Page 81 of 590 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181581 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 81

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Eat cheese and stare at the stars through your skylights. This is my advice.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I took everyone's advice and drank wine and ate cheese and looked at the stars until they disappeared under the rainclouds, then I listened to the rain. It was most renewing to the spirit. Feel much better today. Woke up full of energy and am trying once again to make a primal pizza that is worth making. A zucchini crust is the in the oven right now.

I'm going to see puffins with my BFFs on Monday! I'm so excited. We talked about going last year, and talked instead of actually doing it and before we knew it they were gone. (They come to a small rocky island off the coast of Maine to breed, then they leave.)

I know I am still overweight but I feel really thin. It's a good feeling. Thin but strong.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

tachikomoo is offline Member
    Glad to hear it Sio, sounds like you needed it I am re-thinking a conservatory for this reason, but not for several years yet probably. So I'll live vicariously through you a while longer haha

Let us know how the pizza quest goes! Also if you wanted to give us a run-down of the meals you make with those cheeses that'd be brilliant too how is the pull-up coming? hope you have fun at the puffins on Monday!

The zucchini crust pizza is a big thumbs up. It is too good, actually. I ate HALF of it, which is an astounding amount of cheese. I am at about 800 calories for the day already, but with good macros. But it actually tastes like pizza. Very simple recipe, 2 c shredded zucchini, 2 c shredded cheese, 2 eggs. I did not add any flour as many recipes suggest for the obvious reasons. This recipe would make an excellent and simple crustless quiche, something nice to take to work or to a potluck so that I have something to eat. If I made it as a quiche I would reduce the cheese and add an egg or two. The appearance is very nice and appetizing when it comes out of the oven. I would fearlessly serve it to company. And not horribly expensive. Very easy too, although you have to allow an hour, most of it oven time.

Still can't do a pull-up! My hanging time is going well though. Sure helps the back.

Well, it is raining now and I want to enjoy the peace and quiet of the pitter patter, so off goes the computer and out comes the book -

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

tachikomoo is offline Member
    Amazing, thanks for sharing! Definitely giving that a go and tucking it into my book for later. Any particular cheese you used or just cheddar? Also do you use a pizza baking tray or will any tray do? What temp and how long? (I burn everything so I have to ask lol) Sorry for all the questions, enjoy your book

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Primal pizza crust - yummy! Pizza is one of the things I miss the most being gluten and grain free.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

I used a shredded Mexican cheese mix from the grocery - afraid it's not organic or anything. ($$$$$$$) Cheddar would be good. I use parchment paper, if you have any around it is worth using for this. I put the parchment on a pizza pan, put some oil on it and spread the mixture out evenly - it is not like dough at all. Just pat it out. Bake it in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes. Take it out, let it cool a few minutes, and put on your toppings. I like mine really simple - Muir Glen Organic Pizza Sauce, some sliced tomatoes, basil, thyme, sprinkle cheese on top. But you can put whatever you like on it. Then put it back in the oven for maybe 5 minutes. If you are topping with veg, you will probably want to give them a quick saute first as you are just melting the cheese the second time it goes in the oven. I liked this because it actually tastes like pizza and is easy and inexpensive. I have made lasagna with spaghetti squash - zucchini will probably work just as well. Instead of noodles, layer squash, meat sauce, cheese, squash, meat sauce, cheese. Bake it up - tastes like lasagna, no gluten and very few carbs. Travels well too and freezes well. You can google 'zucchini pizza crust' and get the basic recipe, it is all over the place. Some of them call for a bit of flour of some type, but I obviously didn't add any. I do have some rice flour, but I didn't see the point in adding the empty carbs. If I'm going to eat rice, I'll just eat it and enjoy it and not hide it in a zucchini crust. Also, this pizza can't really be picked up and eaten - you need to eat it with a knife and fork as it isn't crispy enough. Almost but not quite. I compromised by picking it up with two hands, but I like to eat without utensils. (Sorry, TMI - but I live alone.)

Having a nice peaceful day. My back, after being perfect for around two weeks, has started to whisper again, so I am really taking it easy. Doing some stretches and light exercise, that is all.

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Wow, I am makin' myself some PIZZA for dinner!!

Thx for the recipe!!

Let me know how it turns out! It's been a long time since I had real pizza. It was pretty much my favorite food when I was on SAD. I'm not going to make it very often because I can tell that I will have the same problem I had then - I can eat the entire pizza in one sitting. Just girl who can't say no...to pizza.

I went out to pick up my mail and a library book and came home with a pair of Vibram Fivefingers Komodo Sport . On sale in my little village, imagine that! They had Bikilas also, which I liked the look of, but they were too tight across the instep. I'm not sure I will ever be able to totally make the transition to barefoot, but I'm going to start out wearing them for an hour a day around the house and gradually increase. I feel really primal now!

I'm ridiculously excited about the Olympics. Made sure I can get NBC on my wonky little TV setup and have blocked out this evening. Also have a bottle of mead and a bottle of red wine and some ribs.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    No Olympics for me this year. We would always watch, and make a theme dinner for the opening ceremonies, with food of the hosting nation. But our tv does not get that channel, and no invited from friends. I think they are sick of my tv-less-ness. Or just not thinking about it. Sigh.