Page 389 of 590 FirstFirst ... 289339379387388389390391399439489 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 389

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Well, this is certainly motivating! Imagine the results after a few more workouts....I'll be cracking eggs on my biceps.

I went into the weight room today after swimming to try out some dumbbells and got chased out by the 'personal trainer.' She told me to put down those heavy weights before I hurt myself. Unfortunately I already look like I'm in better shape that she is. Maybe she should be getting advice from me! I'll have to go back at another time.
    Once you start the gym lifestyle it's hard to quit...

Nah, it's pretty fun though. And it has made me feel a lot better. If you enjoy it you should definitely go back; regardless of what a condescending personal trainer thinks :P

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    Once you start the gym lifestyle it's hard to quit...
    Let's hope so! I hope I get totally into it and turn myself into a GODDESS! (Can the world stand it?)

Yesterday I put a large beef roast in the slow cooker, but it wasn't done at midnight. I put the whole thing in the fridge and this morning I cut it up, whirled the sauce around in the chopper, added some more seasonings, and put it all back in on high. I prepped some pork chops, they are ready to go in when that is done. I should have no problems with getting enough protein during my next three nights of work. I haven't worked three in a row for awhile, wish me luck!

Feeling a bit lazy this morning. Can't decide if I want to go to the pool or not. My skin and hair are feeling extremely dry despite my ministrations (liberal applications of jojoba and coconut oil). It is sunny and cold, I think a short hike is in order.

That is one secret to living here in Maine. It is quite sunny. Even now, the dark time of the year when daylight is at its shortest, we have a lot of sunny days. It is the sunniest cold place I have ever lived. Maybe because it is on the coast, or just where it happens to be geographically. But I like the sun.

Yesterday I was looking through my drawers and found a swimsuit bottom from a suit that I forgot I had. The top is horrible, way too low cut and no support at all. Totally unsuitable for lap swimming, even if I weren't a D cup. But the bottoms fit perfectly and are cut very nicely. Better than the bottoms I have for my two-piece tank. I subbed them yesterday and was very happy with the result. Luckily they are black and they go just fine with the purple print top. I was thinking of getting a lycra short sleeve shirt because last winter I just about froze in the pool but so far this year (it is early days yet) the pool has been a good temp. Maybe they have adjusted things because LOTS of folks were complaining. I know a lap pool should be on the cool side, but it was ridiculous. More like a polar bear swim. I had to get out a couple of times after about 10 minutes because my fingernails were blue and I was shaking uncontrollably. Well, hopefully not this year. I will hold off on the lycra shirt because they are pricey.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

A few months ago I was all excited about trying to make injera and bought a bag of teff. That bag of teff is still sitting unopened on my shelf and when I look at it I wonder why I was so hot to try it. What was I thinking?

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Have been trying to do this: The Fishtail Braid, In 5 Easy Steps. Have not achieved it yet!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I should try that on Littlest. Her hair is almost down to her waist. It would look spectacular. But how in the world does one do it for themselves? Too bad cats don't have thumbs.

That's the problem I'm having, it is too bunchy at the top. I haven't figured out how to move my hands around the way I can when I braid the normal way. I was thinking it would be great if I could get someone to do it for me, it is quite simple. But I am sure my co-workers would think I was totally over the top if I came in and asked someone to do my hair!

Well, here I go bragging again, but my beef turned out spectacularly. Really good. I took the cover off the slow cooker for the last hour. I think the twice-cooking method was the key. It got really tender without getting mushy and the flavors blended so well. Unfortunately I ate so much of it that there is only enough left for possibly three meals. The pork chops are in the slow cooker right now.

Went for a short but beautiful hike just down the road in the preserve. Such a great time of year.

Spending a fair amount of time wondering how to proceed with connecting with the guy I ran into this weekend. I'm such a doof at these things. I'm not good at devising ways to meet up again. Other than just calling him and saying, 'hey, I'd like to get together.' Of course I wish HE would do that, but if I wait around for that to happen it probably won't.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    You may be pulling too tight at top.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I want to do the fishtail with my hair too - if you master it - post a pic!

How 'bout a simple........... Lets meet for coffee!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

No, he lives two hours away. Nothing is simple!

Haven't mastered the fishtail but have managed to create a huge snarl!

Coll is offline Senior Member
    That is how you connect with the dude - ask him to help with the hair snarl! LOL - sorry that's just silly I know. It would be awesome if something worked out for you in the guy department...
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.