Page 92 of 590 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 92

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Came home from work this morning really hungry. Had an apple and another piece of cheese from a Spanish goat annointed with red wine. Made meatballs and had three of them. I wish I could say the meatballs were good, but they were actually kind of tasteless, I don't know why. Now I'm headed for a shovelglove workout. Oh, and I slept all morning. It is blessedly cool today. I wish I could take off my clothes and run around in the field but that wouldn't be socially acceptable.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Coll is online now Senior Member
    But how much fun would it be to run around in this weather in the 'nick' - so glad it is cooler for you today!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Richardmac is online now Senior Member
    One persons socially unacceptable is another persons norm. You wont know if people will disaprove until you try it. I'm am aware that this is my first post on you log haha.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I have been averaging about 1700 per day, give or take 100 calories, 60-70% fat, 20% protein, 10-20% carb. I have been conscious and scrupulous about the amounts I put in my food journal so as not to underestimate, if anything I overestimate my consumption. I was wondering if I have low-carb flu, certainly this heat puts a lot of strain on me. One of the major stresses is that I sleep during the day and it is, of course, the hottest time. So my sleep has been quite horrible after working - maybe 3 or 4 hours of broken sleep. I was just thinking it is significant that when I have a night off, when my home finally starts to cool down, about 9:30 or 10 PM, I feel like a sledgehammer has hit me and I fall asleep immediately. It is very hot here, in the 90's every day and 100% humidity. We are lucky to have a large, cool ocean right handy - I should go swimming. Not a lot of beaches but there are some, and I have friends with docks and swimming areas.

Did 14 minutes of shovelglove today! Before you think I have morphed into Wonder Woman, let me confess that I used a walking stick for half of it. I do the motion with the stick for a while to practice, then pick up the sledgehammer and do maybe 5 reps on each side. I alternate that way for the time period. It will be quite a while before I can swing the sledgehammer for 14 minutes! Did this in a fasted state, then ate some beef and leafy greens with homemade mayo. Now I need to take a shower and get out of this house for awhile - I have been here for over 24 hours without setting foot outside.
    I've been noticing this shovelglove word of yours without giving it much thought..figured I'd look it up today, saw that guy's you tube videos, how cool is that?? Did you just happen to have a sledgehammer around the house or did you go buy one?? And how much does yours weigh? With the weather cooling soon, thank you Lord, I'll need something more than treadmill and I think I can totally do this shovelglove (my iPad keeps wanting to separate that word:-).

mommymd is offline Senior Member
    Phew, I made it to the end of your very engaging journal! I know you already have many commenters, but I will add my admiration of your writing style, my celebration of your successes and my enviousness ( I know, not a word) of your corner of the world as you have described it.

Mommymd

PS. I love RTs. They help me so much at work, always with a smile.

Hello mommymd, and thank you, that is what we strive for! And thank you for reading my journal. It is quite an odyssey.

Judy, I borrowed my landlord's sledge, and I liked it so much the first time I went out and bought one. They are quite inexpensive, maybe $25 at a big hardware store. Mine is eight lbs., I believe that is pretty standard, and that weight will be good for me a very, very long time, as the motions can be made more challenging simply by changing your grip or moving up or down the handle. That is one of the things that intrigued me. I wear my VFFs, another plus. And I started to see results right away, a huge plus. And it is fun and kind of subversive, like a primal diet. Fits perfectly into a primal lifestyle.

So true, Richard, so true. My landlord might not bat an eye at a nekkid tenant frolicking in the meadow - maybe that is why he cleared the brush? I was so tempted again last night, the stars were brilliant, a light breeze blowing, so cool and beautiful. All was dark and quiet, no one to see...

Went to a benefit for the local land trust last night, what a night! We had Marcus Printup and his band play for us and local chefs cook up some delights. As I have noticed before, the 'higher class' the food, the more likely it is to be primal. Funny how that works. I had maybe 20 oysters with straight horseradish and lemon - oh yeah! There was a suckling pig, duck, roasted root vegetables on skewers. Nary a grain in sight. The concert was fabulous. I walked up to the drummer and hugged him and kissed him like he was old friend, and he gave me a bear hug that cracked my bones. I don't normally do that but I could tell that he is a man filled with joy. His name is Alvin Atkinson, see him play if you ever get the chance.

Kinda hungry but I am IFing today. Feels good.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Did shovelglove - am working my way through the Urban Primalist tutorial. I like the way it is a whole body exercise but intense at the same time. I have a long way to go to feel comfortable but hey, one thing I have is time.

Also, I have joined the YMCA because I want to swim and maybe take some yoga classes. Joined through work, very inexpensive. Am going there this afternoon to collect my membership card.

Had two hot dogs (pastured of course), two eggs (same), tomatoes. Yeah.

Started to realize that while I'm not at the 'look good naked' phase, I'm at the 'not totally horrible looking naked' phase. AND I received the good news that I converted another person to primal. A friend I talked to about PB about two months ago has embraced the lifestyle, is eating paleo+dairy, and actually took a vacation day off work to play on his bicycle. (He hasn't taken a vacation day in three years.)
    Last edited by Siobhan; 08-17-2012 at 09:24 AM.

Very cool about the convert...and thx for the info on sledgehammer; I'm off on a hammer hunt now.

I called DH to see if he needed anything else at Home Depot; guess where he was, Home Depot. He's bringing me one home; I told him I wanted a pretty one. He said we have one but it's a biggie and too big for moi. I'm excited, already got my VFF's on.

Apparently many people who do shovelglove name their hammers. I haven't named mine yet, but I am leaning towards Marcel in homage to Proust, or possibly Henri. Mine is decidedly masculine looking, having a federal blue handle and a black head.

I've been feeling hungry for awhile and fighting it, then realized it has been 5 hours since I ate - no wonder I am hungry. I'm going to mix up some homemade mayo with turkey and eat it with pickles and lettuce. Probably some berries too.

I have It Starts With Food - pretty good book!