Page 75 of 590 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175575 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 75

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I bet we'd all love to see a picture of you. I always thought it would be fun to have curly hair.

It's hysterical thinking of your pants falling down. Pretty exciting (not the pants falling down, the losing of so much weight).

Yes, my cats love making mad dashes across my bed in the middle of the night, jumping on or over me when I'm on the toilet, NEEDING me when I'm just getting out of the shower, etc. That's cats! I love them.

Maine sounds so pretty. Reminds me of my sister-in-law telling me about her home, Norway.

Hope your day has the right amount of sleep, light, good primal food, and a productive work day, and everything else you desire.

Your food sounds yummy! Fruit is weird!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Pam! Thanks for coming by! Yep, I'm a laugh a minute in my clown pants. I just got back from the thrift shop, where I got a pair of French Dressing black and gray pinstripe jeans for $1. But there was nothing else. They are made of very stretchy heavy denim in size 10 and fit nicely, not too tight, not too loose. I think they are in fact designed to be quite tight i.e. sexy although for me tight clothes just look like you need to go put on something that fits. Anyway, I also tried on a pair of brown French Dressing jeans in a different material in size 8 and they were way too big, fabric flapping all around my hips and thighs. Go figure. Just the style/cut I guess. I need a straight cut rather than curvy, probably because being over 50 I don't put on weight in my hips, butt, and thighs anymore. That hormone thing, you know. I'm getting a bit long-winded here, but the fact is that I don't want to buy many clothes - summer will be over in a few weeks and if I'm going to get new summer clothes I would rather do that next spring when I will be at my goal weight and more toned. Also I am only going to buy things that I really, really like, quality over quantity, simplify, simplify. Okay, enough about clothes. On to food - had some turkey soup. I love my own turkey soup, just broth, carrots, celery, turkey, butter. I don't put in onions because they make it too sweet (can't believe I am saying that). I think I would like to throw in some scallions when it all ready to eat, though, give it a little zing.

Cats are sprawled under the bed - coolest place in the house. I got a new mat to put under their litter box, actually found one with a little style. Threw out the old manky one. Yes, that's right. Just tossed it in the garbage. Realized it's not a priceless oriental and can just go to the dump. (Sorry, can't recycle that.)

Well, I must go rest now, work tonight.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 07-18-2012 at 07:56 PM.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Yeah, I agree. Why waste money on summer clothes. My goal is always to make it through summer in long sleeves. I refuse to address hot weather except for turning the air conditioner on. Luckily, in the Northwest, we get plenty of overcast days and not too many hot ones. Well, one is too many, but....

In fact, you triggered me. I think I'm going to get a chicken this Friday and make soup with Walla Walla sweet onion, garlic, cilantro, and who knows what else!

I keep getting little balls for the cats because they disappear so fast. Then, I do a big cleaning and throw them in the middle of one of the rooms and, lo and behold, they just disappear again.

Hope you're having a nice rest. Do you ever sleep outside during the day? Thinking with a nightish job that might be an option.

I've often thought of that but have never done it. Would have to rig up some type of shelter or purchase a sunshade thing. Definite possibility.

My new favorite comfort food - zucchini/blue cheese/garlic/walnut thing. Get the youngest zucchini you can find - not hard these days, and peel it. Continue peeling with a vegetable peeler until you have long thin strips. When you get to where there are too many seeds, stop, but with a really young veg there won't be many. Heat a mixture of olive oil and butter (highly recommend both) and saute some minced garlic for a minute or so. Don't burn it. Add zucchini and cook quickly, turning, turning, turning, until it gets limp. Add fresh-ground black pepper, blue cheese, and walnuts. Maybe some salt but use a light hand because the cheese is pretty salty. Cook for only a few seconds, tossing - don't cook the blue cheese too much, you will ruin the flavor. Just until it starts to melt. Put on a plate and eat right away. Try not to make yummy noises. Would be improved with fresh parsley, but I don't have any. Who needs pasta?

Warning - almost no carbs - this is mostly fat - mmmmmmm.....fat.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 07-18-2012 at 01:46 PM.

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

artyscat is offline Senior Member
    Hi Siobhan ! I am going to try out your zucchini recipe tomorrow I have one left that came with my veg box this week which I am wondering what to do with - i just love cheese so think its going to be a hit !! sounds like the cats are doing great ! but maybe without rocketing round at 3am I do have one who wakes me at 5am but thats not so uncivilised !! I haven't found that the food has made them more nocturnal but one does really like to be out all night in the summertime ..

and fantastic about your pants ! wow how exciting and what great progress its so wonderful, congratulations, and just says so much about what we are being told about our diets ...

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    My hair is silver prematurely and it has much more body than it used to (fine and straight before).

Exciting and intriguing about the cat's eating habits changing!

I wish you could scan that pic and upload it onto MDA.

Oh, and I *think* you can freeze pâté... worth a try. And that is why you are a potential size 8 and I a size 18 ... It's hard to imagine there being too much good pâté even without the crackers or toast!

I think the heat is killing my appetite, and probably the cat's too. Although I have never experienced this phenomenon before. Heard about it, but never got it!

Here I am at work, been quite busy. Job security! One of my co-workers cleaned up the office, talk about energy. I definitely don't have the motivation for that, primal or not. Had a salad. Not enough protein today but don't feel like tracking any down. I have some for later, but that will go on tomorrow's tally.

You're right, Kerry, I'm sure I can freeze pate, usually anything with a lot of fat freezes well. I had better do that. Maybe I should cut it into little cubes first. Most practical. I would probably eat more if I had something more appetizing to eat it on - the cucumber slices didn't do it for me. Maybe I should have sliced up the sweet onion?

We are having our yearly health screenings here at work. We get some money off our health insurance if we meet certain parameters. They are quite generous as far as weight and pretty much all of the numbers. They have just changed the cholesterol to be more advantageous. I never had any problems before primal and I don't anticipate any now, but I am very curious to see where I am.

I wish I had some of my zucchini thing. It's the only thing that sounds good now. For anyone interested in making it, you can of course use any kind of cheese and any kind of nut.

I've just noticed that I am smelly. I showered this afternoon, used Ban Roll-On, powder, clean clothes, etc. but I am definitely smelly. What's up with that? Garlic? I don't think I really smell like garlic, but I did eat some today.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 07-18-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Just had some flatiron steak, leafy greens, baby turnips, raspberries. Not a whole lot of appetite but I ate anyway. Yesterday was a pretty low calorie day, just under 1000 and while I know I can live off my fat for 8 months I'm not really interested in doing that. Eating around 2 AM works pretty well when I'm working - then I'm not hungry when I get home but don't have food sloshing around in the tum and can sleep well.

Very busy in the first part of the night, then it mellowed out.

Good morning, Siobhan --

I was wondering if being smelly once in a while is when we are releasing toxins -- like when we IF or eat less calories than normal and our bodies use our stored fat and release some of the toxins in that fat through the skin! Just a thought. Always love your food!
    Last edited by lopisheep; 07-19-2012 at 07:44 PM.