Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite vegetable recipes/ways to cook page 2

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Boil and mash a sweet potato and a turnip together. Add butter.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Tom B-D is offline Senior Member
    One way to mix it up is with some ethnic influences: I do curries with a great variety of veggies, usually starting with coconut oil, ginger and garlic, carrots, onions, cabbage, tomatoes, etc, then full coconut milk, let simmer...I eat these like stews, no rice or anything.
    Or try Szechuan/Hunan--you can adapt those recipes with coconut oil instead of peanut oil. Most seem like a variation on ginger, garlic, green onion, soy sauce...try Mrs Chiang's Szaechuan Kitchen, excellent cookbook.
    I'm going to try that asparagus / sauce recipe (above)!

GeoMike is offline Junior Member
    Great suggestions here, so far! Keep 'em coming; I'm taking notes as well!

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    i'm currently somewhat addicted to a red cabbage recipe in Nourishing Traditions.

shred cabbage and put in big pot

in a small pan, mix 1 bay leaf, 1/2 tsp cloves, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp honey, 1/4 tsp cinnamon & bring to boil

pour over the cabbage & cook on med-lo heat for about 20 min

you can an add a chopped apple at this point, personally i don't really think it adds much

when the cabbage is done, top it off w/ 2 tbs butter and a tbs of vinegar (i use apple cider vinegar)

it is so good! adding the butter and vinegar at the end keeps it from having that strong "cabbage-y" smell and flavor

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Bacon fat. Gently sautee anything in bacon fat and it takes delicious. Find some strong herb combinations too (google them), it makes a world of difference.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12