Page 72 of 590 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172572 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 72

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    And here is Slim Cat -

Brothers Ethan and Riley.jpg

He is the black one. His brother is the gray cat but he died of kidney failure about three years ago. You can't really judge the size as they were just about identical except for color - both of them very tall and lanky and slim with medium length silky soft fur.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

tachikomoo is offline Member
    If you take the movies Idiocracy and Wall-E and combine the mental and the physical aspects respectively, I think that is very likely the future of the world if people don't wake up. I don't want to be like that and when its time for kids I certainly don't want my kids to be disadvantaged in any way that I can prevent.

It was silly today at work where I actually offended someone today by declining a cupcake. I told him I very much appreciated the gesture but that I was trying to get healthier. Much huffing and tutting!

edit: Hullo slim cat! You are very fluffy! Incidentally, my very slim cat turns her nose up at anything other than tuna as well. Maybe its a skinny cat specialty?
    Last edited by tachikomoo; 07-13-2012 at 08:02 AM. Reason: slim cat

Why thank you so much! It means a lot to me to hear that all this has some wider use and purpose other than to allow me to ramble on and on.

Yes, tubby cat has weird toes. He has a different number on every foot and some of his claws are missing. Not gone - he was born without them. His feet turn out when he walks and it looks like he is dancing. He does walk around like that - he is incredibly motivated by food and I have taught him a few tricks, like sitting up and walking on his back legs, which he learned IMMEDIATELY. Like I said, he is almost unbelievably motivated by food. Never had a cat like him.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Okay, I got inspired. There is a new pet store in town (not animals, just their stuff) and I got some samples of grain-free foods. Here's hoping.

Had two scrambled eggs with goat cheese and a banana. Did I mention that already? (Note to self: short-term memory needs work.)

AND I got my new Haflinger's today. I am pleased to report they are identical to the pair I purchased 20 years ago. I was worried they might not be the same, but except for the color, they are twins. My feet are so happy.

Slept this afternoon despite the heat. Finished another Warrior book. Those books are like candy, or maybe like popcorn for the mind. So relaxing. I hope lots of kids read them (I know they are popular) because they have a lot of good ideas in them.

Ate tomatoes, goat cheese, avocado, purple pepper. Made sausages and cabbage for later. Also have a smoked chicken.

artyscat is offline Senior Member
    awww Siobhan - your cats are sweet and just love tubby cat can see he is quite a character

They are good boys and make me laugh every day. Very different personalities but both are all cat. I am trying to introduce the new cat food, not doing well so far! They don't think much of it. It is made from human grade ingredients, I am tempted to taste it. I hope they will accept it because it is affordable for me and I like the fact that I just mix up what I need, much less waste. Also no problem with storage. But we will see.

Had a bit of encouraging success in feeding this afternoon. Slim cat was very uninterested in any food, but it was very hot and I didn't worry about it. Then right before I left for work he tucked right in to the new food/old food mixture and ate heartily. I am most concerned about him as he is not a good eater and has a (so far) minor heart problem. Tubby cat will eat when he gets hungry enough, I am sure of that. The plan will be to feed them wet food twice a day with no kibble - will take me awhile to get there. I always worry about getting the amount right, as it is their only source of food. They can't just help themselves to more food if I don't get it right. But I should just read the directions and measure properly and go for it. I will feel a lot better when they are on a better diet.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Maybe slim cat's heart will settle down with a grain free diet? hope he figures out that it is better for him Cats can be slow to change and real fussy (I am sure this is not news to you!) but you have already had some success so looks hopeful there. Will check out the link - thanks for that. I have to agree with your rant - the saddest thing to see children needlessly impacted by poor education and choices and the medical propaganda. Don't even start me on vaccinations, routine medical advice and prenatal 'care' .... I know there are a lot of reasons for the health / mental challenges we all face, but I feel that a huge percentage of it could at least be helped by better food, rest, education etc
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.