Page 90 of 590 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 90

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hey! I am so with you on the meat thing!! I start craving stuff not only if I eat too many carbs but if I am not getting enough meat! I need it to feel satisfied and energetic! Glad you are feeling better - church sounded great Yay, for connecting with friends too. Hope you start to get some cooler weather and quieter sleeping conditions soon - night duty was my least favourite because that is usually when it is hot and everyone else is busy doing all the day time stuff, which tends to be a lot noisier generally! Our weather is a little cooler and supposed to get cooler over the next few days. It got down to 52F last night - LOVELY!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I had 3 strangers remark on how great it smelled as I pushed my grocery buggy along with a big ol' cage free roasted chicken riding up front. Most everyone loves the smell of cooked/cooking meat. Glad you're feeling better; meat makes a body feel good.

Calibunny is offline Member
    Meat - it's what's for dinner i had grilled pork chops, yum!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Hey, I am glad everyone is with me on the meat! It is so true, meat is good food.

Came into work to find disaster - not the patients, they are okay - administrative disaster. The computer not working, the patient lists and worklists not just inaccurate but completely messed up. I had to commandeer a secretary from the ER to help me get everything back in shape and it took us 1 1/2 hours! My co-workers totally bite sometimes. This affected patient care, so will have to be reported. Although I hasten to add that no patients actually harmed.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Well, I hope the rest of your night is uneventful after a crazy start! Goodnight ...
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Been eating a lot of bits and pieces in my kitchen - funny how quickly my food supply decreases. One day I am thinking, "How am I going to eat all of this before it goes bad?" and the next day I am finding the cupboard is bare. Today has been an egg day and now they are all gone. I broke down and made some paleo breakfast bread - main ingredients almond butter, eggs, maple syrup. Very easy and I had all of the ingredients on hand. Very good but very high calorie. For me, baked goods, even paleo ones, are the road to hell. But once in a while is okay. Just have to make sure than 'once in a while' means every two months or so, not every week. Anyway, here is the recipe -

Practical Paleo: Simple & Delicious: Paleo Breakfast Bread

No work tonight! Whew. I guess I should get out and about and maybe buy some food, although I am discovering that 2 servings of paleo breakfast bread are quite filling. Too filling. I wish I could take back one serving! Lesson learned. It is dense stuff.

I also broke down and orderd It Starts With Food as it is getting very positive reviews and I am in a bit of a lull, having read a boatload of paleo/primal books and have been casting around for some more really good ones with actual scientific information in a readable, interesting style. Hope this fits the bill.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 08-13-2012 at 01:53 PM.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Oh, another thing - when I put the recipe in paleotrack, it told me that baking soda contains grain? Didn't know that. The listed ingredient is sodium bicarbonate. Is it derived from grain? Must google that.

Edit - answered my own question, I think. Baking POWDER contains starch, which may or may not contain gluten, but baking SODA is pure bicarb - not sure why paleotrack thinks it has grain.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 08-13-2012 at 01:59 PM.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    It Starts with Food is so great, may be my fave.

That is good to know - I can't wait to receive it.

Finished today with a whopping 2300 calories! I guess you could say I was hungry. I don't really feel bloated or overfed or anything. All primal food of course. Probably going to open the mead now!

Looking over my calories I realized that on Sunday I finished with less than 1000 calories and had a rather large salad just after midnight Monday, so my intake was not bad - if you average the two days, quite respectable actually. Good macros both days too. Have fasted for 14 hours so I think I will hang in there for a couple more hours. Not really hungry and not feeling very good either. I'm so tired and achy. Slept quite well last night, why am I so tired when I am sleeping well? Is it just my schedule? Could be, very well could be.

Cats are doing well on the good quality Fancy Feast, eating enthusiastically. I wonder what they think of the changes? They can't tell me. I wonder if they get low-carb flu?