Page 66 of 590 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166566 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 66

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    There's a science singles website where scientifically minded and clever people post for friendship and romance. Seemed a step above the average site. I wish I could remember the name...

On a different note, a friend picked up a canon rebel at a tag sale not realizing it was a film camera not a digital. Would you like it? Or does the fact it's film make it a no-go? (It did for me). If you'd like it, it's yours. I haven't checked it out, just put it in the garage for now.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the offer, but no film for me either. I'll get an inexpensive digital sometime soon.

Hmmm, I'm going to look for that site. Can't search for it at work because of the filter. I can try on my Kindle Fire, but it's kind of tedious. I think I need to go on a site where everyone has to pay. That provides a bit of a filter.

I was looking at a site, can't remember which, and I saw a picture of a guy I actually went out to dinner with quite a few years ago, I think it was 2003. He is still using the same picture!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Found a couple of sites not blocked by the filter, but they are really small and don't have anyone in Maine at all. Alas.

Very hot today, finding ways to cool the place. This place gets lots and lots and lots of sun, which is very good because we need to gather sun here in Maine. I realized that my windows open from the top! So I can open them all and the cats can't lay against the screens, which could turn out very badly.

Weird thing happened. I opened a can of tuna and started to eat it plain - too hot to think of cooking. Slim cat jumped up and muscled his way into the bowl and ate freely. He had NEVER shown the slightest interest in anything I eat. I was astonished.

Now I am off to the other room, which is ten degrees cooler -

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Enjoying a glass of mead. Such good stuff! I should have stocked up, this is my last glass. I have a bottle of wine, but this mead is tasting pretty good. I need to unwind after seeing my old landlord - who failed for the second day in a row to give me my deposit back, because he 'didn't get to the bank.' This is the same man who insisted that I pay IN CASH every month (which I think is illegal - or should be). Also I paid my rent early every month I lived there - 14 months, left the place in better shape than I found it, made improvements that he didn't pay for - there were no doorknobs on the bedroom doors HELLO!!!!!! I know he will give me the money, but I really just want the money and want it to be over and done with. I have a lot to do and I'm moving forward full speed, don't want to be held back by other people's B.S. Funny, as much B.S. as I think I have on my own, other people seem to always have more.

Have a chicken, an avocado, blue cheese, bacon, and leafy greens for dinner. Now we're talking!

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    I don't blame you about the camera... I was so disappointed when it wasn't digital. I couldn't go back now.

Trying very hard not to have dinner envy now

Oh indeed, it was a dinner worth envying! Also amazing how much I can eat now that I don't include empty calories. Shame about the mead, though. Four ounces wasn't enough! The white wine should be chilled now, though.

Dinner was so good, I had it for breakfast. Ate too much though, am uncomfortably full. I don't do that very often. I woke up at 6 AM, a bit hungry, but decided to do some fasted exercise. Nothing fancy - just a lot of carrying heavy things up stairs. Put in about 30 minutes, then finished my book (#3 in the Warrior series, that I am completely sucked into) and feasted on chicken, avocado, blue cheese, and leaves. No bacon this morning because I forgot it. EVOO and BV of course. Quarter of a cantaloupe, tea.

Lots of unpacking to do, oddly enough I am looking forward to it. Everything is falling into place. My new home is fantastic. It is just two large rooms separated by a hallway with a bathroom and a stairway. There is also a good-sized landing, large enough to use as living space. I'm trying to decide which room I like better, but it depends of what kind of mood I'm in. One room is large, light, airy with 5 skylights and large French doors. It is where I sleep, but is not really a bedroom - more of a combination space. I have my bed fitted out to look like a daybed, with a large plain cover and throw pillows. It has a nice upholstered chair, a desk with my computer, my bookshelves, my artwork on one entire wall. Behind a screen live my laundry machines, brand spanking new and wonderful. The other room is the kitchen, also a combination room, with a sofa built into a nook and a compact, spartan kitchen on the opposite wall. Two skylights and four windows make this room also light and airy, but the wood paneling gives it a cozy feel. Also a kitchen table, an upholstered chair. Both rooms have closets and cabinets built in, as does the hallway and bathroom. Both rooms also have doors that shut securely and separate thermostats. In January and February I might retreat to the kitchen/living room and save money on heat, but maybe not. I will have to see. During the day I am preferring the big open room, and at night the cozy kitchen room is very appealing.

Still not stinky. Although I am showering or at least washing thoroughly every day, I don't smell. I think it is the lack of sugar. The bacteria don't have anything good to feed on. I couldn't not wash my hair, though. I tried just rinsing it, but it was icky and more trouble than it was worth. I don't wash it every day, though, I have pulled out an old shower cap and use that to keep my still-clean hair dry. I'm washing it maybe 4 times a week. I just look at it, feel it, and decide if it needs a wash.

Unfortunately my soap-tooth-brushing has ended, my teeth started to hurt. I loved it, though, my teeth felt so clean and stayed clean. Do they need remineralizing? Is that why they started to ache?

Meeting the old landlord at 11 AM this morning to get my deposit back. He had better give it to me this time! He is just stalling and stalling. I wonder if he doesn't have it? There is no problem at all with the house, he told me that repeatedly. Of course I knew that already, I left it in considerably better shape than I found it.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Your new place sounds wonderful. Thanks for the description: I was a good image in my head now. I like to be able to 'picture' people when I think of them. (Yes, this does mean I think of you- hope that's not creepy. Most recently, on Friday, when we stopped by the house of one of Middlest's friends. They were helping one of their neighbors, who had been evicted(!) by storing things for them, so the place was crammed with desperate hodgepodge. I thought of you moving that weekend, and what a happier and serener event yours was to be.) I made my son gives us a skype tour of his summer apartment last time we talked, so that I could have a mental image of him in his habitat.
    Good luck on getting your money today. Fingers crossed.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Go ahead and start the journal, Peds. Just blather on like I do -
    Okay Siobhan, I've taken the plunge. Hopefully folks will be nice!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Great Pedidoc, I can't wait to check it out. I'll be sure and put the hackers on to you really soon, so you can join the club. (JOKE!)

I'm glad you enjoyed the description, Sabine, I was feeling a bit like Anne Frank when I was writing it. My attic hideaway, but I am not sharing it with seven other people and I don't have to worry about Nazis finding my door behind a bookcase. I was just looking at the Anne Frank website, there is an awesome virtual tour. And your story about people getting evicted is another reality check for me, one that I need and that cheered me up in an odd way - because I just came from the meeting with my landlord, and I didn't get my deposit back. Not because I did any damage. Because he doesn't have the money. He just doesn't have it, or says he doesn't. The new renters's check bounced, and he is using their deposit to pay me back. I am very upset for the obvious reason that it is a lot of money to me, but even more so because it is such a betrayal of trust. I was an excellent renter, he has said so repeatedly, I paid my rent early and in full every single month and have the receipts to prove it. Funny how he just bought a new car and went on holiday, but can't come up with my deposit, which incidentally by law is supposed to be kept separately in an interest-bearing account. What goes around comes around...

While we're on the subject, I have a few more thoughts on poo. You might not want to read this next bit.

I used to get a fair amount of reading done in the loo. I even purchased special books to read there, large paperbacks at used bookstores for cheap prices, then I would throw them away when finished. That gives you some idea, I actually had a bathroom reading plan. Somehow all that whole wheat bread and insoluble fiber wasn't doing the trick. But I didn't even realize it there was anything wrong, it was normal for me. Now I get my business done so quickly there is no time to read. YaY for fat!