Page 44 of 590 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144544 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 44

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    KerryK- have you read Fonda LaShay's link on remineralizing your teeth? Very interesting.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    No, I haven't thought of drinking with a straw. I'm a fierce brusher and flosser, though. My dentist is always astounded. I must look up that post on remineralizing teeth as I plan to use mine for quite some time - need them to chew meat!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    No, I haven't thought of drinking with a straw. I'm a fierce brusher and flosser, though. My dentist is always astounded. I must look up that post on remineralizing teeth as I plan to use mine for quite some time - need them to chew meat!
    I used to brush way too hard and my enamel was thin even as a child. I love lemon, vinegar and, sadly, my prior SAD existence included lots of coke *wince*. So my front teeth look almost transparent now. I have investigated remineralization and I'm hoping it works!!!
    Last edited by KerryK; 05-31-2012 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Dang cell phone errors

I live in the land of poor dental hygiene - apparently my level of attention to my teeth is somewhat rare. I remember going to my current dentist for the first time - he looked in my mouth and exclaimed, "YOU FLOSS!"

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    KerryK- have you read Fonda LaShay's link on remineralizing your teeth? Very interesting.
    I just saw this Sabine... No, I don't think so... I'll look for it.

This is the best article I found. How to Remineralize Teeth Naturally | Wellness Mama I'm following a lot of this, recently made her remineralizing toothpaste, and ordered the brush and oil from oralwellness but haven't received them yet.

Here I am at work, getting caught up on things (I bring my mail and open it here - that way I can throw most of it in recycling). Big news. Big, big news. I have found a wonderful new place to live. A gentleman at my church, a retired thoracic surgeon, has a finished apartment over his garage and it is available. He had all the work done himself and it is all quality. Radiant floor heating! Propane! Heated garage! All utilities paid! Tons of storage and closets, two of them cedar! The price - half what I pay now. Did I mention the ocean view from one side and rolling hills on the other, the skylights that make it open and sunny, the superb neighborhood, pet-friendly, very private. My new landlord, besides being a really great guy, and his partner, another really great guy, are avid gardeners and bird-lovers.

I'm so excited, I feel like I have won the lottery. This is huge for me financially, and this will be much more like a real home for me, even though I am renting. I can count on it being available for as long as I want and I will be able to afford it indefinitely. The money I will save will go a long way on my road back to financial security, which is somewhat stalled by my rather high living expenses at present.

Anyway, I have to take a deep breath and stay grounded!

I just read Fonda's post about teeth and brushed my teeth with soap! Cool! I'm at work and just used what we have. Castile soap concentrate - liquid, bad - says contains potassium coconate derived from pure coconut oil and water. My teeth feel shockingly clean. It was fun too, very sudsy. There was virtually no taste.

Just looked at the link above - apparently liquid Castile soap is good - it is what she uses in her remineralizing toothpaste. I like this idea a lot, making my own toothpaste.

Work got really, really crazy just before I left - have to center myself and calm down.

Just ate the rest of my egg/squash/cheese thing. Off to bed now.

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Here I am at work, getting caught up on things (I bring my mail and open it here - that way I can throw most of it in recycling). Big news. Big, big news. I have found a wonderful new place to live. A gentleman at my church, a retired thoracic surgeon, has a finished apartment over his garage and it is available. He had all the work done himself and it is all quality. Radiant floor heating! Propane! Heated garage! All utilities paid! Tons of storage and closets, two of them cedar! The price - half what I pay now. Did I mention the ocean view from one side and rolling hills on the other, the skylights that make it open and sunny, the superb neighborhood, pet-friendly, very private. My new landlord, besides being a really great guy, and his partner, another really great guy, are avid gardeners and bird-lovers.

I'm so excited, I feel like I have won the lottery. This is huge for me financially, and this will be much more like a real home for me, even though I am renting. I can count on it being available for as long as I want and I will be able to afford it indefinitely. The money I will save will go a long way on my road back to financial security, which is somewhat stalled by my rather high living expenses at present.

Anyway, I have to take a deep breath and stay grounded!
    This sounds like a dream come true!! Fabulous, just FABULOUS!!

Yes, I am still floating on air about finding my new home - it is better than I could have hoped for. It is hard not to believe there was some type of divine hand guiding me, although my personal beliefs don't encompass that sort of thing. I don't pray for specific things but rather for courage and wisdom and strength to make good decisions and speak up when I should and remain silent when I should. In this case I got it right.

My cats will love the new place, it is very sunny and they love sun.

I've gone toothpaste-less. It is great! Brushing with soap is fun and my teeth have never felt so clean. I have some goat milk soap that does not list glycerine among the ingredients. I am using that with a bit of coconut oil. That will do for now, I will think about making some remineralizing toothpaste when I am a bit less pressed for time. What am I going to do with all that toothpaste I bought on sale and have stockpiled? Maybe the food bank will take it.

Next thing to check is hair care/washing - getting away from shampoo and all the bogus claims and benefits that I haven't actually experienced. Maybe the goat milk soap would be good for that too -

Really have to go get ready for work -