Page 403 of 591 FirstFirst ... 303353393401402403404405413453503 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,030 of 5901

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan

Shop Now
    Glad you have good boots for the icy stuff - having grown up somewhere that is 'iceless' I detest walking on it. Especially in regular shoes! Glad you are on the edge of the storm! Re: the holiday craziness - it is very busy and out of normal. DD was telling me she is feeling irritable because everything is out of the ordinary and she is tired of it Of course she is itching to get into the gifts and will be just as irritated about starting school again LOL.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 221.4 lbs
    Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Merry Christmas Siobhan - hope you are not working on Christmas. Been there done that - have a lovely day! I hope you have someone to celebrate with. You are a special person and I hope this coming year is a blessing in many ways for you.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 221.4 lbs
    Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Merry Christmas, Sioban!
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Thank you all and Merry Christmas to you!

My Christmas present lately has been lots of sleep! I'm having no trouble AT ALL getting a good days sleep. The only thing that gets me up is hunger! Both my own and the felines.

Done with work til Friday, putting it all out of my mind, just going to relax and enjoy.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Merry, Merry, Ladies!!
    DH, who won't miss a flu shot, is sick as a dog.
    In the bed with a foot of sheets, blankets & comforters on him, and he's begging for "our" electric blanket.
    I told him we haven't had one of those in a decade.
    My idea of beef broth promptly made him vomit.
    Thank goodness he made it to the bathroom, lucky man.
    Neighbor doctor coming over when he gets home from church.
    DH said he thinks he needs a priest poor baby

Hope Santa is good to all of you!!

Oh dear! I hope he feels better fast! And a very Merry Christmas regardless!

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Merry Christmas, Siobhan. Enjoy your naps, your food, your cats. "And every good thing!" as Lydia Bennet would say.
    Last edited by Sabine; 12-25-2013 at 06:00 AM. Reason: shocking mis-quote!!

Here we are on Christmas Day! I need to get in the shower and get ready for dinner, but here I am typing away in my journal...I've had a great day so far. I'm all alone on this large property, my landlord and his partner gone off to separate holiday celebrations. It is strange to be the only person for miles. (Well, I'm exaggerating, but it's really far.) Just me, the felines, the wildlife. This morning I went out on my snowshoes to collect firewood and discovered that the three days of rain/freeze we have received has turned the property into a snowshoe paradise. I can walk everywhere on this beautiful crusty diamond sparkly surface. For a Christmas gift, Mother Nature has granted us a day of brilliant sunshine. I shoed all over the place, down to see my tree friends, who are sleeping. Down to the rocky water's edge, the boathouse. I don't break through the icy surface but my snowshoes bite right in and are very secure. It was a lot of fun! I brought up five or so loads of firewood and took the luxury of dumping it all in my landlord's parking spot in the garage. He won't be home until Saturday and I will have burned it by then. Finally came inside and had some soup. Now I have to get ready and go out to dinner with friends. Glad I am not cooking! Although I have spent about an hour cooking up some food for the next few days - there is no break for us primal folks.

Merry Christmas all!

The snowshoeing excursion sounds like it was a perfect beginning to Christmas day.

Lovely that you have others to cook for you tonight. Will it live up to your culinary prowess?

Wishing you many feline snuggles, inspiring nature paths and much happiness. And loads of amazing omnomnom paleo goodness.

Shop Now
    Well, so much for that! I'm still kind of shell-shocked.

I drove for an hour to get to my friend's house, planning to have a lovely adult beverage and a nice dinner, some dessert, a little convo, and then hit the road - home by six or so...arrived to find the house in disarray, tear-stained faces, and the cook barricaded in her room with a migraine. Merry Bleeping Christmas! Frantic googling was going on, trying to find somewhere to go for dinner because...wait for it...no one could cook. There were other guests besides me, about 16 in all (I think). I stripped off all the clothing that was decent (luckily I always wear a tee shirt under my nice cashmere sweaters), rolled up my sleeves and tackled the food. Actually it was really easy - a ham that just needed heating, some sides that were already made, just mashed potatoes, green beans, cream to be whipped. Can you believe that no one could perform these simple tasks? I mean really, the ham has the instructions on the package! And mashed potatoes?!?!?!? How can you not know how to make mashed potatoes? Please, I beg you, teach your kids how to cook! At least simple stuff!

Luckily I found an entire pound of butter on the premises. Liberal amounts of this went into everything - yes, even into the stuff already made. Took me about 1 1/2 hours to get everything ready, so dinner was about an hour late. Not too bad. Everyone was really appreciative, but really I am not happy with the experience. I would have skipped it if I could get a do-over. It was really stressful, not fun. Someone took a plate into Migraine Mom and all was well in the end, but it was too wacky.

Remarkably I think I remained primal. There was lots of good stuff - green salad, sweet potatoes. Even some sausage, which is an old family recipe or something. I had only one glass of wine (for courage).

Next Christmas I am only going to celebrate Festivus.