Page 82 of 590 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182582 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 82

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm watching the opening ceremonies and torn between fascination and revulsion. Do you know that McDonalds is the 'official restaurant' of the Olympics? WTF? Ads for Wal-Mart and Dow. It's like a train wreck - I can't look away.

The Queen looks terrific, though. What a sport she is!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Not sure what to say about my eating today. I had primal pizza and then for dinner ate an entire rack of baby back ribs. Feel kinda bloated and slow. I had some blueberries, too. I think I was hoping the blueberries would banish the yuckiness. Maybe I should drink a boatload of water?

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

artyscat is offline Senior Member
    Hi siobhan , we were just amazed by the Queen, really funny and quirky ! luckily we didn't get any of that advertising here on our broadcast, think everyone would have had bluefit ! but it's not jus McDonalds , coke is also in on the act , I heard that McDonald's can only sell fries since they can only use British beef lol ! , which is some kind of joke am sure but think it is true they are selling British beef.we were having fantasy at work Ronald McDonald master of ceremonies 2012 games..making sure everyone eats loads of junk ! V ironic ....the marketing is such a pain makes us feel pretty cynical

Maine sounds like such a lgreat place to live such a range of lovely foods you find, just loved the goat cheese packaging and hope to hear about the puffins.

I just left a post on your journal, artyscat, praising the Queen to high heaven. I admire her so much. And yeah, Coke! Disgusting. They should have to advertise they give people diabetes and heart disease. But small farmers can't pay the big bucks to advertise they raise their cows humanely and naturally and have a great omega 3:6 ratio! It also pains me to admit the commercials were quite clever and entertaining. Just makes it all worse. My protest will be to double-down on primal eating and GET SOME EXERCISE. Off I go -

Also forgot to add that my wonky antenna gave out partway through the parade of athletes and I missed the U.S.A.'s entrance. Bummer. Did some gymnastics of my own to get it working again. Did anyone else notice that many of the female athletes are more beautiful than any fashion model or actress? How do they maintain those gleaming locks and flawless skin and perfectly shaped brows?

Went for a walk in my fives - just 20 minutes down the road. It was great. I deliberately concentrated on not concentrating, just walked. Didn't think about heel strike or no heel strike or anything. Just looked at the trees and the birds and enjoyed the perfect day. We'll see how my feet feel tomorrow! I did notice that it is very pleasurable to walk on the crushed rock we have alongside our asphalt road, and also on the not-so-crushed rock that was used to repair a place where the road washed out several weeks ago.

Made some cold-brewed coffee yesterday and enjoyed it this morning. Love that stuff. Doesn't seem to cause the reflux I get from regular coffee and I love the smooth taste.

Watching the Olympic swimming. Can't imagine appearing in front of a BILLION people in a form-fitting Speedo with no makeup.

artyscat is offline Senior Member
    Yikes ! Me neither ....bad enuf having to don the swimsuit as it is ! ...there were lots of beautiful people in the parade, such an array of costume and different physique s, colours, fascinated me..some amazing hats too ! ... US team did look v smart and well turned out

everyone loves the Queen today I think from chatting to neighbourhood this morning...

Yournwalk sounds fun , I got a pair of those 5 finger vibrams for my 50th from my bro who thought it was a great joke...I never did wear em outside but I am thinking I should dig them out but thought what a co-incidence, must tell him lol !

Yes, do! They are awfully expensive to give someone for a joke! I love mine already. I had bought a pair quite some time ago - at least three or four years - but unfortunately bought a size too small in the low-cut style that just never felt quite right. My new ones are great, I can tell already. I am unfortunately tempted to go purchase the Bikilas also. I know they wear like iron and even people who put in lots of miles get a lot of wear out of them. Have to keep reminding myself to go slow.

Did a bit of yoga, going very slowly as the back is an obvious concern. I know that I can rehab my back with yoga or I can damage my back with yoga, trying for the former. I think it counts as lifting heavy things as my own body is the heaviest thing I have.

Do you know those buttons that some trousers have on the waistband so that one can adjust the size but never does? I discovered them on the waistband of my only pair of capri pants that are too big and so have adjusted them down a size. Woo-hoo! I need these to get me through the summer, don't want to purchase any new clothes right now.

Bought a digital camera at the drugstore and when I got home realized I need an SD card. So annoyed. Looking at the package, I found some teeny weeny tiny print saying 'SD Card required, not included.' Why can't they just state that clearly? So I can't play with it and learn how to work it!

Made the unhappy discovery that quite a bit of food in my refrigerator is either spoiled or going off and needed to be eaten or tossed. The bacon was green and moldy! Funny how I can go from having too much food to not having much food at all. I think this is the hardest thing about being primal - I really need to shop just about every day, or at least every other day and often I have to buy too much of a particular item. And tonight I have already been into town twice and I just realized I don't have any fruit except for a lime. AND I have eaten too much today - almost 2000 calories, too many fats and protein, only 68 carbs.

Just saw the Queen on the news saying she hoped her bit made people laugh! That it did.

Watching the Olympics and listening to jazz on the radio and reading Peter Pan. Probably going to give myself ADHD.

Wondering why women volleyball players compete in their underpants and men compete in baggy shorts? Geez, I'm a prude. but hey! Just got an idea sitting here watching a close-up of a volleyball player's ass with her teeny pants rode up in her crack - why not have them compete bare-bottomed? Would save all that tugging and yanking.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 07-28-2012 at 05:52 PM.