Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite vegetable recipes/ways to cook page

astuart is offline Junior Member

Favorite vegetable recipes/ways to cook

Hi all,

I'm just after a few ideas on how to mix up my vegetables a bit. Most of the time I'll eat some form of meat with steamed broccoli and cauliflower (sometimes roasted in the oven, with a bit of olive oil and salt) but lately I just feel like something different. I also eat a bit of pumpkin/sweet potato roasted in the oven with dinner every now and then too. To mix it up, I'll sometimes fry up some capsicum (red/green/yellow) in butter and mix it with the steamed veggies, but any other ideas would be great!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Hmm... I like ALL veg, but I'm pretty partial to brussels sprouts steamed stove top about half way, then toss with bacon grease, finely chopped garlic, and fresh cracked pepper, and a sweet red pepper roughly cut into about 1 inch chunks. Roast in oven until delicious.

I could probably eat a pan of ONLY this for dinner.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    I love asparagus, sauteed with butter and minced garlic, a squeeze of lemon, a splash of cream and some dijon mustard. Makes a delicious pan sauce that I will literally lick off the plate.

Also, I love roasted garlic cauliflower. Start by roasting a few heads of garlic for about 20 min, then toss cauliflower with melted butter and roast alongside the garlic. Once the cauli is all golden and ready throw it into a bowl and squeeze the soft delicious cloves out onto it. Mix, salt, pepper and serve.
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    We sometimes steam broccoli/cauliflowers, and then beat them up to make a rice equivalent.

Stir frys are awesome, particularly if you use lots or butter/ghee. Like you I love capsicums in there, but courgettes, broccoli, onions, carrots, really anything is good in there.

And I'm really digging leafy salads with tomatoes and some of the milder sulfoids (red onion or spring onion) lately.

astuart is offline Junior Member
    Thanks guys, some great ideas already! Really loving the thought of the brussel sprouts and the asparagus sounds tasty too!

I was into salads quite a bit over summer, but winter is on it's way down here in Australia, and I don't seem to eat as much salad in winter. Been meaning to try the cauli-rice too.

davecoconutty is offline Junior Member
    Eggplant and onion fried in coconut oil.

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

redrose is offline Junior Member
    Hi!!! I also live in Australia and don't eat as many salads in the colder months!
    I roast up this combo in coconut oil and butter regularly.
    Garlic cloves sliced, onion cut into wedges, red & green capsicum, chilli, pumpkin, carrot, sweet potato, parsnip, zucchini, broccoli and cauliflower. I season with celtic salt, pepper, organic italian herbs or a natural dukkah blend. I also add chicken wingettes to the veggies for even more flavour!!! :-)

tkirkpatrick is offline Junior Member
    I like to grill my vegetables on a cast iron plate. I have 2 square plates I put on my stove burners. One is small goes over 2 burners the other is large it goes over all 5 burners. A little olive oil on the plate throw on the vegetables. My favorite is cabbage. Its like a Japaneses hibachi in my kitchen.

Warmbear is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I roast a pan full of veggies on the bbq, way better than salad. Onions, peppers, Zucchinis, Mushrooms, broccoli, etc. I mix Evoo, sesame oil, salt, apple cider vinegar to taste, garlic crushed and hot sauce, then mix the veggies in it and pour the mess into a veggie grilling pan I have for the bbq. this is the best way to eat veggies bar none specially as I hate the effing things with a passion.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast