Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would be too much dairy? page

Whatyoudoing is offline Member

What would be too much dairy?

Shop Now
    I'm talking about greek yogurt and raw milk cheese. I tolerate it perfectly and I stay within my caloric needs. Would 340g greek yogurt and 50g cheese be too much on a day? I just love it so much

jakey is offline Senior Member
    if you're healthy and nourished, there's no specific limit. toxicity doesn't begin at some set point.

StackingPlates is offline Senior Member
    I doubt you will be able to ingest "too much". Technically, "too much" would be the exact amount that causes you to exceed your BMR.

In fact, why do you think dairy is bad? What if I told you it actually contributes to a better overall body composition?

ScienceDirect.com - Nutrition, Metabolism and Cardiovascular Diseases - Comparison of the effects of cows' milk, fortified soy milk, and calcium supplement on weight and fat loss in premenopausal overweight and obese women
    Increased Consumption of Dairy Foods and Protein during Diet- and Exercise-Induced Weight Loss Promotes Fat Mass Loss and Lean Mass Gain in Overweight and Obese Premenopausal Women

Just a sampling of the many studies showing that dairy is quite possibly a major benefit, not a detriment.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Just a sampling of the many studies showing that dairy is quite possibly a major benefit, not a detriment.
    I'll tell you what. I'll drink dairy for a week if YOU pay the surgery bill when they remove the concrete from my colon. Speak for yourself.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    I don't think it's a problem if you can get extremely high quality stuff. I wouldn't eat commercially made greek yogurt, but would go for the cheese if it's from sheep, goat, or grass-fed cow milk.

Dailytribal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I'll tell you what. I'll drink dairy for a week if YOU pay the surgery bill when they remove the concrete from my colon. Speak for yourself.
    So you have an issue with dairy, other people don't, so it's not bad for them.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    For me, too much is any. But for others it might be OK.

StackingPlates is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    At least you aren't overly dramatic or anything...

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Speaking for myself I thrive on dairy (goat's and sheep's), probably because I'm mostly of celtic stock. The ideal for me is ~25% of my calories from dairy.

I can't tolerate gluten grains though, again due to my genes. I can't even tolerate buckwheat which is a shame because it's very nutritious. It seems that it's tolerated well by the majority of people.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    Speaking for myself I thrive on dairy (goat's and sheep's), probably because I'm mostly of celtic stock. The ideal for me is ~25% of my calories from dairy.
    I was so looking forward to eating lots of raw milk cheese when you told me you eat so much dairy. I guess because I"m Asian it doesn't work out as nicely, and my eating habits and cravings go to shit. Oh well, bulk time indulgence xD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast