Page 398 of 590 FirstFirst ... 298348388396397398399400408448498 ... LastLast
Results 3,971 to 3,980 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 398

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I was thinking he will want to place it close to NYC for the obvious reasons, but the farther upstate he gets the better for me as NY is a freaking huge long state. I will just have to wait and see, won't I? Also he could be thinking CT or NJ, neither of which are particularly convenient for me. But it doesn't matter, I'm there!

Well, I survived this particularly challenging work week. Would you believe I had to attend TWO births and had a neonatal resuscitation? No, this is not normal for me at all. I average one baby incident per year and it is definitely not my specialty. Very stressful! What a week!

Really concentrated on eating clean and that helps so much. It does require planning. I have also been sleeping more -it seems like a lot more. I am actually setting an alarm to make sure I get out of bed in time to do some chores/errands, get clean and fed, get the cats clean and fed, and get to work on time. Normally I struggle to sleep past 2 in the afternoon (going to sleep between 9 AM and 10 AM) but I am dropping into bed at 8:30 and not waking up until after 4. Time of year? Mag oil? Simple exhaustion?
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

tomi is online now Senior Member
    You're putting mag oil on your feet at night and its helping with sleep? If this is so....... I must try it! Just found this:

My problem is I suffer from Lupus and Fibromyalgia and I am already dealing with much muscle pain. I wanted to let you know that I finally was able to get the money together to purchase the magnesium oil. I am so happy and appreciative of this suggestion. It has done more for me in one week than all the prescription drugs I have been taking for the past 10 years.

Thank you so much.

I sent it to my sis who suffers from terrible fibromyalgia (she refuses to change her diet as I have).

Where do you get the oil?
    Last edited by tomi; 12-06-2013 at 01:53 PM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I bought it at the food co-op, purveyor of all things extraordinary in a very small space, but I believe it is widely available at drugstores. It's in a spray bottle and cost $9 for 8 oz. It lasts a long, long time as you just spray a little on your feet, it is not like body oil that you use liberally. I am sure it is available at Amazon. I don't want to make any outrageous claims, but the one time I forgot to put it on my feet I did not sleep well and had a bad dream.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Coll is online now Senior Member
    I swear by magnesium oil too and have noticed that the kids tend to sleep much better too after having an Epsom salts bath. I ordered a large bottle of the oil off Amazon and a spray bottle of it and it sure goes a long way. I spray it on my legs before showering - about 10 pumps per leg and let it sting for as long as I can stand it before washing it off. No more cramps and I sleep MUCH better after using it too ...
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Concert went fantastic yesterday! Really, really great. Been way too busy with friends, etc. since then, will update later!

What a weekend! I am sorry the concert is over. It went beautifully and was so much fun. The soloists and the orchestra were so good! What a thrill to perform with people of that caliber. We played to a full house, that is also a thrill. Now that it is over, I am feeling a bit bereft, the way one does when a highly anticipated event has passed by. It all went very well, I think we (the choir) sang as well as we ever have. The final dress rehearsal was grueling, FOUR hours on the risers with no break. The concert was a piece of cake in comparison. It flew by. It was all beautiful.

Ex came up for the concert and it was nice seeing him and having someone in the audience. No less than four people from work said they were going to come and none did, of course. But two good friends came, although they could not come to the reception afterwards. I wish people weren't so busy. These friends usually come to my concerts but they dash in and out. I shouldn't complain, I am very glad they come. But it is nice to see people afterwards.

Some friends from Massachusetts stopped by unexpectedly and stayed Saturday and Sunday night. Very action-packed! Having two people staying here in this small space, trying to look after them, was quite a challenge although it was also delightful. I talked them into going to church on Sunday morning, (more to just get out than any real desire to attend service) and then we went out to breakfast, again just to get out and away from the endless round of providing food and drinks and washing up. It's hard because everything I have is basically one serving, or possibly two small servings. My Aeropress makes one modest up of coffee, perfect for me. But when I have to produce three cups at the same time -yikes. My teapot can handle two cups. And my tiny kitchen is quickly overwhelmed by dirty dishes and clutter if everything is not put away on the spot.

That said, I cooked dinner last night and they said it was the best meal they ever had. Probably hyperbole, but they both cleaned their plates twice, so I am pretty sure they did enjoy it. The secret: fat. I served lamb shoulder chops, brussels sprouts, and fingerling potatoes, all bathed liberally in butter and olive oil. Garlic, salt, and pepper were the only seasonings and apparently all that was needed. So many people are used to eating dry food that is bereft of any fat they go crazy when they get some. They kept saying, "What did you do to this lamb? How did you cook the sprouts?" I told them I just roasted them, but didn't tell them about the lashings of fat that made it taste so good. They would probably have fainted.

So here I am at work! A bit of a letdown after my exciting weekend.

Coll is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    So many people are used to eating dry food that is bereft of any fat they go crazy when they get some. They kept saying, "What did you do to this lamb? How did you cook the sprouts?" I told them I just roasted them, but didn't tell them about the lashings of fat that made it taste so good. They would probably have fainted.
    You hit the nail on the head there! I have to agree about how busy people are ... I think they want to connect, but are just overwhelmed with their schedules. We have folk that we really like but hardly ever see because they can't fit us in ... so once every couple of months is the most often we see them. And I know it is not that they don't like us ... just super busy.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

It seems to me that scheduled activities now constitute a social life. There is no dropping over to a friend's house for a coffee, running into someone and having a drink; everything has to be scheduled three weeks in advance. Last week I ran into a friend I hadn't seen for awhile and asked her to have a cup of tea with me, but she had to run off to mah jong. She plays three times a week. I'm less important than mah jong, or maybe not as fun. I asked if she wanted to see a film sometime soon, and she said her family is arriving for the holidays and there will be no time. Oh well. She said something about the end of January.

Pears. I'm in love with them. Comice pears. With fennel, with Meyer lemon, with walnuts, with avocado. So delicious!

I think it was last week that I posted that I was unhappy with my weight. I've lost 3 lbs since then by slaying the sugar dragon and concentrating on simple whole foods. I eliminated all the primal desserts I was enjoying way too often. (Have you made chocolate mousse with avocado? Don't do it unless you desperately need to gain 5 lbs.)

At work again tonight, very busy!
    Last edited by Siobhan; 12-10-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Good job going back to clean eating and loosing the 3 pounds.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html