Page 396 of 590 FirstFirst ... 296346386394395396397398406446496 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,960 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 396

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Okay, a little rant here. My landlord's car, which is housed in the garage below my apartment along with my own car, has been difficult to start for some time. It needs a new battery or a new starter or both. So starting it involves a lot of revving. Seriously annoying. And then there is the extreme door slamming. I mean, the whole building shakes! I can see once in a while the door might slam - wind and whatnot - but he slams it REALLY hard every time. How can he not know how annoying this stuff is?

Okay, rant is over. If this is the worst problem in my life I am extremely fortunate.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

For all my snarkiness the pumpkin mousse turned out great. Really delicious and could easily be served up to non-paleo folks who would never know it is 'paleo food.' Would be great with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Extremely easy recipe except for the vague bits.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Clarkie is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the info on the broth. I didn't know about adding the vinegar! Will do that for sure. It is a challenge to cook without onion as it's in most savory recipes in one form or another but I will keep trying. Yum to pumpkin anything!

JudyCr is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Okay, a little rant here. My landlord's car, which is housed in the garage below my apartment along with my own car, has been difficult to start for some time. It needs a new battery or a new starter or both. So starting it involves a lot of revving. Seriously annoying. And then there is the extreme door slamming. I mean, the whole building shakes! I can see once in a while the door might slam - wind and whatnot - but he slams it REALLY hard every time. How can he not know how annoying this stuff is?

Okay, rant is over. If this is the worst problem in my life I am extremely fortunate.
    Especially since he knows you work nights.. hmmm, that guy really irks me.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    ask him if he could install sound dampening tiles to the ceiling of the garage? Its worth a shot.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Here I am at work. I was greeted by loud cheers when I walked in. Apparently they did not like the person who worked either the night or day shift! Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Had scallops, sweet potatoes, and zucchini jazzed up with salt, butter, and balsamic vinegar. This is orange day, I guess, given the amount of pumpkin I consumed this morning. I hope I don't turn orange!

Tomorrow night is our first dress rehearsal! Very excited. This concert is going to be fun. I love to perform even though I am not very talented. Luckily it doesn't really matter as long as I don't screw up - and I won't. One thing I am very good at is watching the director. Another thing I am good at is knowing my vocal limits.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    ... I was greeted by loud cheers when I walked in...
    Wait, you mean this doesn't happen EVERY day?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Wait, you mean this doesn't happen EVERY day?!?
    Well, the cheers were louder than normal!

I certainly have been sleeping well lately! Today was no different. Woke up in time to see the sunset! I have eaten all of the protein sources that I so carefully prepared last week and so I made a paleo pizza. Yes, it was spectacular. Too many carbs, however. Now I have a headache. Not worth it.

Must get ready for our first dress rehearsal tonight. I should get a move on and get to the grocery store first since I am very short of nutrients around here.

I am totally out of control excited about our concert! The first dress went fantastically well, and it was so different to sing in the church, which has terrific acoustics. It is going to be really great!

A guy that has been expressing an interest and has asked me to go out, etc. has been telling me that he is going to come to the concert for months - right from the beginning - told me this morning that his daughter has a swim meet on Saturday and he probably can't come. I was torn between being annoyed and being relieved. Although I knew he probably would not show up despite his assertions that he would, I was still annoyed when he came up with the swim meet/daughter excuse. So utterly predictable. At the same time this gives me carte blanche to write him off, which is a great relief. I'm very quick to eliminate men from the running, so to speak, and I know I should give them more of a chance. (Not like there are so very many...) But I feel I have been given a Get Out Of Jail Free card.

Anyway, back to the rehearsal. We sounded so wonderful, I felt like angels were dancing on my eardrums! And that was just the choir, on Friday we rehearse with the soloists and the strings!!!!!! I am so excited.

Came home and went into a cooking frenzy. Would you believe I got a five pound pork roast for $8? It is in the crock pot right now. It barely fit. In the morning I will cut it up and finish it in the oven. Also mixed up a double batch of paleo bread, half of which will go in the freezer. For eating, I had a large green salad with dulse and hemp seeds and bone broth with an egg yolk. (How is that for nutrient dense?) I have to wind down and get some sleep. Must hit the magnesium oil. I swear I am addicted to it - or my feet are!

I had to contain the luscious aroma from the pork roast so I could sleep! Hung my blackout curtain and partially closed the door. (Felines must have entry.) This morning I shredded up the roast - as one would expect the outside was very, very tender and the middle not so much. I have turned it on high and left off the lid. I already have quite a supply of bones and also some marrow bones that were being given away at the market.

Today should be booch bottling day but I have a huge supply still, so I'm going to leave it. I should probably discard some of the booch in the fridge but I'm not sure which ones and I don't feel like going through them, so I will leave that project for another day. I also have some at work! I bought a couple of tangerines because I liked that flavor so well - last week I put some tangerine in a couple of bottles and it worked nicely. Hmmmm maybe should rethink this...would like some more tangerine booch...hmmmmm.....

Slept very well and woke up with lots of cats all around me. After I fed them I sat down to drink my tea and they climbed all over me. I don't know why they are so affectionate after breakfast.

Have some rather urgent chore-like things to do so I had better stop wasting time here!