Page 408 of 591 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410418458508 ... LastLast
Results 4,071 to 4,080 of 5901

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan

Shop Now
    My weight loss tip today:

Planning

This is really important. In fact I would go so far as to say it is essential. You need to spend a little time – and it doesn’t take long at all – to plan what and when you are going to eat each day, and project out for the next week or so. If you wait until you are hungry and then go fridge-surfing, you are doomed. As you are more comfortable and familiar with your own patterns, you will avoid doing things like skipping lunch and then burning a path through a Dunkins drive-thru at 3 PM.

It is really helpful to have some set meals – 4 or 5 go-to meals that you really like and are easy to prepare and/or can be at least partially prepared in advance. This greatly simplifies your planning as you don’t have work out macros or portions every time you eat. Also shopping will be easier. Of course you can change these up every so often.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Have had a bit of a down day. Last night at work was one of the worst nights I have ever had. Not only was shit hitting fans everywhere, I am not happy with my own performance, which is very hard for me to move past. But that is what I have to do. This morning I was so tired I felt I could barely drive, and when I got home and got out of the car, my body totally cramped up. I hurt everywhere, my back, my knees, all my joints. I managed to feed the cats, wash up, and literally fell into bed knowing that I couldn't get up again and hoping that some rest would cure me. Which it did! I woke up feeling much better physically but in a bit of a funk. I didn't want to come back to work, but I know that is in fact what is best. That old saw is right - when you fall off a horse, you have to get right back on. Otherwise it preys on your mind. So here I am and all is well.

All I want to eat is nuts and fruit. What is up with that? It is bitter cold outside but I don't feel like eating 'real food' at all. Just want lighter snack-type stuff. I wonder if I am fighting off some nasty bug? This morning I thought I was getting the flu, but obviously not. There is some icky thing going around, it is not flu but has many of the same symptoms. Luckily it is short-lived. Maybe my immune system is in high gear.

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Ah, sorry to hear about the cruddy night. It happens. You do your best, and carry on. Glad you were able to get some restorative sleep today and came out the other side feeling better.

I succumbed to a cruddy cold last week, but it was thankfully short lived. Still felt like crap for a few days. Proper nutrition and rest makes all the difference, I truly believe that now. Nothing wrong with nuts/fruits/snacky type stuff if that's what you need. Supplement with bone broth, Vit D, and back on the horse stronger. Not like those poor CW bastards spewing infection for weeks around the workplace.

Great idea with your tips, any newb primal sorts should learn a lot from you.

They'll either like my tips or think I am a big blowhard! But writing this stuff down helps me remember and yes - actually do it - which is a tip also!

Even us not so newbies find your hints to be good reminders.

My mom was in ICU on a respirator for seven months and people like you made her life better every day. I hope your next shift is much less stressful.

Thank you for that! I try my best, but sometimes my best isn't enough. I can say that without a doubt being primal has improved my job performance. I think more clearly and I have much more physical stamina.

Good on the tips, Sio, love them all.
    Sorry about bad work and feeling icky.
    Great thing is you know what to do.
    Hope you have an awesome day today!!

Sio I think any one in healthcare has a shift that when we look back we shoulda, woulda, coulda....... You just hope there aren't long term adverse events and move on to the next shift. We are human after all! I'm feeling kind of blah last few days also. Hoping to power thru it. Trying to eat well, no alcohol, and extra sleep. Hope you power thru your yucky feeling quickly.
    Female 54
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Thank you for that, Pedidoc, it is so true and it is no use beating myself up over it. Now that it is behind me I am glad that I had another shift and got right back in the saddle. The doc bawled me out pretty well and I agreed with him and told him I own my mistake and in the future I will double check my equipment twice. He seemed a little taken aback when I took the criticism well and said that it will make no difference in the outcome and we will move past it. I think he is used to people making excuses - I never make excuses. I see no point in it.

Anyway, here I am back at work. Drove here in the teeth of blizzard, but it was fine. Studded snow tires. Best things ever! I put extra food out for the poor birds who were looking very hungry!

Mark's post is totally spot on today!

Shop Now
    Quote for today by Kalu Ndukwe Kalu -

"The things you do for yourself are gone when you are gone, but the things you do for others remain as your legacy."