Page 83 of 590 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183583 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 83

KimT is offline Senior Member
    I agree on the volleyball thing, watching it now myself. It can't be comfy. Pants constantly riding up and sand getting all up in where it ought not to be. At least they have shirts on today, must be chilly.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    My honey agrees with the bare-bottom solution.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Yep, imagine the sand! I'm laughing at myself, though. Why should I care what they wear?

Had a smoothie before church - just couldn't make it, and why should I try? Actually was a 15-hour IF. Went to the grocery store and loaded up after church. Ate like a starving wolf when I got home - chicken, guacamole, leafy greens, cantaloupe. Have you tried Sabra Guac? It's great and not too bad processing-wise. It doesn't have anything in it that I wouldn't put in myself. I would eat it all of the time but it is too expensive. Today there were no avocados even close to ripe. I bought four of them in varying stages of readiness. Conversation at the check-out -

Cashier: That's a lot of avocados.

Me: Yes, I eat them every day.

Cashier: You do not.

Me: I do. At least half an avocado.

Cashier: They're fat bombs!

Me: I know. That's why I eat them. And because they taste so good.

Cashier: Where do you put it?

Me: Hopefully in my brain. And in every cell in my body. We need fat, you know.

Cashier: (Obviously thinking I am psycho) Umm...okay.

Oh well, baby steps. How does Mark do it day after day? Constantly educating everyone who is totally brainwashed?

Came home with fresh tuna, canned tuna, rotisserie chicken, avocados, guac, raspberries, strawberries, cantaloupe, salad greens. Oh, and a box of wine. Have you had boxed wine lately? Some of it is really good and the price is excellent. I like this brand called Bandit. The pinot grigio and the merlot are both quite nice.

Well, I am quite full after my feast. Going hiking this afternoon with a friend so will burn up those 70 carbs I have already eaten today. (I can hope.) All fruit. I'm one of those fruit people - can't live without it.

Watching men's volleyball and am very disappointed they don't have much body on show. Also have not noticed any ass close-ups.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

artyscat is offline Senior Member
    see what happens when you borrow clothes from the Queen you start thinking about James Bond in that rip off Ursula Andres shot in THOSE trunks..and the male ass

totally agree ! ...can't see why they don't wear tiny speedos for volley ball ? wheres our fun !!

spoilers ...

JudyCr is online now Senior Member
    That is funny about the girls in teeny bottoms and the guys in baggies.

We were in a law office last week; all of the men were in long sleeve shirts, cuff links, suits.
    Every woman was sleeveless, deep cleavage, bare legs in real high heels.
    My DH noticed it and said, why aren't the women freezing and the men sweating bullets??
    Playing the part, baby.

Any Doctor Who fans out there? A couple of seasons ago there was a scene where Amy and the Doctor had been taken prisoner by aliens - Amy wearing ultra short shorts and the Doctor in a suit - and were assessed thusly: "Obviously the female of the species has greater resistance to cold." I laughed my head off because I often think much the same when watching films, with women in the scantiest of scanties, and men in dinner jackets, leather, etc.

Went hiking with a friend in a warm rain, very enjoyable. Stopped at a new lobster wharf and checked out the goods. Actually a new/old place - it had fallen into decrepitude and has just been renovated. Very picturesque. Wish them well.

Had a slab of tuna and some raspberries. Wine with my friend.

Puffins tomorrow!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Hi Siobhan, been off for a few days, I agree with the cats! Take some time with your cheese and wine (I can hear a Hallelujah chorus for that one!) and unwind. Once you are relaxed and recovered the closets and boxes will be ready and waiting. They won't go bad if left a little longer - take a nice walk, listen to some good music, lie in the sun, take a bubble bath etc etc. Let us know what worked and how you feel
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Ha! Littlest has just been watching that season. (I get it by osmosis.)

The puffins were stupendous. Someone must have told them we were coming, because they put on a spectacular show. Flying in formation right across the bow, then turning around for an encore, resting in the waves right next to the boat, occasionally raising their wings so we could admire them from all angles, standing tall on the rocks. Lots and lots of them. The day was perfect, blue skies, light breeze, quite warm. Some days they don't see any! On the way back it hit me that I had seen a sight that not very many people in this world have seen.

Had my first primal blip. My friends wanted to stop for ice cream, which I had no interest in eating. I ordered a sandwich that was on special, thinking it would be quick. I didn't bother to tell him to leave off the bread because I thought it would take too long to explain. It took twenty minutes to get the sandwich and of course my friends's ice cream was long gone. Got it wrapped up to go. Complete waste of money as I have all the ingredients at home and in more generous quantities too. It occurred to me later I should have asked if they have coffee. Live and learn. But I picked up some raspberries, stopped in a park on the way home and ate everything primal in the shade of some beautiful trees with flowers all around. I did NOT leave the bread for the wildlife as it is no better for them than it is for me.

Scale was down this morning - 141.5 lbs FWIW. Got a little bit excited as a new number on the scale is in sight.

Yesterday my friend and I dished about people we know with boats and might be interested in having sailing companions. Turns out there are quite few. Hope that pans out!

Rode my bike a little ways, mostly downhill! Had to get off and walk quite a bit on the way back. Still counts as exercise, right?

Well, I have had quite a nice day, and I am tired. Going to rest for awhile, read, drink some H2O. I have eaten quite a bit, up to 1000 calories but as it is 4 PM maybe that isn't so bad. I think dinner tonight will be a smoothie. Back to work tomorrow night for three nights.

Cats are talking to each, must go see what that is about -

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Watching men's beach volleyball, they are wearing baggy shorts down to their knees. Long baggy shirts too. Freakin' annoying.