Page 78 of 520 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 78

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The blueberries with coconut cream and a dusting of stevia was as divine as I imagined. I am quite hungry today. Very early this morning while still at work I had a chicken sausage, olives, and strawberries. Then when I got home I could not resist opening a new ham that I got at the food co-op - nitrate free, organic, etc. Ate a couple of slices and some blueberries. Then this afternoon more ham and blueberries with coconut cream. Food orgy.

Tomorrow I have a health assessment for work - I get tested for tobacco use, weight, cholesterol. If I hit the parameters I get a considerable amount off my health insurance. Since it is so bloody expensive I submit to this invasion of my privacy. I am very curious to find out my cholesterol numbers. I have never had either high or bad cholesterol so this will be my first test since going primal. Obviously I don't use tobacco and my weight is okay - even at my highest I was still okay as they are quite generous, and they rather ridiculously use BMI, which favors shorter people. I won't get the results for ten days or so. When I made the appointment, they made a big deal about fasting - at least 8 hrs and not more than 12. Apparently most people have a lot of trouble with this. I was a little worried because that means I have to eat something after 8:30 PM this evening and I usually don't. Fasting is a whole different thing for a primal person! I was thinking it would mess up my IF if I feel like doing one tomorrow, but of course I don't have to eat after the test. I will be very curious to find out my fasting blood sugar.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Okay, I'm officially a wacko. Called the cable company to see how much it would be to get the free TV channels and decent fast internet. 1) They no longer offer free TV service (they did offer it about 6 months ago.) 2) Everything is contract. 3) Not interested.

Before you think I'm weird for calling the cable company about free TV, you have to understand that I live in a rural area on the farthest edge of the digital signal, so a digital antenna is of limited use. Also you have to understand that I believe that most TV is poison, like a wave version of wheat or sugar, which is of course a particle. I don't allow tobacco, illegal drugs, gluten, or sugar in my home and I consider that 200 channels of cable TV is on the same level. And hell will freeze over before I pay $100 per month with a 2-year contract for such. Question EVERYTHING including Time-Warner.

I'll be staying with my Radio Shack antenna and my basic cell phone and my aging 3G connection and my 8-year-old computer. Thank you for listening.

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Yep, been TV free since 1999 when I saw the first episode of Survivor, and decided I must have better things to do with my life. I do however like cable broadband, and I get plenty of news and media on the computer.

I wonder how solid the business plan of a company like Time-Warner can be considering that virtually everything most people want to watch is or soon will be available online. I realize I am an anomaly; the only channels I watch are the PBS station and PBS World. I get any news I care to get online. I guess there are still enough people who live for TV that it is viable. There is also no competition - in an area like this, TM is the only game in town. Note: many of the patients in the hospital are TV addicts. Correlation or causation?

I see the hackers were having a lot of fun last night!

Off to my health assessment -

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Siobhan, popping in to catch up and say 'Lo. I've written a note or two in your journal and a few others then cancelled them (not sure why) so I'm breaking that habit today and hitting the danged 'post' button!

My kitties still look at me as if I have two heads if I offer them raw or cooked liver or steak... I tell them they're pod kitties and demand to know what they did with the real ones.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    [QUOTE=Siobhan;910099] Note: many of the patients in the hospital are TV addicts. Correlation or causation?

There's a great research study. Hope your HA yields good news.
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

For once it was fun getting my health assessment, mostly due to my weight loss. It is now fun to step on the scale. The fasting was no problem at all, just the usual. My blood pressure, as usual, was quite low - 100/60. Yes, I am conscious most of the time. The labs won't be back for awhile but I am waiting with bated breath.

tachikomoo is offline Member
    Looking forward to your results--hope you get a whopping discount on your health insurance due to this

What are some of your breakfasts if you don't mind me asking? Also do you have an 'ultimate comfort' food or meal?

hugs to tubby and slim cats as well!

JudyCr is online now Senior Member
    It is so cool, isn't it, to be checked out now with such weight loss from last yr. My doctor took both my hands in hers and said, now tell me exactly what's this primal thing. LOL. I took her my copy of Mark's book and left it at the front; she actually emailed me later with thanks and much interest.. Man, I love women doctors!!

Re: television - I went off tv yrs go about the time of reality shows, watched about 15 mins and never saw another one. I would read in the living room or outside or bedroom, or involve myself with hobbies while DH watched how it's made shows and sports.. He said one night he "missed me" watching tv w/him.. So I changed us from cable to satellite and signed on for 2 yrs for 80 bucks a mo. Something like 225 ridiculous channels and 2 premiums..I really like many of the HBO & Showtime shows, some are excellent and many are bust out laughing funny. So we're back to watching tv together a couple hrs a nite and recording on the DVR what we'll watch when we have time, like when this danged heat runs us indoors. Real feel in ATL today something like 103!!! Men do love the television more, tho. Probably because with the exception of mowing grass it's what they do when not at work

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I really miss the Food Channel since we had to drop tv.