Page 390 of 590 FirstFirst ... 290340380388389390391392400440490 ... LastLast
Results 3,891 to 3,900 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 390

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Take a drive, look around about halfway for a nice place to meet for a drink/coffee, then call the guy.
    (I am loving this slo-mo weight training, life coach!)

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I left out the part where he invited me come stay for a couple of days for bike riding, snowshoeing, cross country skiing, etc. He's very into the outdoors (me too). But I don't know if I will have the nerve to actually act on it. He lives near Acadia National Park, which regular readers of my journal may remember I had camped in August and waxed rapsodically about for some time.

Super busy at work, didn't leave any journal entries. The last couple of days have confirmed that eating and sleeping on strict schedule is essential. A couple of days I did not feel like eating in the late afternoon before I left for work, but I did eat anyway. Good thing I did as I was too busy to grab anything at all for 8-10 hours. When I don't eat at home I tend to become ravenous the minute I step into the hospital, which is okay if I'm not horribly busy. But if I am, it can be a real problem. One of the unhealthy situations I like to avoid. Sure, I can go for long time without eating. Probably weeks. But why would I stress my body like that? Just being here is stressful enough. It's bad enough to be awash in cortisol without adding fasting. Anyway, I am glad I stuck to my schedule and everything has been fine.

Slept very well today and could have slept for longer but alas, had to get up. Was very hungry and had a large meal. Baked a slab of paleo flatbread and put carnitas on top of it. Very, very delicious but the pork juice made the bread soggy. Kind of messy to eat, but no less delicious because of it. Also had some asparagus wrapped in prosciutto and roasted until snappy. Mmmm mmmm mmmm. I put some chia seeds in coconut milk to get jelly-like, then added a banana and some honey. Yowzah. Yes, it was a feast. Pretty sure I can skip my midnight snack and wait until 4 AM to eat.

Felines are all happy and well. Woke up today with all three around my head. I felt like an eskimo.

A little bit of muscle soreness from my slow motion weight training stuff, which is good! The soreness is right in the belly of the affected muscles, which makes me think I am doing the exercises properly. And it isn't too bad - just enough to motivate me. I am surprised that it is more fun than I would have thought. It is really quite fun. As I said, the motions are slow, but the workout is fast paced. Am going to try to fit in some tonight here at work. I can go to the gym upstairs.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 11-21-2013 at 05:58 PM.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I got some magnesium oil to rub on my feet. Soaking my feet in epsom salts just wasn't happening, and when it did happen, it didn't seem to do anything. The oil, however, does seem to have an calming effect and maybe it is coincidence, but I slept great today.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Last one standing here! Both of my counterparts on this shift are out with some long-term ailment. Hmmmm. I haven't missed a day due to illness in...how long? A year, maybe longer? They've both missed boatloads of work. I am talking weeks. Of course I'm on the crazy fad diet that is going make me drop dead, so why should I talk?

Once again slept like a log. Didn't want to get up!

Coll is offline Senior Member
    The magnesium oil is great I think! I know you don't have a bath so that is certainly the way to go! I find I sleep so much better after some magnesium It is pretty awesome to realize how much healthier you are than those around you - what a blessing. And how sad that they can't see it. No-one so blind as those who really don't want to see. I hope tonight is not too busy and stressful.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

I did talk a little bit with one co-worker who has been suffering terribly from debilitating migraines. This has been going on for a long time, and I ventured to ask her if she had considered it might be dietary related. She was open to it, said her son is gluten sensitive and is gluten-free off and on (I think you know what I think about that - kinda like being pregnant off and on) but she clearly has no idea how to do a gluten-free diet. She knows you can't have soy sauce, and that is pretty much all. She was shocked when I told her that gluten is in condiments, particularly salad dressing. I am in despair that CW medicine gives no guidance at all in this matter, but heartened that she was willing to listen.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I've been pregnant off and on!

Clarkie is offline Senior Member
    How did you refrain from telling the personal trainer to shove a heavy weight up her A** in slow motion?? Your self control is remarkable! lol! I am imagining myself in that situation and I don't think I could have stayed quiet, then again I am feeling kinda bitchy today, must be the nasty weather.
    Onto another topic, could you enlighten me about magnesium oil? I take magnesium tablets regularly because a pharmacist friend of mine encouraged me to but I haven't heard of the oil.
    My 17 year old son has been complaining of sore feet for a couple of weeks now. We have tried different shoes, orthotic insoles, epsom salt soaks, ibuprofen. Nothing seems to be helping. Next step is to call the doctor.
    Is the magnesium oil applied topically for pain relief? I'd be willing to try this for DS. Thanks for any info you could provide.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I've been pregnant off and on!
    Yah, but not with the same baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie View Post
    How did you refrain from telling the personal trainer to shove a heavy weight up her A** in slow motion?? Your self control is remarkable! lol! I am imagining myself in that situation and I don't think I could have stayed quiet, then again I am feeling kinda bitchy today, must be the nasty weather.
    Onto another topic, could you enlighten me about magnesium oil? I take magnesium tablets regularly because a pharmacist friend of mine encouraged me to but I haven't heard of the oil.
    My 17 year old son has been complaining of sore feet for a couple of weeks now. We have tried different shoes, orthotic insoles, epsom salt soaks, ibuprofen. Nothing seems to be helping. Next step is to call the doctor.
    Is the magnesium oil applied topically for pain relief? I'd be willing to try this for DS. Thanks for any info you could provide.
    Here is Mark's take on magnesium: Five Common Nutrient Deficiencies | Mark's Daily Apple. Basically most of us are not getting enough of it, and deficiencies are linked to just about everything you don't want to have. I'm always looking to improve the quality of my sleep. Hmmmmm...I see he recommends putting it on the inner arms...haven't tried that. I really think it helps me sleep better. I bought the oil at the local food co-op, I believe it is widely available at drugstores. It is in a spray bottle, very easy to apply.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Here I am back at work, overtime, overtime, overtime. Woohoo, who can't use money? I was very tired this afternoon, but I'm okay now.

I found a locally roasted coffee that is utterly delicious and doesn't cause chest pain. At home I make it in my Aeropress, and here at work I am making it cowboy style, which works so well I wonder why anyone uses coffeemakers. I simply boil water, pour it over the grounds, wait 3 minutes or so, and then pour it through a small wire strainer that fits over a cup. I don't normally go for flavors, but this one has a bit of chocolate, very subtle and smooth. (It's not really chocolate, it's organic cacao. Of course.)