Page 504 of 591 FirstFirst ... 4404454494502503504505506514554 ... LastLast
Results 5,031 to 5,040 of 5901

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan

Shop Now
    Banned headphones from military posts? I can sort of follow the logic a little bit but seems like you could wear one ear in certain areas. Course the military doesn't really think that way, does it?

I'm the opposite - have never liked exercising to music. I've done it a bit from time to time, especially back in my chronic cardio days, but I am very particular about which music. (Obviously....)
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Well, I filled out the volunteer application for the bike trip. I hope I get accepted!

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Banned headphones from military posts? I can sort of follow the logic a little bit but seems like you could wear one ear in certain areas. Course the military doesn't really think that way, does it?

I'm the opposite - have never liked exercising to music. I've done it a bit from time to time, especially back in my chronic cardio days, but I am very particular about which music. (Obviously....)
    Does seem a bit bizarre the headphone thing, but they makes rules for a reason I s'pose, even if they are daft....I'm with you on the music, I've never really listened to it when training, even out running/cycling as I like to be aware of whats going on around me, don't want to concentrate on a song, when there's plenty of traffic to dodge....

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Well, I filled out the volunteer application for the bike trip. I hope I get accepted!
    Good luck with that, and hope you're feeling better.

Ah yes. I get to feeling bad when I have a long mental list of "have to do'" that I don't want to do.

The K thing is definitely unfair. We all feel it for you.

Mood is an interesting thing. I find that just a few too many negative or stressful things throughout the day can really change things for the worse. I have also walked out of gym classes if the situation was making me crazy. I have pretended to get suddenly ill. lol

If its a volunteer position why would they be picky and choosy about who they have on board? Obviously I have no idea what position you will playing in this race. I'm sure you'll be chosen - why would you not? You're in great shape and you have boundless energy!

I'm pretty sure they will accept my application, but they are quite careful - I am sure they run a CORI or whatever it is called, also your driving record. LL Bean is the sponsor, and if you know anything about Bean, they don't do things half-assed. I'm not quite sure how it works, accommodation and such. I assume we sleep in tents but I don't know exactly. It sounds really fun and really scary also! I think I would like to work at an aid station on the course. I think my BLS/CPR/PALS certs will be useful to them.

Of course it never rains but it pours - just got an email about a workshop I attend every year and naturally it overlaps the ride. Well, it's early days yet. Last year we ended up moving the workshop so I'm not going to worry too much about it now.

Well, I'm about to cry. Ex just texted me that he has a bike for me, a really nice one. He used to be a bike racer and he has some connections. An old friend had a spare bike, it will need some work but it is a very nice road bike and it will fit nicely. He can be very sweet, my Ex! I am so excited! I didn't ask what color it is, that is way too girly. But I wonder what color it is? I hope it is blue or red.

Okay, this is totally junior high but I'm going to do it. Help me out here. This morning I saw K only briefly as he had an early patient. He was very nice and kissed me and all (in private of course) and I asked when we are going to get together again. He started to ask when I am free and we were interrupted and never got to make plans. So I have formulated a text that I would like critiqued.

"Hi K, hope you had a good day. Would love to see you outside of the pressure cooker and not wearing scrubs. Do you have any free time this week? Just a drink or a coffee would be nice. You could show me one of your local watering holes. "

So what do you think? It is excruciating to send off these things and wait for replies! Should I be cheekier?

I think its perfect.............. hit SEND!

^ I agree.
    Female 54
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Shop Now
    Yep, send it. A kiss, no doubt!!!! Things are looking up!!
    (And I was so mad at him)