Page 543 of 590 FirstFirst ... 43443493533541542543544545553 ... LastLast
Results 5,421 to 5,430 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 543

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    You know it's funny, I spent a good part of my life totally and completely addicted to coffee and now I can take it or leave it. I mostly leave it. Tea now, that's different. Can't really live without tea.

I think I bought the coffee drink because I was really tired and I saw the double shot espresso thing and thought it was the ticket. But I am not succumbing to the siren song. No more. Too pricey. Three dollars for this little bottle! Although I might start up a cold brew for the summer. Cold brewed coffee is mighty tasty.

K update for those inquiring minds: I had decided it was time to re-establish work friendliness and get things back to normal so I can erase all vestiges of stress in that regard. I got my work done so I had some free time. He came into my office and started chatting just like always, just as he has for these past months. It was a relief that it was that easy and yet kind of surreal.

Spent a lot of time with the bike guy in the lab. He is showing me all sorts of stuff. Damn, I wish I had lots of $$$$$ to buy bike gear. He and his wife do a lot of rides and he is sure I will enjoy going on these things - even if one is not particularly social, it is nice to ride in groups. Now I just have to pray for some decent weather! And a bike rack. My car will look way cool with a bike rack on top.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Well, I'm up, ready for work with an hour to spare, pipe is fixed! YAHOO! Seriously, it took him less than five minutes. And guess what? Plumber's gone paleo! Lost sixty pounds.

Had a really fun dream involving someone I work with. Yes, it was randy. Quite randy. No, the co-worker is not available for actual randiness. Damn paleo! To think I was worried about my libido being dead. Now I'm wondering how to kill it.

Totally unrelated - the &%$#@ face rash thing - a few weeks ago I stopped taking Vit E and black cohosh. I wanted to see how I would do without them. As the hot flashes have increased to unpleasant levels, I started up again two days ago. Result: No hot flashes. Rash is gone.

I thought I had boatloads of food, but I am on my last serving of chili and my last bit of beef stew is at work. Nom nom.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Here I am at work...kinda tired...my third night. They had a crazy day, glad I wasn't here.

Heel is still a little tender. Seriously annoying.

I found that %$#* coffee/almond milk drink in a handy and economical 48 oz. bottle. Of course I bought it. The cashier told me they can't keep it in stock.

My evening meal was eggplant dip, rice crackers, and a Fuji apple.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    ace bandage wrap???
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Tip for Today

Don’t focus so much on making yourself feel good.

“The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.” - Mark Twain

This may be a bit of a counter-intuitive tip. But as I wrote yesterday, one of the best ways to feel good about yourself is to make someone else feel good or to help them in some way.

This is a great way to look at things to create an upward spiral of positivity and exchange of value between people. You help someone and both of you feel good. The person you helped feels inclined to give you a hand later on since people tend to want to reciprocate. And so the both of you are feeling good and helping each other.

Those positive feelings are contagious to other people and so you may end up making them feel good too. And the help you received from your friend may inspire you to go and help another friend. And so the upward spiral grows and continues.

Pic for Today

The Golden Gate Bridge under construction around 1935.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Ooooh I love historical pics.

Well, slept well for around 3 hours and now I'm up! Because I'm going into some days (nights) off and I want to enjoy some of the day and get normal. It's hard to work my three nights in a row but such a nice feeling when it is done. And it works out for longer free time.

Am drinking a glass of mineral water. I need to make this a habit instead of automatically reaching for tea when I wake up. I bought some mineral drops and for awhile I was drinking away but then stopped for some reason. So I'm starting again.

Wow, kinda sleepy...might need to snooze some more...

Hey! The scanties are here! Wow! I want to go out in public in just my undies, they are that nice! I don't want to put my clothes back on. And so comfortable. When you get a new bra you realize how stretched out and useless the old ones are.

Coincidentally I received the results of my girly checkup from last week - totally clean, see you next year. They were able to get my previous mammograms from Massachusetts and so I am all set. Also pap and other stuff all A-Okay. I wasn't worried, but still it is wonderful to open those letters and have it in print that I have no concerns in these areas.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 05-09-2014 at 12:34 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    After saying I can't wear nightgowns, I am finding myself lusting after these: Sleepwear for Women - Pajamas, Robes, Sleepshirts & More - Soma