loss is a product of an energy deficit. If you're just trying to lose weight, there's no reason to adopt a ketogenic diet. Kefir has around ~120 calories per glass. If you're going to start drinking heavy cream, it'll probably slow your weight loss considerably unless you REALLY water it down...and then it would be gross at best.
    Im trying to control epileptic seizures as well as go primal. A Ketogenic diet has been proven to be helpful in seizure control for some people, so wanted to try it.