Thread: eating fat? page

destructalux is offline Senior Member

eating fat?

Primal Fuel
    right... i'm cool with the idea of eating certain fats that are good for you. just wondering about meat fat? tonight i cooked up a mean pork loin and decided to try mungin some of the fat strip that is on one side (i cooked it in the oven so it had crackled a bit).

just wondering if this is good, bad, or not overly important... no doubt cavemen didn't really give a crap... it was all food to them and the fat was probably their desert!

cheers

billp is offline Senior Member
    I eat it all the time. It is probably my primary energy source. I am sure it is very good for you. Meat drippings certainly feel good for you.

breadsauce is online now Senior Member
    I tend to eat the pork fat / crackling BEFORE attacking the meat! Love it....

chickenbackside is offline Senior Member
    3/4 of the fun of eating meat is the fat.Skinless chicken breasts are totally missing the point IMO.

Littlesigh is offline Senior Member
    Eat the fat, chew the grissle, comp on the cartilage..... oh and +1 to chickenbackside...I love chicken skin!
    Living the dream, inside a myth

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Yes it's best get as much fat as you can from wholefoods, as they are usually much richer in vitamins and minerals than processed fats and oils.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.