Page 386 of 590 FirstFirst ... 286336376384385386387388396436486 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,860 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 386

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So cute

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Sio, a friend gave me a book today Pastrix: The Cranky, Beautiful Faith of a Sinner & Saint: Nadia Bolz-Weber: 9781455527083: Amazon.com: Books. It's very good. She wanted to thank me for reading The Ocean at the End of the Lane: A Novel: Neil Gaiman: 9780062255655: Amazon.com: Books to her mom and 4 of her friends. The ladies are in their 80's, struggle reading novels but LOVE fantasy novels. Both are worth a look.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for that, Judy, I've requested Patrix from the library. Looks very interesting! I was just thinking today that I would love to attend church services in a bar. Sounds weird, but somehow it just seems appropriate to bring the Word to places outside of traditional church. (This is hardly an original thought, but it is unknown here.) I've read everything Gaiman has written. Well, almost everything, that guy is prolific!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Well, I got my GMO/organic answer: Jeffrey Smith: The Gluten Summit. A product cannot be labeled organic if it is GMO, so all organic is in fact non-GMO. Whew.

Went to see Macbeth with a friend. Great stuff! Kenneth Branaugh and a great company in an old church. I am astounded at the physical ability to act on stage for hours in costume and makeup under hot lights, being a brilliant thespian as well as doing sword fights, etc. I wonder if any of them are paleo?

The Gluten Summit was particularly good today (the last day except for encores). Loren Cordain, my personal hero and guru, did a great interview. I owe it all to him! Well, 70% to him, 30% to Gary Taubes, and 100% to Mark. Yep, that adds up to 200%, which is how much better I feel now.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Did you say KENNETH BRANAUGH!?!
    Last edited by Sabine; 11-17-2013 at 07:45 AM. Reason: regular font was not adequate

Yes, although I hasten to add NOT IN PERSON. It was an HD simulcast of a play in Manchester, England. Branaugh was unbelievable. I mean that literally. He must lose 10 lbs. during the performance. It is so physical. AND he has to give the acting performance of his life. I really don't know how one does that.

Woke up really late today - 9:15 AM. Slept well. Made a breakfast soup of all sorts - carrots, pork, bone broth, an egg. I will admit that it did not look nice at all. Sort of like eck's "What the Heck is that?" but not so appetizing. The taste, however, was heavenly. Very satisfying. I love that feeling when I get it right - completely satisfied but not feeling bloated or even really full. Before breakfast, as soon as I got up, I had a large glass of water with lemon juice and mineral drops. I'm getting to the point where I automatically reach for that first thing in the morning.

I just opened my French doors and found that summer has returned - or at least early fall. It is very warm and pleasant. I must get outside right now!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    ... NOT IN PERSON...
    My dreams of living a Kenneth Branaugh experience vicariously through Siobhan--CRUSHED.

Dave Asprey is on the Gluten Summit today: Dave Asprey: The Gluten Summit. If you've never heard him, and even if you have, try to catch it! He has such original ideas but backed by experience and science. The King of the Biohackers!

Clarkie is offline Senior Member
    OMG I was staring to twitch, imagining Kenneth in the flesh! Glad you enjoyed it. You really do the coolest stuff. I too live vicariously through Siobhan......sigh.

I doubt if Kenneth Branaugh even knows there IS a mid-coast Maine! It never occurred to me that anyone would think I saw him in person.

Went to see a raptor program. There was a golden eagle, a saw-whet owl, a raven, and a kestrel. Gorgeous birds! I saw them last year, if there is anyone who has been reading my journal for that long. The women who run this program do such a terrific job. I am in awe of their commitment. The golden eagle, Skywalker, is missing a wing. He was around 2 years old when he was shot and today he would be euthanized under federal law with this type of injury. He has been at the refuge now for 20 years and is a huge inspiration to thousands of people who have seen him and heard his story. I have heard it before, but every time I get teary-eyed. Golden Eagles Most of us have been metaphorically shot out of the sky - a scary medical diagnosis, the death of a loved one - but Skywalker was literally shot out of the sky. Yet he has survived and thrived. He lives a meaningful life with devoted partner (another golden eagle).

I started a weight program this morning, inspired by Tom Naughton's follow-up video. He has been doing slow movement weight training and the results are quite impressive. At the end of his video he poses shirtless and says something like, "I'm not going to win any best body contests, but I've been the fat guy my whole life, so I'm pretty happy." Well, he gets my vote! He looks great! I looked over a couple of programs and chose the one that I think I will be most likely to stick with. This is the one I chose: Amazon.com: SLOW MOTION WEIGHT TRAINING - FASTER MUSCLE GAIN IN LESS TIME AT HOME OR GYM FOR MEN & WOMEN - HOW TO BOOK & GUIDE FOR SMART DUMMIES eBook: CHRISTOPHER DAVID ALLEN: Kindle Store because it was $4 and requires minimal equipment. Obviously I don't recommend it yet, and I have a suspicion that the reviews are written by either the author himself or maybe by his mom. Still I think it is a solid program, and I only do it once a week!