Page 399 of 590 FirstFirst ... 299349389397398399400401409449499 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 3,990 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 399

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I totally agree about the inability to just gather at the spur of the moment. People just don't do that anymore. Why is everyone so busy? My best friend is coming home for 2 weeks over the Christmas break (they are teachers in S. Korea) and I'm guessing I will be lucky to have even a couple hours with her. Last year I saw her only at a large gathering of family/friends - no one on one time.

Congrats on the weight drop!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    My n=1 experiment with mag oil is pretty conclusive. Well, for me anyway. This morning I almost asleep and realized I had not put any on my feet. I did not sleep as long or as well. It really does make a difference, and it has no downside so obviously I will continue.

At work for the third night! Wheeeeeee!

Eating is very good. Had a salad with olives and chicken.

I wish Mark would post the info about the NY PrimalCon. I had the horrid thought that it might be the same time as my concert. I hope not, that would be horrid.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Really like Mark's post today about guilt/eating/emotions. Spot on!

No work tonight! I promised myself I would sleep as long as I wanted but I got up at 3:30 anyway - it just seems like it will be more fun to be up! So nice to not have to get up and eat a meal. I am a real martinet with myself about eating on schedule (when I'm working) and when I haven't eaten before I go to work it has bitten me badly, so I am strict about it. Just enjoying a leisurely coffee and hanging out on my journal. There are several things I would enjoy doing tonight. One is staying home, hanging out, keeping the woodstove going. The second is going to see The Hobbit at 9 PM and the new Hobbit which is getting a midnight opening at the tiny local theater. The third is go to hear some gospel music at a beautiful historic church in the next town. What will win out?

I was thrilled to hear the baby I helped resuscitate last week is doing very well and is expected to recover fully and live a normal life. I've justified my existence on this planet.

Another patient wrote a note to an SVP and the CEO about me and told them I am a gem and that they need to give me a raise. I laughed at that!

I'm doing a lot of bragging here, but it's my journal after all!

Really cold today, but nice and warm in here. I continue to be really pleased with my weatherproofing and can't believe how warm it is compared to before. I put an extra blankie on my cave bed, I was wrapped up like a super burrito. So warm and cozy. Woke up with two cats on me who would not budge when I tried to get up. It was hard to move 20+ lbs of cat, especially as I was well entangled in bed covers.

I'm somewhat sad to report that carbs seem to help me sleep. I sleep better if I have a carb-y snack before going to sleep, especially if I'm really hungry. This morning I had a banana with almond butter. Must make sure not to overdo this and account for what I'm eating. Any eating when very tired is problematic because I have found that it is kind of like dropping gold into an abyss. One does not enjoy the food however delicious and also it is not particularly satisfying and one can easily keep eating well past satiety. The obvious answer is to not get too hungry when working overnight! But of course that isn't always possible, so a Plan B is necessary.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 12-12-2013 at 02:00 PM.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I always seem to end up cooking...I have osso bucco burbling away in the crockpot. You can't believe how good it smells! But I've eaten - a paleo pizza. Paleo bread crust, tomato sauce, prosciutto. (No cheese for me) A carrot (locally grown supercool looking heirloom variety). Booch.

Had to get some cat food. I can't believe I let my supply get so low. I bought a huge amount. I needed to shop over the weekend but due to houseguests and concerts and such I never did, then I was working (and sleeping).

Alas, the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. I am reluctantly bagging my plan to attend the midnight opening of Hobbit 2. I could do it, no doubt. I'm used to staying up all night and I'm really good at pushing through tiredness, but it is not a good idea at all, healthwise. I need a real night's sleep - that is, in the dark during the nighttime. My brain is working okay, but my body is very tired.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Way to go Siobhan, get the sleep, the movie will be there to watch at a better time I love Tolkiens stuff and the movies are so awesome! And wonderful news about the little one that is well on his/her way to recovery! Yeah! It makes it all worthwhile doesn't it? And honestly, if I needed your kind of care, I'd wish I could zip up to your neck of the woods and have you to administer it! It is so obvious that you are someone who cares and does things properly ...
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Well, I do care and I often think it is because I came to this work late in life and see it from a different perspective. It seems to me that in our present system if you don't have someone who can advocate for you in an informed way you can get royally screwed. Although in this case, everyone was very focused on doing the best for the little one. What a way to come into this world! Not so long ago she would have been given up for dead.

I kept thinking about the film last night but I know I did the right thing by getting a good night's sleep. I woke up a couple of times but slept very well. The wind was howling and once again I am so happy with my DIY work. The stars were so bright it was like I could touch them.

I need to get moving and get some chores done, but I am feeling very lazy!

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Have a lazy day - I highly recommend it!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Thank you! I'm pretty sure that can be arranged....

I've been wearing these boots for a week now and I am so happy with them. Trotters 'Snowflakes III' Bootie | Nordstrom. Boots as comfortable as shoes! They are so warm and the traction is as good as any boots I've ever had. But they are light and comfortable to wear indoors. Not for deep snow, obviously, but I don't walk in deep snow very often. Kinda pricey (although I did not buy them from Nordstrom and I didn't pay as much) but worth it. As I have witnessed many times, it is expensive to fall on ice and break something. Way more expensive and painful that paying for good boots.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 12-13-2013 at 07:10 AM.

A few days ago I bought a little food mill to mash up stuff like avocados, bananas, cooked sweet potatoes, that sort of thing. Used it this morning and reluctantly give it a thumbs down. It isn't any easier or better than mashing by hand. I thought everything would come out silky smooth but no. And of course it has to be disassembled and washed and dried. Much easier to use a fork or my old fashioned potato masher. But I had to try it.

Do you think my landlord slams the door because he's angry with me about something? I don't think so, he isn't shy at all about telling me when he's unhappy. He is NOT a shy person. I mean, he's a retired military surgeon.

Got/returned library books, filled up the gas tank, swam, got mail, sent Xmas package to Mom. Coincidentally the propane truck came today and the bill was only $88! Rather amazing. Of course, I am sure the electric bill is inversely proportionate. (I don't pay that...hanging head in shame.) I am pretty sure Landlord would mention the bill if he were upset. But I can't afford to heat his workshop and the garage where the cars are! I have been keeping the thermostat at 55 and I have three electric heaters which get turned off and on as needed. The past week they have mostly been needed.

Had the osso bucco I made yesterday for a late lunch. Very, very good. Plenty left. Also a little sweet potato, a local one. The local SPs are little tiny things, nothing like the grocery store monsters. Very delicious, more concentrated in flavor.