Page 55 of 590 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155555 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 55

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yes, that is exactly how I do it. You can also use prosciutto or pancetta if you want to go more upmarket. And I left out the most important ingredient! Blue cheese! Of course you might not like blue cheese, or maybe you don't do dairy. Any cheese or no cheese is okay. I usually cut the garlic in large pieces and give it a very quick saute, less than a minute, but if you love raw garlic then just throw it in any way you like.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    I cannot, will not give up blue cheese. I have a little on every BASalad.

Mmmmm... blue cheese.

Thank you, I will DEFINITELY try this!

IMHO, walnuts, parsley, and blue cheese, which are the backbone of this recipe, are one of nature's great combinations.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Whew, busy night here! We almost had to call a Level 1 Triage, which is when we put out an emergency call for more personnel. We had people in the hallways, the entryway, everywhere. Hmmmm. Need a bigger hospital sometimes.

Was really hungry earlier. Ate chicken, avocado, shrimp, raspberries. Mmmmm.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Siobhan,
    I've enjoyed reading your thoughts. I'm impressed that you so easy have changed to primal eating. Do you think it helps that you don't have CW people living with you who insist on their grains and yes even junk food being in the house? Has any one said fine, but I'm not shopping for those things? Here's a small cabinet for your bad habits? I'm trying to figure out how to deal with DH and DS#2 who live in the same house with me. DH would be okay if he could continue with rice, tortillas, and chips. DS is a pizza, chips, and junk food person. I can't even get DH to move to brown rice. He's been out of town the last two nights and dinner was so easy for me. Sorry to vent........

Pedidoc, I think of this all of the time. I am sure that not having CW people around is a huge factor in my success. I not only live alone, at work I eat alone also. I have a big office all to myself for 12 hours and no one knows what I eat. I rarely eat out, and when I do it is at a fairly nice restaurant where it is easy to stay primal. I am looking forward to going to a classic French restaurant and ordering bone marrow sometime soon. I do understand; I have always been very sensitive about people making comments about my food, whatever it is I happen to be eating. I admire you for doing this in spite of the opposition or maybe even outright hostility. I just have my two cats, and they are totally on board, obviously!

I have a ginormous squash in the oven right now. It will be enough squash for a month. Even for me! I'm snacking on the seeds right now with a glass of red wine.

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Even my CATs are SAD. The greediest of the 3 was blank when I offered him little slivers of raw liver. Completely uninterested and rather offended. Deli ham (for the SAD family) drives him absolutely bonkers, however.

There are days, as much as I love DH and sons, that I wish it was the 2 dogs and me. They are defiantly primal! I know what you mean about other folks looking at you weird when you eat differently. Since I travel so much, I eat out a lot. Once I find a sympathetic waiter, I tend to stick with them - even if it means eating at the same place 4 days in a row! They learn, no bread, no potato, no grains and my favorite waiter comes up with different creative combinations from the menu for me. That seems almost easier than dealing with meals at home since there are no temptations in my hotel room. I love reading all the female journals and the she groks only forum. They reinforce I'm doing the right thing and give me a "safe" place to vent. Thanks!

I am so glad you can come here and find sympathetic souls! I've been to almost the same place - I was a flight attendant for 20 years and traveled constantly. Although I wasn't primal then, it was so difficult to find anything to eat that wasn't either fast food, terribly expensive, or even what I really wanted to eat. Or a combination of those things! My last years on that job I tried to eat a kind of primitive 'high protein' diet - try getting - and paying for - a decent amount of meat and a nicely-cooked vegetable in a hotel restaurant, no matter the price. And eating on the airplane - even when you bring your own food, people feel free to walk up and make inane comments - just thinking back on that makes me shudder. Families are wonderful, no doubt about that, but some things are easier when you are given a lot of leeway.

I just ate my squash/former pasta sauce blue cheese/walnut/parsley thing. Not only was it wonderfully delicious, it was extremely filling. I made a very small amount and had to force myself to finish it. I know, you are thinking, just eat until you are full! But I haven't eaten much today, and it is not a good idea right now for me to not eat. Maybe when I have been primal longer - I have discovered that if I have a day under 1000 calories, I will have an energy crash the next day. Can't afford any energy crashes right now. I'm at 1500 calories for the day, a whopping 75% fat. Woo-hoo!

Have you watched Christopher Gardener's lecture linked on MDA today? It is terrific stuff. A real scientific study, very well presented. I am, of course, a complete geek.

My cats are sadly SAD. They love Fancy Feast and my attempts to feed them better diets have failed miserably. They do not, however, make any comments about what or when or why I eat. Maybe I would like people better if they didn't talk...

Out of curiosity what is your profession now? I found a recipe for cooking spaghetti squash in a slow cooker. I'm thinking it will cook while at the clinic working. Then I can add a tasty sauce - love blue cheese, so may borrow your idea.