Thread: Alkaline Water page

CaveMama is offline Member

Alkaline Water

Primal Fuel
    I know this has been discussed here before and that it is generally thought to be snake oil rather than a wonderful cure-all. My understanding has always been that stomach acid is so high that once that water hits your stomach, it's all the same thing anyway.

I'm asking because my in-laws are suddenly REALLY into this whole alkaline/acid thing and have given us 14 gallons of the alkaline water to drink. They even bought an ionizer (Lord knows how much they paid). I have been drinking it (figure it can't hurt) but I'm just curious if there's any good info out there or any personal experiences anyone has to share with this concept. I can mostly just find companies selling ionizers when I try to do a search. Thanks.

choppedliver is offline Senior Member
    If you're a gout sufferer, it's great. I drink a 1/2 tbsp of baking soda morning and niight to alkalinize myself. I'm usually at 5.5-5.75, if I don't drink baking soda dissolved in water. Alkaline water is even better: you get even higher pH. So it does work great for someone with a chronic acid-base imbalance, i.e., many gout sufferers. Most are unaware of this, so they suffer from gout needlessly.

I also believe that the imbalance is important for those on a heavy acid diet, like zero carbers and carnivore dieters who eat meat, bone broth, and very little fruits and vegetables.
    Last edited by choppedliver; 04-12-2012 at 05:42 PM.

amanda87 is offline Junior Member
    alkaline water is nothing but a normal water with increased pH level.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You can't make water more alkaline or more acid unless you add an alkali or an acid to it. So what is this alkaline water?