Thread: Raw vs. Cooked Veggies page

adr617 is offline Member

Lightbulb Raw vs. Cooked Veggies

Honestly, I have issues with raw veggies... especially salad. Am I missing out by not eating raw veggies? I love cooked veggies. I eat them all day long. However, I recently read a post about cooking with fats in which Mark subtly stated that stir-fried vegetables shouldn't be at every meal. While my vegetables aren't stir-fried at every meal, I do usually steam, bake, or fry.

So, here it is... I wish I liked raw veggies. How do you like your raw veggies? Any amazing salad combo? Favorite dip/dressing?
    Began Primal 3/26/12

Height: 5'1'', HW: 215, LW: 98, SW: 137, GW: 110

CW: 128

Follow me! http://humblehappyhealthy.wordpress.com/

davecoconutty is offline Junior Member
    Hey, I don't think you need to eat the raw vegies if you don't like them, life for Grok was adaption. Your hunting/ roaming grounds just happen to have cooked vegies and some vegies are better cooked, breaks down the fibres/ starches (? biology was a long time ago) . As long as you eat a variety of them you'll be fine.
    Not strictly raw but washed broccolli for 30 seconds in the microwave allow to cool, stays firm with just a little softness.

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Raw mushrooms, soooooo good I often eat the entire punnet on my drive home from the shop!
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

destructalux is offline Senior Member
    the hippies where i chilled for 3 months eat there raw veges with a dip called Tahini... it is made from sesame seeds and i dont know how it fits into the primal blueprint spectrum but its a seed and tastes great... tastes alot like peanut butter just runnier... ask for UNHULLED TAHINI...

Tahini

Reindeer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
    Raw mushrooms, soooooo good I often eat the entire punnet on my drive home from the shop!
    So damned delicious.. I would eat meadow mushrooms all day long if I could. it's too bad that there's tapeworm where I live.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    no need to eat raw vegetables. honestly, the big ass salads do not digest well for me. you wilt those greens a little, or saute them, and all goes nicely. i'm not a gorilla, i'm an omnivore damnit!
    Last edited by jakey; 04-12-2012 at 12:54 PM.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    certain things are awesome raw (IMO, of course) like peppers, orange peppers are literally candy to me. I have to say though, that's a very recent discovery for me (my girl put out a platter when we had some friends over) but I plan on munching on them a lot. For the most part though, I cook my veggies. I don't think about it all that much.

Again, this is one of those things where moderation and common sense have to come into play. Being all-or-nothing about food (especially REAL food) is silly. Wanting to always have veggies raw makes it so you can't eat potatoes, to name just one thing. So, you should cook some and not cook the ones you don't mind eating raw, easy peasy. Raw spinach is pretty tasty too, dice some apples or pears, throw some protein on top, maybe some crumpled bleu cheese and you're good to go.

adr617 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    i'm not a gorilla, i'm an omnivore damnit!
    AMEN! Actually, I don't digest salads well either. I'll stick to some wilteds!
    Began Primal 3/26/12

Height: 5'1'', HW: 215, LW: 98, SW: 137, GW: 110

CW: 128

Follow me! http://humblehappyhealthy.wordpress.com/