Thread: Crockpot Recipes? page

Zee_Gee is offline Junior Member

Crockpot Recipes?

I searched through the forum to see if anything threads had been created for recipes using a crockpot, and unless I'm searching through the wrong area I was unable to find any. I love using the crockpot to mass produce meals and store them in the fridge/freezer for later use. Does anyone have any recipes that use a crockpot?

Mike in Virginia is online now Senior Member
    I don't have any crockpot recipes that are specifically primal. I do use the crockpot a lot, but I just tweak recipes from other sources so that they will fit within the primal way of eating. Substitute parsnips for potatoes, leave out the flour, etc.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Chicken and tomato soup?

8 chicken thighs
    Can coconut milk
    Cup of stock (though not really needed)
    2 cans tomatoes
    Some herbs
    Whatever veg you like
    8 hours on low

Lovely.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Athanasey is offline Senior Member
    If you do a search under "slow cooker" you'll probably have a lot more luck
    Became Primal August 2011

SW - 84kg / 185lb
    CW - 60kg / 132lb
    GW - 60kg / 132lb

hdcantu is offline Junior Member
    check paleOMG and Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations. Both have several crockpot recipes on their website. I work full time and my husband and I just took over the Youth Groups at our church so 2 days we week I don't have time to cook. I use my crockpot atleast 2Xs a week and these 2 sites are my go-to sites for recipes. I also modify other recipes to fit my PB lifestyle!

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    We cook all kinds of cuts of beef and pork(roasts, ribs, shank bits, etc...) in a liquid concoction we devised to satisfy our barbecue sauce craving:

A bunch of V-8 (main liquid content)
    A little Apple Cider Vinegar (couple oz. to help break down the tough cuts of meat)
    Red wine - optional. we keep the bottles the girlfriend rejects as unfit for drinki
    Red pepper flakes
    Salt
    Pepper
    Cinnamon
    Turmeric
    Cayenne
    Garlic powder
    Onion powder

Fill the liquid to/near the top of the meat. Crock pot/slow cooker goes on low. 7-12 hours depending on your plans for the day.

Zee_Gee is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    A little slow to get back to you all, but thank you for the links and suggestions! I'm just finishing Day 5 and I really dig this lifestyle. More recipes from the crockpot will make this a hell of a lot easier, too. Thank you so much!