Page 91 of 590 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 91

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm supposed to be on a spending moratorium, but I am dying to get a pair of linen dinosaur or fossil print scrub pants. They are expensive - $50. There is a company that has hundreds of types of fabric and you order what you like. For some reason I have been wanting some print scrub pants, probably because no one else wears them. The aforementioned prints are much more subdued and tasteful than you might imagine. I would post a link but I'm not sure that is okay and I am not trying to sell anything. The website is actually not very well organized, ordering is difficult and their matching method is really lame - so trying to get a top in a matching color is really hard. Probably just as well.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

tachikomoo is offline Member
    Hi Sio, I think that's the perfect reward for when you reach your goal weight--as you said you were going to put off buying the next set of scrubs for your next size down. I think you should go for it! Maybe even by just putting aside all the change in your purse at the end of the day, or donating a fixed amount to your scrub fund. You have great self discipline so I wouldn't suggest a 'cheat fund' lol.

I'm glad to hear about ex-tubby cat, and hope he keeps getting better I've also felt quite run-down lately, and I was wondering if it was low-carb flu? Or maybe just the heat? Is it still hot there in Maine? I think heat affects me more than anything else, even if I don't realise that's what's causing it. I fancy finding a creek and going for a cold, cold dip! ......... or maybe as far as my shower, haha, the streams and creeks around these parts aren't so clean unfortunately.

When I lived in Utah we had some fantastic streams that came right down the mountains... coldest streams you'd find in the blazing heat of summer with the winter run-off and crystal clear water. I wonder if Maine is similar? In a couple of weeks I'll be visiting Lake Windermere in the Lake District in Northwest England, I wonder if there will be any pools or streams that are nice and clean? Though more than likely the weather will turn and it will be rainy and muggy and miserable, but hey

What are you averaging on calories per day? Are you (unconciously) being more active or energetic in what you're doing and therefore needing a few more calories? Just a thought

I have been averaging about 1700 per day, give or take 100 calories, 60-70% fat, 20% protein, 10-20% carb. I have been conscious and scrupulous about the amounts I put in my food journal so as not to underestimate, if anything I overestimate my consumption. I was wondering if I have low-carb flu, certainly this heat puts a lot of strain on me. One of the major stresses is that I sleep during the day and it is, of course, the hottest time. So my sleep has been quite horrible after working - maybe 3 or 4 hours of broken sleep. I was just thinking it is significant that when I have a night off, when my home finally starts to cool down, about 9:30 or 10 PM, I feel like a sledgehammer has hit me and I fall asleep immediately. It is very hot here, in the 90's every day and 100% humidity. We are lucky to have a large, cool ocean right handy - I should go swimming. Not a lot of beaches but there are some, and I have friends with docks and swimming areas.

Did 14 minutes of shovelglove today! Before you think I have morphed into Wonder Woman, let me confess that I used a walking stick for half of it. I do the motion with the stick for a while to practice, then pick up the sledgehammer and do maybe 5 reps on each side. I alternate that way for the time period. It will be quite a while before I can swing the sledgehammer for 14 minutes! Did this in a fasted state, then ate some beef and leafy greens with homemade mayo. Now I need to take a shower and get out of this house for awhile - I have been here for over 24 hours without setting foot outside.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Well, I have eaten something that doesn't agree with me, some intestinal distress, nuff said on that subject. Hope this clears up soon. Was it the paleo breakfast bread? That is the only thing I have eaten that is different - too much almond butter at one time? I rarely eat almond butter. Am not happy right now. I want to be back to normal. I should eat some kefir but I am at work and the kefir is at home.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Sending positive thoughts. Hope you feel better soon.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Almonds - could it be almonds? I haven't eaten them for awhile, until yesterday. Will have to test this theory. I've never had a problem with nuts before, at least that I am aware of.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Probably anything new and rich to your system could throw you off.
    Hope you are doing better.

Feeling much better today despite eating almonds again. I don't know what made me feel so bad, but thankfully it is over and I am back to my normal self. At work and full of energy! I think you are right, Judy, the paleo bread was too rich for me, I haven't eaten anything like that for a long time.

It was a little cooler today, at least in the morning, so I got about 6 hours of sleep today. This also helped! And it was quiet, no tractors, no brush clearing. I believe the forecast for tomorrow is cooler, I certainly hope so. The farmers market is tomorrow, I hope I can find enough energy to go. It isn't really do-able for me when I have worked all night - it opens around 9 AM and I need to be sleeping then. But I really want some of those mushrooms and some pastured pork and lard. And blackberries.

Scale not only hasn't budged, it has gone up! I was 142 this afternoon. Bummer. Not really worried about it, though. The stress from not sleeping/heat/not feeling well/too much noise has been concern enough without worrying about numbers on a scale. And tonight someone stopped me and asked me how much weight I have lost -when I said "A little" she said, "A lot, I think! Your clothes are falling off you!" Which they are.

Drank a whole cup of coffee, no reflux, woot!

My new avatar is Slim Cat.

Have to mention I just snacked on a piece of cheese from the food co-op, so unbelievably delicious. It is from Spain, goat cheese that has been bathed in red wine.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Oooooh! That cheese sounds awesome - I am a cheese fanatic! Not many kinds I don't like (except the processed nasty types!) I am sure that the lack of sleep and the heat is taking its toll! Hopefully you have some cooler weather soon - we have a fantastic day here today! It is in the 60's at the moment and not supposed to go above 80 - at the moment I am wondering if we'll even get that high. I can remember doing night duty in South Africa in the summer - like torture trying to sleep in that heat! I used to wet my sheet and then have a fan blowing directly onto me. As soon as the sheet dried off too much I would wake up sweltering and have to wet it again! Night shift is horrid! There are perks to it - but I don't plan on doing it ever again - of course now I have kids and that brings its own version of night shift when they have some illness or nightmares etc

Way to go with your weight loss - forget the scale for a while until you have a couple good sleeps under your belt and are feeling less stressed. Bet it will fall off you then!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.