Page 390 of 591 FirstFirst ... 290340380388389390391392400440490 ... LastLast
Results 3,891 to 3,900 of 5901

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I've been pregnant off and on!
    Yah, but not with the same baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie View Post
    How did you refrain from telling the personal trainer to shove a heavy weight up her A** in slow motion?? Your self control is remarkable! lol! I am imagining myself in that situation and I don't think I could have stayed quiet, then again I am feeling kinda bitchy today, must be the nasty weather.
    Onto another topic, could you enlighten me about magnesium oil? I take magnesium tablets regularly because a pharmacist friend of mine encouraged me to but I haven't heard of the oil.
    My 17 year old son has been complaining of sore feet for a couple of weeks now. We have tried different shoes, orthotic insoles, epsom salt soaks, ibuprofen. Nothing seems to be helping. Next step is to call the doctor.
    Is the magnesium oil applied topically for pain relief? I'd be willing to try this for DS. Thanks for any info you could provide.
    Here is Mark's take on magnesium: Five Common Nutrient Deficiencies | Mark's Daily Apple. Basically most of us are not getting enough of it, and deficiencies are linked to just about everything you don't want to have. I'm always looking to improve the quality of my sleep. Hmmmmm...I see he recommends putting it on the inner arms...haven't tried that. I really think it helps me sleep better. I bought the oil at the local food co-op, I believe it is widely available at drugstores. It is in a spray bottle, very easy to apply.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Here I am back at work, overtime, overtime, overtime. Woohoo, who can't use money? I was very tired this afternoon, but I'm okay now.

I found a locally roasted coffee that is utterly delicious and doesn't cause chest pain. At home I make it in my Aeropress, and here at work I am making it cowboy style, which works so well I wonder why anyone uses coffeemakers. I simply boil water, pour it over the grounds, wait 3 minutes or so, and then pour it through a small wire strainer that fits over a cup. I don't normally go for flavors, but this one has a bit of chocolate, very subtle and smooth. (It's not really chocolate, it's organic cacao. Of course.)

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Well, I am glad that is over, but now that it is I am happy I did it. I made a boatload of $$$$ and not to brag, but I did some good work. Helped out some people, both patients and co-workers. I have some more overtime this week, but I will actually be working part of a day shift. Imagine that! I hope I don't turn into a pumpkin.

Things I love:

When I wear my super-deluxe silicone earplugs, I can't hear anything except my cats purring.

I have a job that lets me use my brains, be active, work independently, and earn a decent living without requiring cubicle dwelling or onerous micromanaging by others.

Matt's Coffee: Matt's Wood Roasted Organic Coffee, organic coffee roaster in Maine -. Seriously good. Converting me back into a coffee drinker.

Classic jazz.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 11-24-2013 at 01:02 PM.

This may come as a surprise to anyone who reads my journal, but I cancelled my pre-order for the Nom Nom Paleo cookbook after receiving the preview. I really hated it. The recipes are great, as you can imagine, but I HATE the layout, find it obtuse, difficult to read, and anxiety producing. It is also filled with pictures that don't make any real sense. A pic of the finished dish is good, and a pic of some unusual procedure or ingredient would be useful. But IMHO there are way, way too many pics of stupid things. Just because you can take lots of pics of anything doesn't mean that you should...

canio6 Guest
    Sweet, a coffee link. Thanks!

I would really love to make a few cups of this coffee and sit down with some primal friends and talk about all the stuff we like to talk about!

I'm in!

Unfortunately, it's a couple of thousand miles from my place to yours

The coffee might be worth it!

All my good intentions of going to sleep early are obviously for nothing - I stayed up and finished a book called Buried in the Sky about the 2008 climbing season on K2, where 11 people died. Yes, I suppose it is morbid but I inhale mountaineering books like air. This one was fascinating. On Friday night I finished the classic Annapurna by Maurice Herzog. I want to read more books about that famous expedition.

Eating has been very clean lately although I am consuming too much. When I woke up this afternoon I had, besides the aforementioned coffee, two fried eggs, a stupid amount of bacon, and a slab of paleo bread. (I always roll it out like flatbread - it is more like a cracker.) Then later I had some meatloaf and sweet potatoes. Now I am hungry again and it is 2 AM! No eating in the middle of the night when I am not working!

Can't stop laughing over this:

Cats with Extreme Energy.jpg

Shop Now
    Very proud of myself and feeling very primal. I took the screen out of the French door and got the storm door properly and well secured in its frame. This is harder than it sounds as the glass insert is very large and very heavy and very, very awkward. Note to everyone (especially landlords) DO NOT BUY THE CHEAPEST OF ANYTHING. Why on earth would you put a large, heavy, awkward, undoubtedly expensive piece of storm glass into a very flimsy aluminum frame with a very awkward fitting and strange, tiny fasteners with painted screws? I ask you!

Last night was quite unpleasant with a howling wind blowing at the inside doors because I hadn't yet been brave enough to tackle the storm door challenge. But today I screwed my courage to the sticking point (yes, it's Shakespeare) and just did it. There was no bloodshed, and miraculously the door insert dropped into the fitting with a minimum of fuss. Why did I wait so long, you ask? Well, it's been mild, and I have been able to enjoy having the door open. Also I have been hoping Ex would show up and help me with some winterizing things, but he hasn't, and now we are at critical mass. But obviously I don't need any help, thank you very much, I can handle it ALL BY MYSELF!

Had one of my favorite CW brekkies. A large amount of roasted red peppers cooked over low heat until they are very soft, lots of olive oil, then two eggs scrambled in. (Cheese is also good, but no cheese for me.) This is one of those dishes that doesn't look very nice but is unbelievably delicious. The peppers are the star, the eggs are basically just binding. Also I had a large bowl of leafy greens with BV and walnut oil, hemp seeds and dulce. Feel well nourished.

Well, I'm off to the pool and to buy some food!
    Last edited by Siobhan; 11-25-2013 at 06:22 PM.