Page 84 of 590 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184584 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 84

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Want to add before I forget - have gone through this whole summer without a sunburn. Spent all morning on a boat with brilliant sunshine - no burn at all. I have a very, very slight hint of brownish color that might be called a tan. Have not used sunscreen at all. Weird.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Did what I always mean to do and never seem to find time for - cooked up a storm. I'm working the next three nights, and I can safely say that I have enough food to last. Made a big pot of cabbage cooked in butter, a pound or so of organic chicken sausage, lots of zucchini, lots of cut-up fruit ready to go. Plenty of salad greens, some rotisserie chicken. It's a nice feeling, and I only had to wash one pan!

Also remembered a really great salsa sold here - a local concoction, organic, etc. that tastes way better than anything I have ever made. I cut up my avocado and mixed it up with some salsa - keep sit it from oxidizing and tastes unbelievably good. I almost ate the entire bowl - took great force of will to put half of it away.

Another day in paradise here in Maine. What a nice summer we are having!

A couple of weeks ago I bought one of those Ahh Bras sold at the drugstore - thought it would make a nice around-the-house lounging bra - and have been very pleasantly surprised. It is really great, so comfortable and does what it should without binding anywhere. Today I went to buy another and of course they now have a different kind, although oddly at half the price. Anyway, I bought two (came in a package) and am even more surprised that I like them even better. These have pads, which I do not need, but are really good at avoiding show-through. They are very thin pads, however. The pads also add a bit of support. I am very happy with the result - it is like the support of a sports bra without the uni-boob look and without the binding and discomfort. I would never have thought a bra like this could work for D-cup me. Just sayin' - if you are in the market for a cheap, comfortable, supportive bra give it a try. I got mine at Rite-Aid.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 07-31-2012 at 09:06 AM.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

RestlessLegs is offline Junior Member
    Hi Siobhan,

I saw what you posted for your latest number on the scale - congrats on that! How exciting. I'm a little envious, but mostly happy for you . You are a great inspiration and I have started getting more serious about my primal eating.

I made the zucchini/bleu cheese thing you posted last week. OMG - that was wonderful. I made mine with pine nuts instead of walnuts. Just because that is what I had on hand. I really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting that. And congrats again - keep up the inspirational work!

artyscat is offline Senior Member
    Puffin trip sounds truly magical how fabulous n fantastic news from the scales too ! That s really wonderful

Pine nuts are great with zucchini. I should get some. They are little fat bombs, too, which I like very much.

I felt something I haven't felt in ages and ages. In fact I had forgotten that I have sit bones. Sitting in my chair, I can feel the bones poking through the fleshy bits. Whaddya know...

Getting ready to eat something, not sure what...anticipation...anticipation...

I was looking through my books and thinking about dairy and fats and blah blah blah and realized, "It is ain't broke, don't fix it." The weight is coming off, I feel great, I am healthy. I'm just going to keep doing what I am doing. If it stops working I will tinker with it.

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    I think that's so sensible! I've been figuring that maybe I'll cut down on dairy when I hit a major plateau but things are ok so why not stay happy!

And after posting this I decided to join the August Whole30 challenge so no dairy for me for 30 days... waaaah.
    Last edited by KerryK; 07-31-2012 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Joined the Whole30 so added a comment

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    Siobhan - as I said earlier, your comments on my journal have helped to keep me going, so the least I could do is check in on your journal. Loved how you describe your kind of 'aha' moment with the pizza and cats (btw my cats and dog all eat no-grain food and the dog gets lots of raw bones). Sounds like your introduction was pretty similar to mine, with almost immediate results as far as nagging symptoms disappearing. I simply got the point where my weight was 'good enough' and found how to eat to hold it there. Sounds like you're more committed than I've been - good for you and I wish you continued success! Funny we're about as far from each other as one can get in the continental US, yet still have the same realizations.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried shovelglove yet? I went to his site, and chose five different movements. Found that doing five repetitions of each on both sides, took me five minutes to do two sets. So it was easy to bum up minute by minute, toward my goal of fourteen. Today I did eight minutes, and since I didn't do it yesterday, I could really feel it by the end. And yet, I don't think it will be difficult to work up to 14 minutes.
    Last edited by Sabine; 08-01-2012 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Bizarre duplication-must be the sunstroke.

I have done a little bit - I watched the video and did the movements just using a walking stick. Today I used the sledgehammer; of course I couldn't do much, but I could do it and it was fun. I love the idea that I'm doing actual useful movements that are helpful for real life. I just have to make sure I don't send the sledgehammer through the French doors! And thanks for the comments, it is really nice for me to hear that others out there have the same experiences.

The cats's diets is coming along very slowly. I put grain-free kibble down two nights a week, basically to just keep them used to eating it if they have to. They simply would not eat the high-quality canned food or raw liver. They wouldn't even eat the better-quality Fancy Feast - the stuff without wheat gluten - unless I serve it with the bad stuff. So they are getting half and half good FF and bad FF. I have hopes that someday they will be totally off the bad FF but...baby steps. They aren't as committed to the primal lifestyle as I am.