Page 408 of 590 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410418458508 ... LastLast
Results 4,071 to 4,080 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 408

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I am so glad to hear of all your goals! This is going to be a great year! Better than this one (and this one was pretty good).

Yesterday was a good day. Earlier in the month I was looking forward to seeing Richard II with David Tennant that was being simulcast. It was postponed because of a storm, which was very disappointing. When I got home from work Sunday morning, I went right to sleep and it wasn't too hard to get up at 1 PM, throw on some clothes and get myself to the theater by 2 PM for the showing. The RSC has the goal of broadcasting all of Shakespeare's plays over six years, which I am ridiculously excited about. Anyway, it was great. My only disappointment is that I would dearly love to see it again and that is not possible. These types of broadcasts make living in the sticks very doable. I can get a little shot of culture and then go back to my peaceful treehouse by the sea. Next month is Coriolanis with Tom Hiddleston! That is a no-miss! Of course I would love to hie across the pond and actually be in the audience, but it is my understanding that tickets are few and far between and I would probably end up at a back-alley performance of The Mousetrap.

Eating was not good yesterday! I ate popcorn, of all things. Popcorn! For one thing, my dentist has forbidden me to partake, never mind the inflammatory qualities and empty calories. But I didn't have time to eat and I was so hungry...movie theaters aren't known for their primal offerings. I didn't want anything sweet and that would not have been a good idea either. I had a bag of the salty white stuff and am paying with some intestinal distress. Am moving on!

Throughout all of our storms and ice and various forms of precipitation I have had power and all is well. Last night was actually the worst - after the film I drove home in absolute pea soup fog and driving rain. Not being able to see is very scary. But it builds character. I would not have wanted to miss the film because of the harrowing drive home.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

My new project is going well. After struggling with some regular pencils, I bought some nice drawing pencils. The colored pencils I have are good, but I didn't have any good writing pencils. It is turning out to be a fusion of Dag Hammerskjold's Markings and Antoine de Saint-Exupery's The Little Prince. Not that I would dream of comparing myself with such giants, just acknowledging their influence on me.

Today I have eaten a large bowl of leafy greens with walnut oil, BV, hemp seeds, and dulse. Also an egg and some ham. Coffee with goat milk, tea ditto. Also a York Peppermint Patty.

Swam and swam today. The lifeguard stood at the end of my lane watching me intently and made me a little nervous. I was the only one in the pool!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

This sounds a little melodramatic, but I am thrilled to find success with clip-on earrings. I haven't been able to wear pierced earrings of any kind for several years now, and to a girly girl like me that is quite a disappointment. I bought a pair of clip-ons at a tag sale for 50 cents earlier this year, and although they are not my style at all and much too heavy I found I could wear them without my earlobe swelling like helium balloons. So I purchased these: Non-pierced Pretty & Petite Etched Rectangle Buttons. They are very pretty (much smaller than they appear on the webpage) and they are so comfortable I forgot I was wearing them. I am happy to discover many styles of clip-ons, in fact just about any look you have with pierced also comes in clip-on, including hoops. (I am not a hoop-wearer, however.)

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Those earrings are pretty! Glad for you that the earring adornment is working out They are nice for dressing up!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    My ears swell up and turn bright red if I wear anything other than solid silver or gold studs. Plated doesn't work. Have you tried gold studs? I guess I'm allergic to nickel in cheap mixes.

Yes, I have tried solid gold - 24k studs. I've tried everything. My earlobes were swelling alarmingly and becoming infected after just a few minutes. I'm really happy to discover there are lots of nice clip-ons.

I've been following Michael Schumacher's condition and hoping and praying for him to get better. Fight, Michael!

Since I've been eating oranges nearly every day my teeth are clean as a whistle.

In the interests of supporting everyone, I will offer a weight loss tip every day. Well, probably every day. For a month or so.

Today's Tip:

EGGS - if you like them and you can tolerate them, they are your friend. Tasty, nutritious, versatile, and filling. What more could you want? Oh yeah, they are cheap, even the pastured kind, which you should be consuming if at all possible. Boil 'em, mash 'em, fry 'em, bake 'em, scramble 'em. Mix 'em with ground grass-fed beef to stretch it a bit and bake it into a meatloaf.

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    I'm not a real fan of eggs, especially the yolk. I can only eat them scrambled with things added--diced potato, , diced ham, mushrooms, and cheese is the kick I've been on for a while.

They also must be hot because when I was child my grandmother wouldn't let me play until I ate my eggs (I didn't like them then either). Hours later, I choked down those cold, gag inducing, blobs so I could play. I didn't touch eggs again for decades.

That segue ways into my next tip: Don’t eat anything you don’t like. It doesn’t matter how primal/paleo/Peet/Whole30/whatever it is, or what celebrity is eating it. There is so much good food out there, you don’t need to torture yourself. Try new things and expand your tastes, but don’t choke anything down.

Happy New Year!

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Happy NY Sio.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html