Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My 2-1/2 year old has gained a over a lb. in 2-1/2 weeks! page 3

PrimalJes is offline Senior Member
    10 weeks in...

3.6 lbs. gained
    1-1/4" grown

I can't help but update! I am over-the-moon at what this diet is doing for my son!
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

SW: 212.4 lbs. February 14, 2013 (My second baby was born)
    CW:166.4 lbs.
    GW: 143 lbs.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    amazing, isn't?

my son is a monster. taller than his friends -- 95th percentile for height and weight. Healthy as an ox. hair grows like a weed. He's four. It's amazing.

halfbunny is offline Senior Member
    I am so happy for you! Although i don't have kids myself (yet), a dear friend is feeding her 3 yo on the primal diet and i see him thriving.

PrimalJes is offline Senior Member
    Zoebird, what a lucky little boy to have a Mama like you who feeds him a primal diet! Although, not yet a monster, someone called my kid "solid" the other day, and I almost cried How long have you/has he been primal? Do you allow him to have cookies/cupcakes at parties and such? What are your primal "rules" for him?

halfbunny, that's so good to hear! Do you know how long he's been eating primally? Did he have any health concerns/food intolerances before going primal? Is he allowed to have non-primal snacks once in a while?
    Last edited by PrimalJes; 06-20-2012 at 11:23 AM.
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

SW: 212.4 lbs. February 14, 2013 (My second baby was born)
    CW:166.4 lbs.
    GW: 143 lbs.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    he's been primal for a year and a half, and WAPF before that (though we had limited grains then, too).

he's allowed rice and quinoa when he wants it -- which isn't that often, though usually during a growth spurt. at school (kindy) their snacks are gluten-free buns (made by the kids) and tamari rice balls. I allow him those too, no problems.

here in NZ, most parties have gluten free, sugar free (using dates and/or honey and/or apples to sweeten), and often vegan cakes (lots of kids with egg allergies and dairy allergies). So, he's allowed 'free reign' with cakes and cookies too, because they are almost always GF.

but that being said, he probably has cakes/cookies/sweets about 1x per month, if that.

this weekend will be a block buster -- three parties in one weekend. But, all the same, I'll let him eat what he wnats. Most people serve sushi, fruit kababs, and then the GF/SF cakes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123