Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My 2-1/2 year old has gained a over a lb. in 2-1/2 weeks! page 2

PrimalJes is offline Senior Member
    Woo hoo! He's up another .4 lbs. in just 5 days!! (I don't weigh him every day-usually once per week).

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member
    baby groks are AWESOME .. cant wait to have my own!

good for you! i bet he will be sick less often and grow stronger than his classmates too!
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

Quote Originally Posted by touchdowntodd View Post
    baby groks are AWESOME .. cant wait to have my own!

good for you! i bet he will be sick less often and grow stronger than his classmates too!
    I hope so!

Also, he has grown 3/4 of an inch this month!!

Back for an update! It's been exactly 9 weeks of us eating Primally, and *drumroll please* my son is up almost 3 lbs.! He's gone from 27.2 lbs. to 30 lbs. Really. It's been 9 weeks, and he's not even 100% primal like us. He's more like 75%--He has a cookie here and there and has a few non-primal snacks a few times a week. Otherwise, though, it's bacon and eggs with fruit for breakfast. Cashews and raisins/avocado and turkey/hardboiled eggs/lara bars for snacks, lunch is rice or left-overs and a primal dinner of, typically, chicken/burger/or sausage and veggies. I am amazed at his progress! If anyone else has or knows small children, then you know 3 lbs. can be hard to come by! Typically, at this age, kids are gaining an average of 2 lbs. every six months.

The thing that sold me on doing the Primal Blueprint to begin with was the story of the little red-headed child who grew leaps and bounds eating Primally. I thought, "That could be my boy!" I wanted so badly for my son to be healthy and grow well, that I was willing to try anything. And the little boys family, also, looked so healthy and happy. I will definitely be sending in a before and after success story of my little boy in another month or so. He just gained weight, his feet have grown, and we're just waiting for him to sprout up in height any day now!

Thank you for all of your support!
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

SW: 212.4 lbs. February 14, 2013 (My second baby was born)
    CW:166.4 lbs.
    GW: 143 lbs.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.

This is the story of the little boy who inspired my family to go Primal--

My Son is Growing! | Mark's Daily Apple
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.

primalmontana is offline Senior Member
    I wish I could say I'm losing weight too but my daughter is gaining as well!! She is 3 1/2 and just hit 30 lbs.!!! She is petite and has always been under the 5th percentile for weight. People actually asked me if I was feeding my baby! Ok...really!? She is absolutely thriving now and much more well behaved. She is only probably 70-80% primal. (my dear husband still gives her toast and sandwiches on occasion.)

I love that this lifestyle caters to so many different needs...

SeanM is offline Senior Member
    Now you just need to get him a little club and teach him to say, "Bamm! Bamm!"

PrimalMontana, great to hear your little one is gaining, too! I had to get serious with keeping my carbs under control to lose any weight. Good luck to you!

SeanM, yes, he has one because he plays T-ball. haha. It's pretty cute. He's still lean, but solid, now
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    This is a great thread.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks, Magicmeri!

I've also been looking though old threads on this topic, and I'm not the only one with a child who has benefitted immensely from a mostly-primal diet! It's amazingly encouraging to read all of the "child-now-growing stories"!
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast