Page 403 of 590 FirstFirst ... 303353393401402403404405413453503 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,030 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 403

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Tonight I had a rather nice turkey curry. Very spicy and hot. My mouth was on fire, but a square of dark chocolate cooled things down.

Watching my favorite science programs on PBS tonight. Wolves and buffaloes, and now it is polar ice.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Coll is offline Senior Member
    I love those kinds of programs Enjoy. Not that I ever really get to watch as we don't have TV and when at someone else's house they are usually watching sport. I like the idea of the dark chocolate toning down the spice ... yum.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

I'm glad that at least PBS is still offered for free to anyone who can have a TV and an antenna. I'm going to enjoy it while it while I have it. In this world I don't take anything for granted. I do love my science and animal shows. Science-y animal shows are the best.

This morning I aw0ke after a long sleep (8+ hours) to discover my back is very unhappy. I was really worried until I remembered the snow shoveling adventure. Hopefully it is just a touch of DOMS. Also last night I forgot to take Vitamin E and Black Cohosh after supper and had some minor hot flashing this morning. Funny how I get breakthrough flashes after missing only one dose. I am just so grateful to have them tamed that I don't worry too much about taking the supplements. I am keeping both well under the toxic (Vitamin E) and recommended (BC) doses.

There was a daub of sweet potato sitting in the fridge, so I mixed it with egg and made it into two pancakes. Then I heated up some sliced turkey in the same pan and made it into a sandwich. VERY delicious. On my second cup of coffee. Yesterday I had no coffee and didn't get a headache which made me very happy.

I recommend having a gray cat. They match everything.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Swam today. Started off slowly but then I gained steam and did some sprints and stuff. I was the only one in the pool! Had two lifeguards watching me.

Had a huge salad. Lettuce, fennel, walnuts, turkey, avocado, pear. Walnut oil and balsamic vinegar, also some lemon juice. Really, really delicious. I consider that my main meal today. When I opened the refrigerator door I knocked an egg on the floor and of course it broke. It was in a container, though. I knew I couldn't save it, so I cooked it in the microwave and ate it up. That put me over the top eating-wise, but I'm not uncomfortable. When I think of how I used to overeat all of the time and feel so uncomfortable but never really satisfied, it makes me sad.

I have a lot of cooking to do tonight. Some ground meat to spice up and bake. Turkey soup. Turkey curry. Working Friday and Saturday night and I want to have really delicious food to take in because it is pretty much a holiday weekend.

I'm in desperate need of dinner guests.

The menu:

Ham (lots)
    Kale soup with ham (very rich)
    Turkey (lots)
    Turkey in curry sauce (very spicy)
    Meatloaf
    Sweet potatoes
    Green salad

Dessert will be cara cara oranges with coconut cream. Honey is optional.

Whatever possessed me to buy/prepare all this food? How will I eat it all? I'm not even hungry!

I just read Gay Panda's journal. He took Lady Friend to THE FRENCH LAUNDRY for her 40th!!!!!!!!

I wanna be Gay Panda's Lady Friend II.

Here I am at work, very busy. Food is all good today!

Well, my food was good until I ate a handful of Hershey's kisses and some caramels. (All gluten-free though ) Got a headache for my sins.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    It really is amazing how your body turns on you after staying clean for so long.
    I was at a friend's house yesterday, walked in as she was making sausage balls.
    Applegate sausage, organic egg, milk, cheese, peppers..everything good, right?
    Then she dumped in BISQUICK :-(

I had one, they were big as a golf ball, and they were good.
    Within 20 minutes my temples were throbbing slightly.
    Then I felt weird, like my blood pressure was up.
    I had to leave, drank kombucha and tried to nap.
    A couple of hours later I was feeling normal.

It had to have been the flour crap. I have had sugar, small dove chocolate bite the other day,
    nothing like this feeling. It actually scared me and DH said I looked pale, he thought it was flu.

I have learned my lesson!! I HAD ONE, I tell you.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah, Bisquick is full of all sorts. And people are NOT good at knowing what is in even the food they cook. I can't tell you the number of people who have told me something is gluten-free and there is no way that it is. I'm happy that I can be at home tonight with my pastured eggs and my goat milk in my grain-free kitchen.

We were supposed to get a horrendous ice storm but luckily we are right on the edge and it is mostly rain. I'm being very careful though, because there are patches of ice round and about. The temp is fluctuating and that means ice is in weird places you wouldn't think of. I am very glad I splurged on those new boots, which are very good. My old tread-worn ones would not be good in these conditions.