Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My 2-1/2 year old has gained a over a lb. in 2-1/2 weeks! page

PrimalJes is offline Senior Member

My 2-1/2 year old has gained a over a lb. in 2-1/2 weeks!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Me (30), my husband (31), and my son (2-1/2) started our primal journey on 3/26/12 (2-1/2 weeks ago). I have lost 6 lbs., my husband has lost 9 lbs., and my son has gained 1.2 lbs.! My husband is 6' tall and 152 lbs. He is working on putting on some muscle now. I'm 5'-6" and 164 lbs., currently. Looking to drop a few sizes and get in the best possible health. BUT, the best part is, our son is growing like crazy! My husband and I have been 98% primal since the start, and our son is about 85-90% primal. Since we've been eating this way, my son has been eating like crazy! It's amazing to see! Since he was around 9 months old, he has had a hard time gaining weight and growing. He is dairy and soy intolerant. I think he may have been missing all this good fat in his diet! He loves bacon! He's gained over a lb. since we've started! He's finally at 28.4 lbs. after being at 27.2 for months. I can't wait to see how tall he's going to grow over the next few weeks! My husband and I losing weight on this diet is one thing, but to see my son thrive on it let's me know we are doing exactly what we are supposed to be doing!

I just wanted to share the good news with everyone. I have been coming to these boards since day 1 for inspiration. I will continue to update everyone with our successes. We have taken "before" pictures, so it won't be to long before we have some amazing "after" pics to share. Thanks for reading!

newberrycrater is offline Senior Member
    That's fantastic!!!!!!!!

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Awesome! Keep us posted on his progress! x)
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Very happy this isn't about how you're thinking about going off primal because your baby is growing. Honestly this place has become so wacky sometimes I truly expected that.

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Very happy this isn't about how you're thinking about going off primal because your baby is growing. Honestly this place has become so wacky sometimes I truly expected that.
    Me too!

Glad it's working so well for you all

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    OMG arnt you wurreyd he's getting fat? put him on vegitarran diet rite now.

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    What wonderful result and such a positive tick for the Primal lifestyle. I'd love one day to see a comparison study between children raised on a Primal lifestyle and those raised on the 'normal' high carb CW. I wonder if Primal children will stay healthy, and not suffer the 'slowing' of metabolism and ensuing weight gain - & it's accompanying diseases of metabolic association - that doctors tell us are 'normal' from the mid 30s onwards.
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

PrimalJes is offline Senior Member
    That's crazy! Haha. I'm ecstatic that my child is growing!

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    +1

woohoo!

MIstressKiki is offline Senior Member
    Fab stuff!!
    I don't ask that you like me - all I ask is that you respect my life experiences and i will do the same.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast