Page 43 of 590 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143543 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 43

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Took another load of books to the used bookstore, along with a large number of plastic bags. They were very happy to receive both of those. I will tackle my clothes next week and have a real clean-out. Everything worn, faded, stained, frayed, frumpy, doesn't fit - all will go. I will be left with one small closet of clothes that all go together or have a matching piece, that fit, that are relatively up-to-date, and that I feel good wearing.

Got a slight headache, a right sinus-y thing, after the smoothie. An ice-cream headache? I don't think so, it wasn't that cold. Hmmm.

Went to the store and got that squash. Couldn't resist. I am absolutely not going to buy any more food until I eat down what I have. In fact I am off to inventory the refrigerator right now!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    I've just caught up with your journal after several days. *sigh* I want to comment so often, but never do.

I'm excited to eventually see the movie with Judi Dench, Bill Nigh, Maggie Smith and Penelope Wilton! With so much talent in the mix I wouldn't mind 2 hours of them standing around and chatting!

And I hope the possible new place is exciting for you and still near the goats & Nature.

And, finally, how wonderful to be getting those spontaneous and unsolicited compliments on your looks. Your new way of life must be making your eyes bright and skin glow!

Just put another omelet/squash thing in the oven. Am cooking it like a big pancake again because I like to cut it in strips and roll it up. It looks like an omelet that way, and also I can put stuff in it, like avocado. I cooked the squash in the oven, the old-fashioned way, and was much happier with the result. It was cooked through evenly and there was no waste at all. Also I cooked the seeds at the same time.

For dinner I am going to have a steak, broccoli slaw, red pepper, and avocado.

Very disappointed in TV tonight. Usually this is my science TV night, with Nova and Nature on PBS. But tonight it is a double-whammy about snakes, which I have already seen and have no desire to see again. I'm not particularly scared of snakes, but I don't particularly like them either.

Reading two great books - one is Thomas Merton - A Life in Letters, which is really interesting as it is presented in chronological order, letting the reader see his spiritual development in a new way. I am surprised at how much I am enjoying it. The other is The Worst-Case Scenario Almanac - Great Outdoors, which is morbidly fascinating. Lots of cautionary tales of survival in all sorts of different scenarios, with advice on what to do should one find oneself in some bizarre dangerous situation.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Just sent a load of answers to Mark's questions about primal in the real world. It was really fun thinking about it and putting it down on paper. (Well, figure of speech.) I am really looking forward to his new book coming out, and seeing the answers other people have submitted.

I'm so glad you enjoy my journal, Kerry. I look at the hits and wonder who is reading it and what they think. I admit I spend more time writing my own journal than making comments on others. It has become quite important to me and gives me lots of ideas.

I've been having the strangest dreams lately. Has to do with the back medicine, I think! Well, off to the chiropractor now.

What a day so far. Woke up at 5 AM full of energy, and had a chiropractor's appointment at 8, so up I got. Started in on some housework, cleaned out the woodstove and vacuumed - big mistake. I realized my back hurt almost as badly as it did when I started on this odyssey. How lucky I had the appointment! Hobbled in there and when he started poking around back there, it was obvious I had a lot of new soreness. Yesterday I had almost none at all! He did two adjustments. It was weird, he barely had to touch me and I heard 6 distinct loud snaps on each side. I felt much better, and then the ultrasound and interferon (?) treatment helped a lot too. He said, "NO VACUUMING! Worse thing ever for sciatica!"

Came home to the farmers market. What a wonderful place that is! I got raw goat milk, many green things to eat, grass-fed beef for $4 a pound, can you believe that? Oh yeah.

For $13 I got an enormous pink and purple bouquet of flowers, lupine, delphinium, alliums, and some woody leafy branches. It looks spectacular.

I also got myself a treat which turned out to be more of a lesson than a treat. A baker at the market makes a custardy delight called Far Breton. It does contain flour, I believe 1/2 cup for the entire pie. It is a milky flan, lots of eggs, prunes soaked in rum - trust me, it is good. I have been thinking about it all winter because it is not a common thing to find. So I got a slice. And it was just okay. My tastes have changed. I would have rather had an apple or a pear or maybe a plum. And yes, my stomach hurts, not badly, but enough reflux to make me think twice about doing something like that again.

I'm making the coconut kale that I saw a link to on MDA a couple of weeks ago. I know I will like it - it is a twist on roasted kale chips, which I like very much. Also good for taking to work.

I wish you could all see these flowers, they are so pretty.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    So that's why I avoid vacuuming...to keep the sciatica at bay! Good to know.

Actually, I looked it up - not 'interferon' but nerve interference therapy - to break the pain cycle. Yes, I declare a moratorium on vacuuming immediately! Everyone has my permission - no - my command - to desist.

I will spare all of you the gory details, but the Far Breton did NOT agree with me. It was bad and ugly and hopefully over. Obviously flour is the product of Satan.

Just had a chicken sausage fried in butter and coconut kale for lunch. Totally primal. Feeling good. Have to rest now, work tonight.

Remember that fake kombucha I made a few days ago? A few days in the refrigerator have done wonders. It tastes pretty good now.

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Remember that fake kombucha I made a few days ago? A few days in the refrigerator have done wonders. It tastes pretty good now.
    I want to try Kombucha, but the enamel is thin on my teeth. Do you drink your fake kombucha with a straw?