Page 386 of 591 FirstFirst ... 286336376384385386387388396436486 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,860 of 5901

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    ... NOT IN PERSON...
    My dreams of living a Kenneth Branaugh experience vicariously through Siobhan--CRUSHED.

Dave Asprey is on the Gluten Summit today: Dave Asprey: The Gluten Summit. If you've never heard him, and even if you have, try to catch it! He has such original ideas but backed by experience and science. The King of the Biohackers!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

OMG I was staring to twitch, imagining Kenneth in the flesh! Glad you enjoyed it. You really do the coolest stuff. I too live vicariously through Siobhan......sigh.

I doubt if Kenneth Branaugh even knows there IS a mid-coast Maine! It never occurred to me that anyone would think I saw him in person.

Went to see a raptor program. There was a golden eagle, a saw-whet owl, a raven, and a kestrel. Gorgeous birds! I saw them last year, if there is anyone who has been reading my journal for that long. The women who run this program do such a terrific job. I am in awe of their commitment. The golden eagle, Skywalker, is missing a wing. He was around 2 years old when he was shot and today he would be euthanized under federal law with this type of injury. He has been at the refuge now for 20 years and is a huge inspiration to thousands of people who have seen him and heard his story. I have heard it before, but every time I get teary-eyed. Golden Eagles Most of us have been metaphorically shot out of the sky - a scary medical diagnosis, the death of a loved one - but Skywalker was literally shot out of the sky. Yet he has survived and thrived. He lives a meaningful life with devoted partner (another golden eagle).

I started a weight program this morning, inspired by Tom Naughton's follow-up video. He has been doing slow movement weight training and the results are quite impressive. At the end of his video he poses shirtless and says something like, "I'm not going to win any best body contests, but I've been the fat guy my whole life, so I'm pretty happy." Well, he gets my vote! He looks great! I looked over a couple of programs and chose the one that I think I will be most likely to stick with. This is the one I chose: Amazon.com: SLOW MOTION WEIGHT TRAINING - FASTER MUSCLE GAIN IN LESS TIME AT HOME OR GYM FOR MEN & WOMEN - HOW TO BOOK & GUIDE FOR SMART DUMMIES eBook: CHRISTOPHER DAVID ALLEN: Kindle Store because it was $4 and requires minimal equipment. Obviously I don't recommend it yet, and I have a suspicion that the reviews are written by either the author himself or maybe by his mom. Still I think it is a solid program, and I only do it once a week!

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Have you seen him as Gilderoy Lockhart in Harry Potter, fencing with Snape? Well worth watching!

He was brilliant in that role! And hilarious.

Good morning, Sio! I loved the Wind over Wings site, as well as your line that we've all been shot out of the sky at one time or another! So true!! I sent them a donation so consider that from you. Also, I'll be doing the slow motion weight training with you.

He was a great choice for that role, because he really made it clear why women would swoon over Gilderoy in spite of his foolishness and ego. I would put up with a lot just to see Kenneth Branaugh. Especially in tights! And, with my deep and abiding love of Alan Rickman that dueling scene was like a little piece of heaven for me!

Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    Good morning, Sio! I loved the Wind over Wings site, as well as your line that we've all been shot out of the sky at one time or another! So true!! I sent them a donation so consider that from you. Also, I'll be doing the slow motion weight training with you.
    Oh Judy, thank you so much! I got all teary-eyed once again. They do very good work and they don't waste any money, believe me.

I'm a little sore from the slow-mo training even though I just have wimpy 3-lb. weights - I'm glad I didn't start off trying to do it with 8-pounders! I like the once a week thing! And I can listen to the radio or even TV while I am doing it. If you don't have a metronome, no worries, use an online one! Free Online Metronome

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    He was a great choice for that role, because he really made it clear why women would swoon over Gilderoy in spite of his foolishness and ego. I would put up with a lot just to see Kenneth Branaugh. Especially in tights! And, with my deep and abiding love of Alan Rickman that dueling scene was like a little piece of heaven for me!
    I thought the same thing, he really managed to portray a character that was extremely attractive and kind of repulsive at the same time. I heard an interview with him back in the day and although I don't remember exactly what he said, something about using aspects of his own character ACCORDING TO HIS SISTER, he was able to channel Gilderoy. I remember laughing so hard I could hardly drive straight. Actually, now I must get out that DVD and watch his bits. (pun intended...hehehe)

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    ... he said, something about using aspects of his own character ACCORDING TO HIS SISTER, he was able to channel Gilderoy...
    That's fantastic!

Watch vicariously for me-- I'm off to the post office, if I can ever drag myself away from the fascination of the forum.