Thread: How will a "cheat" day affect fat burning? page

KungFuDaryl is offline Junior Member

How will a "cheat" day affect fat burning?

Primal Fuel
    I've been eating primally for almost 4 weeks and other than having a little acidic issue it's been great! I know the idea is to change my system over to burning fat............ If I understand correctly, eating to many carbs will switch you back to a sugar burner. My question is how much is to much? I guess my REAL question is will a weekly beer (or wine) and pizza night leave my body confused and [playing catch up the rest of the week?

jakey is offline Senior Member
    first off, don't have a weekly pizza night.

okay, with that out of the way, let's get down to reality. reality is that this sugar burning vs. fat burning thing is complete bullshit. if you're alive and breathing right now, your body has the ability to burn both sugar and fat, and does so each and every day and night. yup.

if you want your body to burn primarily fat, fuel it with mostly fat calories. if you want it to burn sugar, fuel it with mostly carb calories. that's it! the rest is FUCKING HYPE.

welcome to this lifestyle, you will do great, but you will also have to wade through the bullshit.

Dailytribal is offline Senior Member
    well I thought that the body always needs fat and it's better to use that as fuel if not exercising. Just from what I've read.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    It's not really the fat-burning that your body will lag in the week following - it'll be the toxin buildup that it has to now clean out of your body.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    It's not really the fat-burning that your body will lag in the week following - it'll be the toxin buildup that it has to now clean out of your body.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member

badbunny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I say you have to find out what works for you. Marks book isn't a fit all, it's a guide and is mostly beneficial to those dreadfully overweight people who have developed a bad relationship with food.

Food is not the enemy.

I have the odd cheat day, and I know a lot of others who do, it's sad to see people paralysed by a purist attitude who daren't eat anything off menu and then obsess constantly about food, how is that healthy?

I would suggest try it, you may find like many people do that your body revolts and you feel like crap afterwards and it was no where near as fun as you thought. You may find that as part of your programme it keeps you psychologically happier, do what works for you.
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
    Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein