Page 80 of 590 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180580 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 80

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Okay, I had to taste the cheese. It is unbelievable. Tastes like cheese candy. Beautiful texture. Just as described - salty and sweet at the same time, distinct caramel flavor. I wish I had a glass of wine to enjoy with it. Tomorrow night!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Perhaps an oak aged chardonnay?

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Okay, Siobhan I'm ready to run away from home to Maine! Your food always sounds great, the co-op makes me jealous, I could use the peace of the goats, and I can provide a nice Chardonnay.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Well, this is one of the nicest places on the planet. We have very liberal food laws here to encourage local farmers. Maine is pretty much about small business as we don't have any large industry other than healthcare. People bearing wine are always welcome though!

I wish I was home! Work is crawling by...

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

You know what one of the nicest things about being primal is? Not having to pretend I like stuff I don't. No more trying convince myself that I really want quinoa tofu salad instead of ribs. Or that skim milk is just as nice as cream. I did, however, force myself to eat the rest of the smoked chicken that had become something of a trial. No more smoked anything for awhile! (Except bacon) Had some zucchini thing with stilton on top. Another nice thing about the food co-op - they sell small pieces of whatever cheese they happen to be using for their prepared foods. I got a nice little chunk of very good stilton and some very tasty farmers cheese. That is in addition to the exotic Norwegian cheese, which is not a single serving by any means. There will be a lot of cheese eating going on at my home.

Just now enjoying tea with half and half and butter. I quite like it. It is more like food than a beverage. I'm pretty heavy on dairy, aren't I?

Sabine is online now Senior Member
    The goats! I love those goats on the package!

Isn't the package great? It's the coolest thing. The cheese is made with goat whey and also goat milk - 100% goat. I can't remember what all about the preparation makes it the way it is, but it is pretty special. I wonder if my landlord would let me have some goats? Probably not. I think it is a little too early to spring something like that on him. Also I might want to start with chickens. But I love all things goat. Goats are cool.

I have some days off finally! I have just worked 5 out of 7 nights, and while I wasn't that busy, it was mentally pretty grueling. One of the patients who was very sick reminded me a great deal of my brother, who died last November. This patient did get well and went home today. It was really good for me to be involved in his care and watch him improve and go back to his life, but emotionally exhausting as well. Also some unhappy things happened. I was performing a diagnostic on a patient and she suddenly began jerking and shaking - probably a stroke of some sort. It had nothing to do with the test and was not my fault in any way, but disturbing nonetheless. I couldn't help but feel terrible. And a long-time patient who has stayed with us many times died last night. So yeah, I'm ready for a few days off.

A little voice is yelling at me to get off my duff and start organizing the closets and unpacking boxes and maybe go to the grocery store, but another voice is telling me to just chill. Maybe open that bottle of wine and unwrap the cheese.

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Man oh man, I strive for positive thought but I sure envy you that food co-op.
    Last edited by KerryK; 07-26-2012 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Danged auto correct on my phone

artyscat is offline Senior Member
    Definitely have that glass of wine and some cheese..you really deserve it ! Sounds like a really tough few days, IMHO you use have given out a ton to your patients who I am sure really benefitted from having someone truly caring with them during whatever crises they were going through ...v precious indeed ..look after yourself you are v valuable !

Also checked with the cats here and they agree, spend some time for yourself and don't worry about the cupboards..

Ok will shut up now

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, if your cats say so, I must obey. Cats must always be obeyed.