Page 400 of 590 FirstFirst ... 300350390398399400401402410450500 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,000 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 400

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My latest thrift store find: an unbelievably cute top. It's a jungle-type print, green and purple and pink and blue, with lions and leopards. (Yes, I know lions don't live in jungles. It's just a shirt.) I grabbed it because it is basically a scrub top, i.e. a square with sleeves that goes on over the head. No pockets, round neck. I didn't try it on until I got home, and then I really started liking it. It is much nicer on, and has more shape that I originally thought. It is actually rather flattering, believe it or not. (The description does not sound flattering, does it? ) Anyway, it will be fun to wear to work and because of the colors will match every pair of scrub pants that I have.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Well, just saw the Desolation of Smaug or whatever the hell the new Hobbit movie is called. There's 2 1/2 hours of my life I would like to have back. I kept watching, hoping it would get better, or get watchable, or get something. If you like nonsensical plot and lots of things blowing up you will enjoy it. I wonder if I sent an email to Peter Jackson and asked for my money back if he would respond?

Really cold tonight! I am thankful for electricity and furnaces!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    I saw it as well. I quite liked it; however The Hobbit doesn't have nearly enough material for three 3 hour long films...how dragged out was the scene with Smaug?!

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk
    I'm not an emo, I swear

Yeah, that went on forever, a good excuse for lots of blowing up things. I really hated the monochromatic color scheme and the general ugliness of everything. Really started to wear on me after 2 1/2 hours. You would think when Bilbo went into the treasure cave there would have been a bit more glitter or SOMETHING NICE to look at. But no. Lots of fake looking things blowing up.

I think it would have worked better if Jackson had just gone with 'loosely based on The Hobbit' and made up a real story.

Today is Falstaff, the Metropolitan Opera simulcast at our local theater that brings a bit of culture to our little backwater and makes it liveable. Quite looking forward to it!

Falstaff was wonderful! I wish I could see it again!

Once again I was a bit disappointed in my friends who are always too busy...two of them drove together, and they came late because one of them had an exercise class, and they had to leave before the opera was over because the other one has a dinner engagement (at 4PM?). Now, I'm all for exercise and communal eating arrangements, but wouldn't it have been nice if we could have had a coffee beforehand and talked about the opera instead of them frantically whispering questions to me over the opening bars? (I'm a big opera expert....hahahahahahah) And wouldn't it have been nice to maybe have a drink or gosh-forbid a meal afterwards and talked over the performance? I guess I can dream. I need new friends. Well, I can discuss it with my felines, they won't disagree with me when I tell them the chorus was a teensy bit off in the fugue, and didn't it seem obvious the set designer has a weave?

Stopped at the store on the way home because it is bitter cold and it is supposed to snow tonight. The theater has already cancelled Richard II tomorrow, although I am very glad they made the decision early and didn't keep me guessing.

I am embarrassed to say my dinner was eaten standing up with my fingers. Just couldn't wait! I had a cara cara orange, which I was truly delighted to find are now in the market. Then I deboned a turkey breast and some of that found its way into my stomach. Then I cooked up the sausage I bought, which also happens to be turkey sausage. So good! Ate two of those pretty much out of the pan. And so that's it! Would have been way nicer to have a real sit-down meal, but it is done now.

I bought a fennel, which I always think of as being the clown of the vegetable world, with its misshapen white body and wild green hair. And some pears, feta cheese (goat and sheep), and avocado. I have an idea of having a pear and fennel salad, maybe with some walnuts and feta.

A fire is going in the woodstove, yeah! I think it is time for some adult beverage!

Coll is online now Senior Member
    What bummer about the friends ... they need to get more primal. A long time ago (actually not that long ago - just pre technology etc) people loved spending time with each other and that meant actually talking to each other and not just sitting in the same room. Pity some of us are not closer to each other - we could sit over a delicious primal meal and talk the hours away It does sound like you need to expand your friend choices. You start to get the message that time with you just doesn't make it to the top of the priority list and while it doesn't mean you hate them, it does mean it is time to move on in a way. I hope you can connect with some fun folk who will enjoy doing stuff together, more than just the event. DH and I always say our friends and family here are so event driven. We can never get together just to hang out - it always has to be an event and there is never time to just visit. As soon as the meal is eaten or the show watched then everyone rushes off to the next thing on their schedule. I REALLY miss my SA friends - we could always just drop in at each other's houses and go for a walk on the beach or sit and drink tea, play games, sit around the fire and talk etc. Sorry - didn't mean to hijack your thread there. Just sympathizing ....
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

That is so true - event driven. I know that it isn't that they don't like me or don't want to be around me. They keep wanting to get together, but as you put it so well, it is just for a specific purpose, not to hang out. Also I feel it more because I would so love to discuss stuff with someone, after I see a movie or a play I love to talk about it, even if I don't like it.

I have every heating device I own going full blast and it is comfortable in here, if a bit too warm in places. I keep having to leave the kitchen because the woodstove is cranking. I turned on my heating pad and lay down on it in the cave because my back was a little sore and all the cats immediately piled on me. Yes, it was the heating pad. They love it and if they can get onto part of it they do. Oboe got between my arm and chest and then put his front legs around my neck. I wish I had a pic of that. That's something I love about cats - their unabashed, unapologetic love of luxury. They don't have any guilt feelings - "Oh, I don't deserve that! I'm so bad for taking a nap! - NO WAY. Cats just go for it.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Yup, I'd love to sit down to a primal meal from the co-op and swapping stories! Since I worked L&D as pedi I love RTs. Well except for the one who went postal ans said she was coming back with her gun for all of us.
    Last edited by Pedidoc; 12-14-2013 at 07:23 PM.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Hoo-eee, we had a CT guy who did that. Not actually, said he was going to. Apparently he had made threats before and had once even been found with a weapon on the premises...yeah, I was scared! Not sure why he wasn't terminated long before. Hospitals are stressful places, but really! Maybe if he had been primal he wouldn't have been so stressed.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    She was sent to psych ward for mandatory hospitalization for a week. Then back to work, just not our unit. Like that would help if she went postal!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html