Page 67 of 519 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 67

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    This is not good about your deposit. Do you have any lawyer friends who can advise you? I know you want to be nice, but you have to get that money back. The first thing might be a letter outlining the delay, your concerns, and that the money is due and you'd like a date he will pay it, maybe?

Or type up a confirmation that he owes it and will pay in x days that you get him to sign?

This is very worrying and maybe you should get some informal advice. Yes, he's broken the law and sounds like he had all along. I sure don't want you losing your deposit.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I do, there is an advantage to being a church-goer. A very nice lawyer from my church has offered to help me, first on an informal basis. He said that often a simple professional phone call can work, and he is happy to do this gratis. We're going to give him until the end of the day and tomorrow he will call him. This is a very small town, I doubt he wants this to get around.

Funny, every month when I called him (early) and said I had the rent, he would be there in 10 minutes to pick it up - he would even leave work to pick it up. This actually did worry me a little, because it seemed a little desperate. I mean, who doesn't need money? I surely do, but I don't stampede to get to it.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Excellent, you have it covered perfectly. I know what it is like to have no money, but never got a new car and went on vacation at the same time. Hmph.

I'm dreaming of roast chicken blue cheese bacon etc thanks to you. Gonna have it for breakfast lunch & dinner tomorrow

Mr. F. the lawyer just dropped off the money! He said he was sitting in his office, not really busy, and decided to go visit Mr. Dirtbag. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall. Mr. F said he said something along the lines of "Judith must have misunderstood that you don't have her deposit. It is a legal requirement that you have that money kept separately from your other funds. Obviously she misunderstood, so let's go to the bank right now and get her money."

And that is how I got my deposit back. And I have opened a bottle of wine to celebrate even though it is only 2 PM. I don't have to work today, why not?

Chicken-bacon-avocado-blue cheese-chicken-bacon-avocado-blue cheese-chicken-bacon-avocado-blue cheese-

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

June68 is offline Senior Member
    Way to go! Glad you got that sorted. And why not celebrate? You've got a lot of positivity in your life right now!
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

RestlessLegs is offline Junior Member
    Siobhan,
    Congrats on your new place. It sounds absolutely wonderful!

About meeting someone to do things with - have you checked out meetup.com. I am a member of several hiking groups through that site and I have been having so much fun. I have a boyfriend, so I didn't join to meet a significant other, but just to have people to go do things with, as boyfriend works A LOT!

There are wine tasting groups, book clubs, etc - lots of options. I have met the nicest people through that site. Last Friday night we did a 1000 ft. elevation hike, over to a saloon in a small town, did karaoke for 2 hours, then hiked back by moonlight. It was a blast.

Oh YAY oh YAY you got your money!!!!! Yipppeeeee!!!

Enjoy your celebration *hic*

WISH-I-had-chicken-avocado-bacon-blue cheese-WISH-I-had-chicken-avocado-bacon-blue cheese-WISH-I-had-chicken-avocado-bacon-blue cheese-WISH-I-had-chicken-avocado-bacon-blue cheese-

Thanks for that, Cheryl, it looks very promising. There is actually stuff sort-of close to me - one problem I have in looking at online dating etc. is there is no one even remotely close to me. Just part of living in a very sparsely populated area. But there are several groups in the mid-coast, one that goes to restaurants looks fun - I will just be sure there is meat on the menu!

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Siobhan - I will send positive thoughts for meeting someone to do things with. I'm glad you got your deposit back. Hope you have another great day!
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

RestlessLegs is offline Junior Member
    Siobhan - I know what you mean about trying to date online, when living in a sparsely populated area. I live in a small foothill community and was having trouble with the online dating thing a few years ago. The great thing about joining other groups, not associated with dating per se, is that you never know if you'll meet someone that says, "Oh, I'd love for you to meet my brother, friend, cousin, etc..." That is actually how I met my boyfriend now, through an introduction of friends of friends, etc. I was about to give up on dating when we met.
    The group that goes to restaurants sounds like a fun place to start meeting people. And, yes, just make sure they aren't a vegan group! HA!