Page 504 of 590 FirstFirst ... 4404454494502503504505506514554 ... LastLast
Results 5,031 to 5,040 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 504

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Feeling VERY stressed and cranky. Hate feeling like this. Normally I am not moody, although I have a fairly low tolerance for some things.

This morning I went to a demo for a new class at the Y - Tony's Dance Fiesta. Yes, I attempted to dance. Sort of. I was hopeless but luckily it didn't matter. I discovered that Tony, who is Latin, has a joint in his hips that I don't have. It was all salsa, samba, Colombian folk dance, stuff like that. Fairly simple but still I found it quite a stretch to my comfort zone. Maybe I shouldn't be stretching my comfort zone so much. I'm not going to take it regularly in any case because it costs $8 a class! Ay-yi-yi. This one was a free demo.

Then I swam, felt fantastic in the pool. I feel like a different being in the water. I am so happy I decided to learn to swim properly, what a difference it makes. I am still working on it, of course, but I feel I have traveled several light years. I am breathing easily on both sides, and I breathe every third stroke which is perfect right now. I count swimming as moving slowly and also as stress relief, meditation, and ego boosting.

Now it gets weird. I threw down $3 for the TRX/cycling class and when I got there found there was a sub for the guy I liked so much, Mike. A young woman with a very screechy voice was playing Taylor Swift. I said I didn't really like the music, and she said, "This song is almost over." The next one was Katy Perry. I grabbed my water and towel and left. She ran after me and said she could change the music, but I just kept walking. I know that was really rude of me, but I'm kind of touchy right now. Can't really take any extra stress. The other people in the class were probably freaked out. They didn't like the music either, I heard three of them talking about not liking it. But people don't usually bail. I can't stand it, though, I just can't listen to music I don't like. I love music too much to be able to tune it out or deal with it. Also, it was completely the wrong tempo. I'll be sure to ask next time if the instructor is Mike. I also like the woman from Saturday, Doreen. (I'm putting this here so I can refer back to it.)

Had some Spam and an apple. Spam is way too salty. I give it a bath before I eat it.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Weird! But better than my thought......
    Yeah, that would be scary! I've had minor problems in the left corner of my mouth, very slight, for some time. The bit at the corner of my nose is new. It looks like eczema, but I've never had it there before.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

While I'm talking about icky things, might as well mention my intestines haven't been happy for several days now. I think it has been five or so days since everything was normal. Yeah, I'm really happy!

Feeling ashamed and disgusted with myself. Very cranky. Had a good sleep though. Can't complain about that.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    The crabbys are going around......
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    hey up days and down days happen. I always consider it the balance of life. Perhaps view the crabbys as just a turn in the circle.

I think I've been keeping up a brave front during the things that have happened to me lately and I am just tired of pretending everything is cool. Yah, there are worse problems than the ones I have. Mine are probably pretty tame. But why did this weird thing with K have to happen? Are there some deities around somewhere who wanted to play a sick joke on me? Couldn't I just have gone along the way I was going? Did I have to get a carrot dangled in front of me, so very tantalizingly close, and then get it snatched away? WTF?

I made a list of stuff I have to get done very soon and that really put me in a funk.

1. Switch tires
    2. Get car aligned
    3. Get mammogram
    4. Get gyn visit over with
    5. Get travel plans for visiting family in June finalized
    6. Get new filling tomorrow

Nothing but fun here! Yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck. Oh poor me. Whine whine whine whine whine.

My throat hurts and I have a rash on my face. Okay, I'm done now.

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    Maybe you just need a little cheese with your whine!?!

I got a rash like that when I tried to introduce potatoes back into my diet. Antihistamines and cortisone gel seemed to help.

Sometimes you need to have a good pity party and then pamper yourself a little. You get it all out, kind of like a good cry, and then move on. I think you need to make or pick up a favorite meal and watch the Princess Bride will snuggling with some kitties. That always gets me out of a funk but I'm kind of odd.

I hope you feel less cranky soon!

That sounds like a super idea actually. I have been finding myself crying a little bit at weird times which is so unlike the primal me that it is disturbing. (When I was SAD I cried all of the time. I was REALLY SAD! )

Hmmm....I had potatoes last week...don't normally eat potatoes....

I looked at the expiration date on my cortisone cream and was rather surprised to see it was February 2011. I don't place too much stock in expiration dates but three years is a bit much. Possibly there were no active ingredients left? I bought a new tube and slathered it on thickly, left it for a few minutes and wiped off the excess. It seems to have helped greatly. I took Benadryl last Thursday and Friday nights, but felt so out of sorts from it on Saturday that I didn't take it again. It did help, though. Of course I only take it when I am going to sleep as that state is inevitable on Benadryl. I also grabbed a topical Benadryl, which I have never used but will try tomorrow.

Non-pet people won't understand, but my cats are such a help at this time, especially Oboe. He always loves me no matter what and he loves to cuddle. They all like sleeping with me, too and they never cancel. They always have time for me.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I think I've been keeping up a brave front during the things that have happened to me lately and I am just tired of pretending everything is cool. Yah, there are worse problems than the ones I have. Mine are probably pretty tame. But why did this weird thing with K have to happen? Are there some deities around somewhere who wanted to play a sick joke on me? Couldn't I just have gone along the way I was going? Did I have to get a carrot dangled in front of me, so very tantalizingly close, and then get it snatched away? WTF?

I made a list of stuff I have to get done very soon and that really put me in a funk.

1. Switch tires
    2. Get car aligned
    3. Get mammogram
    4. Get gyn visit over with
    5. Get travel plans for visiting family in June finalized
    6. Get new filling tomorrow

Nothing but fun here! Yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck. Oh poor me. Whine whine whine whine whine.

My throat hurts and I have a rash on my face. Okay, I'm done now.
    Okay, the car deal is no biggie, make an appt, bring a good book or mag, apple & booch, and wait it out.

Mammo and gyno, it sucks but you'll feel so proud and happy that it's done. If u feel anxious, ask them to give u something.

Planning family time easy, do it and be glad you got a fam, lots of folks have no one.

Tell dentist to crank up the gas, you've been in a funk lately and u need a hit or 2 to calm down before the dang drill. When done, another thing to be done with and glad of it.

I think the volunteer bicycle project sounds great. That way you can still meet loads of people, see how it's done and have plenty of time to train for next year.

Hope you feel better. Keep up the exercise, drinks loads of filtered water and don't forget to do deep breathing, especially before anything stressful. Big hug.