Page 93 of 590 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 93

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oh, my hammer is nice. It's yellow and black, the yellow part is rubber for easy grip. I will have to come up with a good name. DH said to name it Yellow jacket, I said that's not a strong enough name, he said, you ever had an angry yellow jacket after you?

I really like the format of IT STARTS.. It's an easy book to read and excellent for newbies. I thought Mark's book was great but theirs really sealed the deal for me.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Another name I am thinking of is Dante - because I like it, and because of the obvious implications. What a coincidence your H was at Home Depot! Must be message there -

Had my turkey/mayo/lettuce/pickle thing. Now enjoying a glass of mead. Have another concert to go to tonight.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Just had a bit of a carb load! Fried a banana in butter, added a square of chocolate and honey - manna. It was so good I had another! Brings me up to 138 g carb for the day - haven't eaten this much carb in a while. Feeling really good.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Excellent concert - Handel's Te Deum and a couple of works by Kirke Mechem, who is alive and well and has a website with all his works available for listening. Except for one - his piece inspired by the Twenty-Third Psalm, which will be recorded at the concert tomorrow. Very exciting. Mother Nature added her own harmonizing with driving rain, thunder, and lightning. And a young girl fainted - quite unfortunate, but she is okay.

I can't stop sleeping. Went to sleep at midnight and dragged myself up at 10:30. Am drinking a cup of coffee with heavy cream at the moment. I feel I could go back to sleep and sleep all day. Really, really don't want to do this!

Haven't mentioned I had a major score at the thrift shop the other day. A pair of brown Gap jeans that almost fit - just a few more pounds - and a cool Horny Toad sweater.

Made a decision just now. No more heavy cream. Not because of Whole30. Because I don't like it. I've been using it for a couple of weeks because, well, because everyone does and it is supposed to better - almost pure fat, etc. But...yuck. I just bought a new container and opened it with dread. Then I realized that being primal is not about dreading anything. I actually like pure butter more than cream, although they are pretty much the same thing.

Had a nice day, went to a craft show, got some beautiful cards to send to my mom and my sister with real letters written inside them. Also some lavender for my sweaters. Went to the botanical garden and ran into a couple of friends. Now am listening to Turandot and having a cup of tea. No cream.

Calibunny is offline Member
    Hey Sio - I saw a movie today that made me think of you, Hope Springs. It was filmed in Maine, what a ruggedly beautiful state! I wondered if that was your town, but I didnt see your awesome food co-op, so it probably wasnt

I have NEVER heard of shovelglove before reading about it here, so I googled it...check this out, this guy is funny! Shovelglove: The Sledgehammer Workout
    I am definitely going to try this, maybe i'll start with a broom first.

Regarding your name Dante, that would be a good name for a cat!

Lorinda

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Apparently many people who do shovelglove name their hammers.
    I have several (dozen) blacksmith's hammers, my favorite is named "Maxwell"
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Sio, WOW, the shovelglove is fun!!! I used a walking stick like you and followed Tim's 101, had DH hold the iPad and coach me on every move, which leg out, etc. It really wasn't like exercise. I wasn't sore, did 14 mins Friday and yesterday, I think all the swimming this summer helped out on upper body strength, plus for yearsss I've soaked in hot tub 105 degrees for 12-15 mins right before bed, (it's like a sleeping pill). I'm gonna try the whole 14 mins with the hammer starting Friday.. So glad I looked it up and thx so much to you for all these great ideas.

Glad you like it, Judy, it is fun, isn't it? I'm naming my hammer 'Solomon.' The whole swinging a hammer thing is very natural. I think as long as you keep your movements smooth you will be okay. The heaviness of the hammer seems to me to be a built-in safety device - just to pick it up requires good form or I wouldn't be able to do it at all.

I've heard of that film but haven't seen it. Wasn't filmed here, though. Someone should make a film here, it is very picturesque.

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    I, too, was inspired to hope aboard the shovel glove train. I'm do glad you inspired me to check out Timothy's great series & videos!!